NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

tumblr_oabpm7kMPL1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Nintendo have released alternative box art for Splatoon to mark this months Splatfest. You can download them on the Official Splatoon tumblr:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/147450568790/pledge-your-allegiance-to-team-callie-or-team

I bought the Callie and Marie Amiibo's. If anyone was wondering what songs they perform, I took screenshots of their menu's:

PdkUQ1f.jpg

IjxTdNw.jpg

Edited by Helmsly

I can still sign up before playing if I haven't already? I'm gonna Overwatch this eve and be busy pretty much all of tomorrow - but Sunday is a day of hangover and games and maybe I'll play a little bit of Splatfest!!

Out of interest - if this is the last ever Splatfest does that mean there will be no way to obtain those seashell things you were getting from them, otherwise?? Bit harsh if so!

Out of interest - if this is the last ever Splatfest does that mean there will be no way to obtain those seashell things you were getting from them, otherwise?? Bit harsh if so!

the sea shells are only worth 30k each I think, so it's not removing something that is otherwise unobtainable.

I am hoping that they'll replace splatfests some how... not sure what with though, and I don't think they will sadly :(

Ohh, you can buy them for 30k? Still much more favourable during splatfests but if it's still an option/opportunity then that's not a problem!

Ohh, you can buy them for 30k? Still much more favourable during splatfests but if it's still an option/opportunity then that's not a problem!

You can't buy them, but they are worth that much (or is it 20k?) at spykes when you add slots/change slot skills. Aside from that, they are worth nothing

Been ages since I last played this, so was nice to get some games in tonight for the final Splatfest.

Come on team Marie! :hehe:

Been ages since I last played this, so was nice to get some games in tonight for the final Splatfest.

Come on team Marie! :hehe:

First few games I played were dead easy, felt like I was playing against 5 year olds... this evening it felt like I was playing with 5 year olds - running after me like a pack of puppies, painting walls, seeing a tiny speck of unpainted ground and painting it up... meanwhile the opposing team were painting our base :| good for me getting lots and LOTS of ink coverage, not so good for winning the splatfest!

Come on team Ayo! :heh:

well.. all done. I'm 7 shells from having 3 slots for all my footwear... about 74 needed for my clothes though. so I'm hoping for this last splatfest they increase the shells up for grabs... 81 or more would be nice :P otherwise I need to get 2.4 million :|

Edited by Pestneb

Played this for around 5 hours yesterday, had loads of great games, leveled up to 'Marie King' and got my score to 1640 but then today...

horrible laggy games, constant connection error messages during matches, disconnections during lobbies and losing matches due to latency issues. Currently my score is down to 1548 from a string of loses plus we lost 20 points from getting disconnected during the last two games.

I played a couple of hours this morning, seemed to be stable, no disconnects. levelled up nice and quickly, team marie seem to be doing pretty poorly at the level I was at - I'm rank B and only lost 2 matches today out of 15 or so. Last night was a different situation altogether, but still won the majority of matches.Having said that, it seems in the morning I seem to win 60-80% of the time, in the evening it was more like I lost that much. I hope most of the games are like my morning games!!

The game seemed to be struggling to match properly.. maybe none of the strong marie teams were awake, or none of the weak callie teams were around - or the power matching is just rubbish!

Either way, even last night I enjoyed the game a lot more, the matches all were close (low 50's vs high 40's) when we lost or a nice margin sometimes when we won (90% in one match :D). The last few splatfests all the matches felt like hardwork and it wasn't so fun.. idk, maybe a lot more casual players have rejoined for the last splatfest and that's the difference?

Edited by Pestneb

Will be putting in my Splatfest work a bit later on. Team Marie here!

[edit]

I won't miss Splatfests when they're gone. Ugh.

Edited by Guy

Ha.. great... last splatfest and I picked the wrong team :P

Oh well... better get spending!

Saw this on the Splatoon Subreddit, but it seems they have updated Judd (the cat that sits near the lobby) so that he now keeps tabs on your wins. He mentions something about "'if you win enough, i'll give you an extra special bonus. just a token of my admiration". Possibly this will be how to get Snails from now on or maybe its something else?

Also I took a bunch of screenshots as this is the final Splatfest and the last time we get to see the lobby like this:

lgp5dfE.jpg

JTyKmlM.jpgByGAown.jpgAHYiUGD.jpgygWDDgi.jpgV5rwM4u.jpg2v9yxsH.jpgJR4BwJ3.jpgNgQuOzV.jpgDIgbNhA.jpg

xEqNCg3.jpg

TVh4JK0.jpg

PmMjJi2.jpg

I'm hoping that even without Splatfests they can have the nighttime setting on occasionally!

I'm hoping that even without Splatfests they can have the nighttime setting on occasionally!

yeah that would be good. You can make it night time right now by scanning the Callie and Marie Amiibo though

Edited by Helmsly

yeah that would be good. You can make it night time right now by scanning the Callie and Marie Amiibo though

Does that include the courses?

Does that include the courses?

Sadly not. It even locks the stores and you can't even access the lobby for online matches when it's in that mode.

Edited by Helmsly

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-now-gives-more-bonus-points-for-regular-battle-victories-super-sea-snails-for-30-wins/

so 700 extra coins for wins.. which means in effect 43 wins = a sea shell. If you actually want shells though, after 30 wins in regular battle, speak to Judd. I'm hoping that isn't 30 consecutive wins though.. and that the wins can take place across sessions (unlike the bonus coins that get wiped out when you quit the game/the stages change)

ok found more info, apparently "2. If you win 30 (?) battles in a rotation, Judd will give you Sea Snail."

so up to 6 sea snails a day... if you are insanely obsessive. I wonder if winning 60 battles gets two sea snails :D

Edited by Pestneb

Me and Dakota are playing if anyone fancies joining us.

would have done.. guessing this is a few hours late though :laughing:

kinda sucks though... it would have been good fun to get a few games in!

would have done.. guessing this is a few hours late though :laughing:

kinda sucks though... it would have been good fun to get a few games in!

It was really great to play it again, barely played it in so long, just reminded me how incredible it was and got me excited for Spla2oon on nx, best game this gen across all systems for me! But still so much room for improvement, exciting.