NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

You're exaggerating just a little bit there. It's not a huge risk at all. It's not like a console launch. The Wii U and 3DS won't live or die by the success or failure of amiibo. It was always likely to do well given the strength of Nintendo's fanchises, I'm only surprised it took so long but then Nintendo's always late to the ball. They're manufactured no doubt in some Chinese sweatshop. Nintendo have done very little as far as in game content connected with them. Capper Turd being a new low. If Nintendo had announced an amiibo focused game prior to launch then that may have been a risk. Given their success they might have started one now. I'd describe Nintendo in the last couple of generations of being too conservative if anything.

It's a risk for the company, you pillock. Manufacturing millions of those and having it as your winter strategy when it's completely untested is a massive risk. That's why Nintendo passed on Skylanders exclusivity originally.

Yes, you don't like it or Captain Toad, but business wise it was a big risk and if it fell flat, it'd have severely damaged Nintendo's bottomline.

It would have damaged Nintendo's bottom line but realistically it was never going to fall flat. It was always going to sell well enough, hence not exactly a big risk.

You're exaggerating just a little bit there. It's not a huge risk at all. It's not like a console launch. The Wii U and 3DS won't live or die by the success or failure of amiibo. It was always likely to do well given the strength of Nintendo's fanchises, I'm only surprised it took so long but then Nintendo's always late to the ball. They're manufactured no doubt in some Chinese sweatshop. Nintendo have done very little as far as in game content connected with them. Capper Turd being a new low. If Nintendo had announced an amiibo focused game prior to launch then that may have been a risk. Given their success they might have started one now. I'd describe Nintendo in the last couple of generations of being too conservative if anything.

That was actually a great post.

(ruined by the juvenile 12 year old humour of "Capper Turd")

Stop making the amiibo thread not fun with all this fancy business talk. =/

NEW WAVE INCOMING THIS WEEK.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Dancing-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

It's a risk for the company, you pillock. Manufacturing millions of those and having it as your winter strategy when it's completely untested is a massive risk. That's why Nintendo passed on Skylanders exclusivity originally.

Yes, you don't like it or Captain Toad, but business wise it was a big risk and if it fell flat, it'd have severely damaged Nintendo's bottomline.

Sure it's a risk. I was questioning the HUGE bit. Passing on the Skylanders deal is just more of Nintendo's conservatism. So Captain Toad was a big risk now too? C'mon. It's a budget game with so much borrowed assets from Super Mario 3D World and in comparitive terms had a short development cycle.

And less of the name calling please.

I think two things about the situation

1. They will release more figures so we don't need to freak out

2. Isn't the difficulty part of the fun, part of the hobby?!?!

Though I will say I haven't found it that difficult, I ordered all the amiibo, not particularly early or anything, just casually. And got everything... Same with Smash controller and adapter, pre ordered a few days before release and got it!

But the whole fuss about it is what makes it more exciting! Part of the hunt (I'm pretty sure Game will fuck up my shulk amiibo)!

If they were in plentiful supply I wouldn't have them all now, I planned to get them slowly and through presents but the furore made me get all of them instantly :) I'm loving the hobby to be honest!

Sure it's a risk. I was questioning the HUGE bit. Passing on the Skylanders deal is just more of Nintendo's conservatism. So Captain Toad was a big risk now too? C'mon. It's a budget game with so much borrowed assets from Super Mario 3D World and in comparitive terms had a short development cycle.

And less of the name calling please.

I never said Captain Toad was a risk?

I never said Captain Toad was a risk?

Maybe you were still talking about amiibo but it looked like it was about Captain Toad.

Nintendo UK are starting to process the Wave 3 amiibo. Taken payment for one of my three ordered ones. Keep an eye on your e-mails.

Nintendo UK are starting to process the Wave 3 amiibo. Taken payment for one of my three ordered ones. Keep an eye on your e-mails.

Still no movement on my end.

A guy on Gaf says his Megaman and Sonic have been shipped from GAME. I'm hoping he's lying otherwise that means the street date has been broken....AGAIN. It's hard enough trying to find these things without release dates being broken all over the place.

@Serebii was Azula talking about Nintendo UK holding the figures back or some other site?

Still no movement on my end.

A guy on Gaf says his Megaman and Sonic have been shipped from GAME. I'm hoping he's lying otherwise that means the street date has been broken....AGAIN. It's hard enough trying to find these things without release dates being broken all over the place.

@Serebii was Azula talking about Nintendo UK holding the figures back or some other site?

He was talking about this one http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/

Toon Link is ready for dispatch, nothing else so far. Hope they're sent together, although the thought of getting one new one per day is pretty awesome.

Toon Link is ready for dispatch, nothing else so far. Hope they're sent together, although the thought of getting one new one per day is pretty awesome.

Just got an email from Nintendo that my Toon Links have been dispatched. No word on the others though.

Okay, all 6 have been updated to awaiting dispatch now. Guess they're all coming together.

GAME shipped my Lucario. Don't remember ordering him from GAME.

Haha. It's all one big Amiibo shaped blur at this point. :D

So far...

Bowser

Ike

Lucario

Rosalina

Sheik

Have all been dispatched, am I missing one? Or are all of the rest due in the next wave...

King DeDeDe

Mega Man

Meta Knight

Shulk

Sonic

Are all awaiting stock pick so those must be the next wave whereas...

Toon Link

Is awaiting dispatch so I guess I'll be receiving that one separately... they had better send it well packed.

6 this week yeah. Just had a Toon Link dispatch!! So weird everyone's just that one, except SCG who is the reverse of everyone else :)

My Toon Link is on the way. :)

Looking forward to finally unlocking the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors. :awesome:

Are these classed as two versions of the same character or two separate? Wondered if I can claim two weapons every day!! (3 with zelda)

6 this week yeah. Just had a Toon Link dispatch!! So weird everyone's just that one, except SCG who is the reverse of everyone else :)

My Toon Link has now been dispatched as well. : peace:

Lucario and Toon Link have shipped. Just waiting on Bowser now.

All with Yodel though. Groan.

Only Toon Link is marked as dispatched. Guess they're coming separately or whatever, I have no idea what's happening with this shipment. Confusion!

[edit]

Okay, the other five have also now been sent. Guess they're coming in two packages. How unnecessarily complicated.

Edited by Guy

My Toon Link has now been dispatched as well. : peace:

All mine have been sent too :) Nice! Now they just need to put up the new waves and we're all good.

Is Shulk not part of this weeks new wave then? I've only got Diddy and Link amiibos but I need a Shulk one because he's so adorable in the game. Also can't wait to get Robin and Ness ones when they finally come out.

As for the new Mario series amiibo, I think they look really boring in comparison to the poses of the Smash ones. I have a few Mario themed figures that look almost exactly the same as the new Amiibo too so maybe that's why they seem a bit boring. The Smash ones really do look unique to anything else you can buy.

My Bowser is still awaiting dispatch :(

Is Shulk not part of this weeks new wave then? I've only got Diddy and Link amiibos but I need a Shulk one because he's so adorable in the game. Also can't wait to get Robin and Ness ones when they finally come out.

As for the new Mario series amiibo, I think they look really boring in comparison to the poses of the Smash ones. I have a few Mario themed figures that look almost exactly the same as the new Amiibo too so maybe that's why they seem a bit boring. The Smash ones really do look unique to anything else you can buy.

Na. Shulk, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man are February 20th