NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

Nearly done with Episode 3. Been taking my time but it's such a fun game. It's pure fun in game form and it's gorgeous. Highly recommend it.

Nearly done with Episode 3. Been taking my time but it's such a fun game. It's pure fun in game form and it's gorgeous. Highly recommend it.

Hurry up!

I want to be able to discuss the hell that is the final bonus stage with someone. :D

Hurry up!

I want to be able to discuss the hell that is the final bonus stage with someone. :D

Haha, I'll get to it as fast as I can, just lots of family stuff :p

I admit, I have "rage" quit a couple of times, not so much rage but more "ah nuts to this. I'll do it later" after dying or missing an objective

I can't imagine a level in this game being hellish, so am very intrigued what it could be...

Hurry up!

Haha. Intrigued now.

I'm taking my time with it too, but I will say it's just incredible... I mean, my brain can't quite fathom how anyone who likes games wouldn't like it... For me it's a classic that will be remembered for many many years!

I did randomly get a

Mummy Me level rather than a Coins Galore one. That was a bit brutal.

I did randomly get a

Mummy Me level rather than a Coins Galore one. That was a bit brutal.

You dislike those levels? This please me. :D

Just did the level that

Is just Donkey Kong. Love it.

I loved that level. Sadly the surprise was spoiled by one of the podcasts I listen to. May have been IGN NVC. :(

Just a suggestion - as this in episodes, where people can remember, maybe you can tag "episode 1 spoiler" or "episode 3 spoiler" so we know which spoilers are no longer necessarily spoilers...

I am loving this game more and more though, the atmosphere and balance is great, and actually you can get a lot out of the game just by trying to complete levels in a different way. I'd quite like it if there was some records function that you could unlock at the end, so you could try an improve your records on each level - if they could also sort online out too so that you could compare against those on your friends list too.

Anyway, loving the game, I've been replaying levels because a couple of levels you can't fully explore, you have to choose one route and that completely cuts out the other... and I don't want to miss out any thing!! for such tiny cube levels there is a lot of exploring to do!

Is it just me or is the second episode full of better levels than the first? or is it a false impression on my part? (not completed episode 2 yet!)

Good idea regarding labelling spoilers I ain't opening any just in case.

I wish there was speed achievement, I'd enjoy bombing through the levels as quickly as possible (which sometimes I do collecting a rogue dismond or fulfilling an objective! )

As for episode 2 being better. I don't think so persinally, they all seem a lot bigger and harder, but not neccessarily better, it's all Amazjng :)

Good idea regarding labelling spoilers I ain't opening any just in case.

I wish there was speed achievement, I'd enjoy bombing through the levels as quickly as possible (which sometimes I do collecting a rogue dismond or fulfilling an objective! )

As for episode 2 being better. I don't think so persinally, they all seem a lot bigger and harder, but not neccessarily better, it's all Amazjng :)

I like the lack for the moment, it lets you soak up the atmosphere, take your time planning a route and I think that is a large part of the charm... but being allowed to have a timer and to race through the levels once you have completed the game is something I'd like to see, just to add longevity. Although maybe they'll let you do that with your amiibo? scan in Yoshi and see how quickly he can complete the level?

Edited by Pestneb

There are time trials for each level of the game, if that's what you're after?

Thanks! is that unlocked once I complete it, or is it available straight away and I've just been dozy?

There are time trials for each level of the game, if that's what you're after?

That's amazing, you big spoiler runner :)

As I was playing it's exactly what I wanted. Do you get something for beating certain times or anything, don't want to know what, but I need a reason to actually do it.

I think you need to fully complete the episode ( all diamonds and side mission for each level ) and then you should see a time that you need to beat on each levels page.

As far as I know you get nothing for beating the times. Just aswell as I hate time trials in games.

It's not something I'm super eager for, but it's something I think could add a tiny bit of longevity to the game. It's such a relaxed game on the first run through, so trying to find shorter routes for completing the game in itself could be interesting. I won't be struggling to shave off those last few milliseconds :D

It's not something I'm super eager for, but it's something I think could add a tiny bit of longevity to the game. It's such a relaxed game on the first run through, so trying to find shorter routes for completing the game in itself could be interesting. I won't be struggling to shave off those last few milliseconds :D

I had a bash at a few of them and there is really no room for error. Some of them are insane! There's a stage you can beat in 5 seconds. :D

I too tried some of the time trials. Nuts to those haha

If there's stuff for achieving them, I may just cry.

I too tried some of the time trials. Nuts to those haha

If there's stuff for achieving them, I may just cry.

I had a good look around and couldn't find anything saying there was.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one struggling with them. :)

Right ive decided. My mum has kindly given me a bit of money for xmas (well enough to get this game) so i'm going to get it!

Cheers to @Hero\-of\-Time and others for convincing me!

Right ive decided. My mum has kindly given me a bit of money for xmas (well enough to get this game) so i'm going to get it!

I knew you would come around. It's such a charming game, mate. You'll love it.

Well I've 100% completed books 1 and 2. Might try book 3 tomorrow If I'm not totally off my face.

You're going to love it :)