NEurope
Hero-of-Time

MGS V: Phantom Pain

I just finished listening to it actually. I don't remember any Peace Walker spoilers, just the end of 4.

Good stuff. I'll start listening to it on the way home from work. I look forward to hearing their thoughts on it, especially as Brad seemed a bit down on the game during last weeks episode when they were trying to explain GW and JD to him. :D

It's interesting listening to their thoughts now because they did a special MGS4 spoiler episode of the Bombcast years ago and they all absolutely loved the game. Jeff makes a complete 180 in this episode on something he thought years ago.

I was watching the Solid Scanlon feature where they were watching the Phantom pain trailers and I must say, anyone who thinks this game isn't going to be layered with Kojima-typical insanity needs to re-watch the 2013 trailers.

Demonic. Unicorns.

That are made of FIRE.

Set to WILDLY INAPPROPRIATE POP MUSIC.

Edited by gaggle64

I started Peace Walker last night and i'm REALLY enjoying it. It feels a lot fresher than the previous games and i'm quite liking the bite sized mission structure.

I ended up doing most of the missions in co-op. Some guy called MGSFAN95 kept joining my missions and eventually started sending me hints and tips via PSN. The guy was really helpful in explaining stuff.

The boss fights haven't been an issue at all. I simply waited for the lobby to fill up and then tackled them as a team. They went down pretty fast, the only one that took some time was the chopper and that was due wanting to capture it rather than destroying it.

I'm loving the Mother Base management game. It's certainly an interesting addition to the series and i'm looking forward to seeing this be expanded in MGSV.

I think i'm on mission 16, so it looks like i'm halfway through the story missions. I honestly wish I had played this when it first came out and grab a few mates to play alongside me. As a co-op experience it's awesome. After finishing the story, it may be a game I keep popping back to, purely for the online co-op.

I can see why Greg Miller rates this game so highly.

I'm loving the Mother Base management game. It's certainly an interesting addition to the series and i'm looking forward to seeing this be expanded in MGSV.

I remember the time I put into Mother Base management. It was like a game in a game for me.

Can't wait to see how many hours I will spent with this in MGSV :)

Downloaded MGS2 again onto my Vita last night. Not expecting to make much progress on it before 5 comes out but thought it would be nice to play again for a bit. Maybe even finally get better at sneaking!

@Happenstance I would have to vote yes and I'd expect it to be pretty much the lead up to the original Metal Gear....I also think given Konami's current status in the videogame industry they would rather pour a lot less money into Fox Engine remakes of those first two games and churn them out super fast than have another protracted dev cycle for a sequel.

I went back and played a bit of Ground Zeroes. What little there is of his dialogue I'm really not keen on Kiefer as Snake.

Also....I went to EB Games yesterday as they had Metal Gear Rising for $3.99 new and I also came out with the Legacy Collection as it was only $40.

Edited by flameboy

10 at Gamespot too. Seen a couple of 8s leaking out elsewhere. Looking good at any rate.

Just ordered the collectors edition guide.

Cannot wait for this - may need to book a few days off for this :P

I tried booking the day off on Tuesday, but alas as it's right after the bank holiday it's near-impossible to get that week off, let alone a day in that week. On a plus side, it's my late on Wednesday so i get a few extra hours in the evening.

I've not seen anything since E3 so I think I'll give it a miss anyway. it's rare I go into such a big game without knowing that much.

So Skelator isn't Snake?
:heh:

So glad I'm not at all invested in the story of Metal Gear. :D

Doubt it. Dude has been seen talking with Snake a few times in different trailers. He's also on a few tapes talking with Paz in GZ.

I think it's simply showing his transition into something evil. It starts off with him in his MGS3 gear, then Peace Walker, then Ground Zeroes, then MGS5, then what looks like the corpse from MGS4 and finally into Skull Face.

Apparently Konami have asked retailers to hold off sending the games out a few days early, even with the bank holiday on Monday. Really hope they ignore that as I want to get the game as early as possible, enjoy it over the long weekend!

Shopto have started to process orders, so who knows. Maybe we'll get it early, maybe not.

Shopto have started to process orders, so who knows. Maybe we'll get it early, maybe not.

I hope so. It would be glorious to have it arrive on Saturday.

I finished Peace Walker last night. I thought I had finished it on Saturday but it turns out that wasn't the real ending. I had to grind and bunch of missions and then assemble ZEKE before I could see what really happens at the end.

Paz you backstabbing cow! Also, why the hell was she in her underwear while piloting ZEKE? Seemed very weird. Probably Kojima just being Kojima.

:D

It's good to see why the whole world is out to get Big Boss and co. While they didn't really attack anyone, they have set themselves up with a huge target on their backs.

Brilliant game. As I said earlier, it's a shame I didn't get to play this when it first came out, as the online community would have been much more active.

The game has 2 of may favourite MGS songs in Heavens Divide and Peace Walker main theme.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

With that done, all that remains is a run through Ground Zeroes and I am officially ready for MGSV. :yay:

Simply Games have claimed my copy has been dispatched (not sure how much I believe them though after the Persona Q delay)

Simply Games have claimed my copy has been dispatched (not sure how much I believe them though after the Persona Q delay)

Yeah, my mate at work just got a text off his dad saying his copy had been dispatched from them as well.