Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Maker

Hogge

Nintendo is partnering with Facebook to celebrate the launch of #SuperMarioMaker! (1/2)

Facebook employees will design levels in the game, w/ one level available to download for free after launch. (2/2)

Hope that ain't the seeds of DLC being planted here...

Hope that ain't the seeds of DLC being planted here...

It's not. It's the curse of 280 characters. Saying something is for free doesn't mean others will come at cost.

It'd be ridiculous, not even EA levels of insanity to sell DLC levels in a game where people create and share the levels for free.

I can promise you that paid DLC levels will not happen.

It's not. It's the curse of 280 characters. Saying something is for free doesn't mean others will come at cost.

It'd be ridiculous, not even EA levels of insanity to sell DLC levels in a game where people create and share the levels for free.

I can promise you that paid DLC levels will not happen.

NO YOU CANT PROMISE THIS! Why do you say things like this? You don't k ow, your words and opinions and more important than anyone else's. You "promising" us isn't going to put people at ease.

NO YOU CANT PROMISE THIS! Why do you say things like this? You don't k ow, your words and opinions and more important than anyone else's. You "promising" us isn't going to put people at ease.

I can promise this because there is no way Nintendo, or any developer, is that monumentally stupid.

If there's paid DLC, it'll be new itemsets, new styles etc., there's no way in hell they will release paid levels in a game that is built around creating and sharing levels for free.

I can promise this because there is no way Nintendo, or any developer, is that monumentally stupid.

If there's paid DLC, it'll be new itemsets, new styles etc., there's no way in hell they will release paid levels in a game that is built around creating and sharing levels for free.

I agree, but it was just 'I promise you', like when you say it it is more than an opinion, it's fact!

Saying that, if Nintendo paid loads of amazing game developers to create 10 levels each or something and then sold them on, would people be disgusted by that?

Though actually, made me think of something, surely loads of game developers will want to play and make stuff on this game, if we can follow them, we could get some amazing levels from the most obscure places!

At most for selling levels, I would see it as a tied in promo, say a level in the form of a triforce when viewed from afar to promote Zelda...with a discount for the game if the sell the level.. more likely it just being a perk if you do buy the game and it's detected on the Wii U?

Edited by Pestneb

I agree, but it was just 'I promise you', like when you say it it is more than an opinion, it's fact!

"I promise you that..." is just a phrase, though. It just means that Serebii has a very strong opinion about it.

I can see them making DLC packs with new creation tools down the line like what they did with Little Big Planet. That would be awesome to see! :D

Stages on their own though? Pointless. They'd be recreated by players and uploaded within minutes if they did that :heh:

I can see them making DLC packs with new creation tools down the line like what they did with Little Big Planet. That would be awesome to see! :D

Stages on their own though? Pointless. They'd be recreated by players and uploaded within minutes if they did that :heh:

Super Mario Land 2 set is a must

Could this game mean end of Super Mario Platformer?

Nah course not. As powerful as this tool looks, it'll never be as powerful as the tools that the actual developers have (you wont be able to do things like scripting, programming in new objects/gimmicks/physics/gameplay mechanics/cutscenes etc).

This is something that is designed to be simple enough for the average person to use, so it has to be limited by nature. I certainly couldn't program a Mario game, that's for sure!

Nah course not. As powerful as this tool looks, it'll never be as powerful as the tools that the actual developers have (you wont be able to do things like scripting, programming in new objects/gimmicks/physics/gameplay mechanics/cutscenes etc).

This is something that is designed to be simple enough for the average person to use, so it has to be limited by nature. I certainly couldn't program a Mario game, that's for sure!

Yeah, but there will be probably thousands of levels for free and people will play them, so it could affect someone buying another Mario 2D platformer as he just played enough of it.

I would buy the new Mario game, as I don't think I will be playing these Mario Maker levels, as I don't like just going through it without any reward at the end :D, but some people maybe don't care and will at least postpone the buying of new Mario game.

I know that the new Mario will come on a new platform so the Mario Maker shouldn't really affect it, but because it seems like it will be not really powerful, I am not sure how much better will the game look compared to latest version of it.

But again, it's a Mario, people will probably buy it :D.

Yeah, but there will be probably thousands of levels for free and people will play them, so it could affect someone buying another Mario 2D platformer as he just played enough of it.

Nintendo will be able to get data about usage of mario maker, they'll see when it gets used less and be able to release games with that in mind.

Another thing they might do is add new mechanics/characters and they work in mario maker... but only if you own the new mario 2d platformer... either digital, or the assets need the disc in the console..

99 costumes!! I love how it's not just cosmetic, the animations, sound effects and music are different for each character.

Confirmed that you can get them all through completing the 100 Mario Challenge, too.

Plus, Pokémon amiibo are compatible!