NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Pre-ordered the Zelda collection.

I'm holding off on the next wave of Mario ones (Waluigi, my boy, you were the hardest to resist) as they're ripe candidates for a price drop in a few months. Thank God my insane lust for these things has long passed.

Edited by Guy
Always, always check your spalling!

Thank God my insane lust for these things has long passed.

I think most people have passed caring, as have retailers. I know my local GAME didn't even get the latest Splatoon ones in and have had trouble getting rid of old stock, especially the AC amiibo.

I have yet to finish the new Splatoon set off and haven't preordered the Zelda or new Mario sets either. I think they just released far to many far too fast and many are simply burnt out on them.

It also doesn't help that the usage for amiibo has been pretty poor this year, but then the support of the Wii U has so this probably goes hand in hand with that. Hopefully the NX will feature some amiibo support right out of the gate.

Ordered zelda lot, the first ones I may keep in the packaging. And Boo and Waluigi.

I still love them, they look incredible in one big group on my sheleves, but the excitement is definitely dropped. Like Hero said, bring them back in style with NX with some really great implementation and I'll still buy them all.... especially if they have an amiibo cabinet on the NX that houses them all digitally....

Thanks for the heads up, ordered Wind Waker Link and 8-bit Link! Not only are they cool figures but in a couple of years time they'll both likely unlock content in 50 different games. Love it.

Ordered zelda lot, the first ones I may keep in the packaging. And Boo and Waluigi.

I still love them, they look incredible in one big group on my sheleves, but the excitement is definitely dropped. Like Hero said, bring them back in style with NX with some really great implementation and I'll still buy them all.... especially if they have an amiibo cabinet on the NX that houses them all digitally....

Indeed. This seems to be the general feeling now.

I think the toys to life craze has had its peak. Disney Infinity is gone, Skylanders isn't as popular as it used to be, and most don't seem bothered about Lego Dimensions or amiibo, outside of their hardcore audience.

Ordered 8-bit Link.

Does each Amiibo unlock different things in BotW?

Ordered 8-bit Link.

Does each Amiibo unlock different things in BotW?

Yep it seems that way :)

That's odd. My Waluigi amiibo just shipped from Nintendo UK. It's not meant to be out until the 4th

3 for 2 at Smyths Toys at the moment. Not sure if in-store (no click and collect on them) but available online.

New Zelda/Mario Family ones are included.

Time to give my WAAAAAAHnting collection a BOOst.

[edit]

I bought six.

Edited by Guy

3 for 2 at Smyths Toys at the moment. Not sure if in-store (no click and collect on them) but available online.

New Zelda/Mario Family ones are included.

Time to fill give my WAAAAAAHnting collection a BOOst.

[edit]

I bought six.

FOR GODS SAKES GUY!!! WHY YOU TELL ME THIS?! :angry:

Edit:

Also bought 6... ;)

Edited by Aneres11

Bloody hell. Ordered the Smyths amiibo at ten to 9 last night and they arrived today. Standard free 3-5 days shipping and they came today!!

Crazy good. Just focusing on the Super Mario ones to begin with as I prefer them to the Smash ones. The addiction is real though.

I took Overwatch back to GAME and got a refund. I snapped up the classic Link and OOT Link with my returned cash. The OOT Link is stunning. :o

I took Overwatch back to GAME and got a refund. I snapped up the classic Link and OOT Link with my returned cash. The OOT Link is stunning. :o
Piiiiiiiiiiic.

Seriously, and so does Toon link, they're really detailed. OoT Link looked really weird in the promo shots when they first announced them.

Surprisingly, the one I was more interested in turned out kinda dissapointing which was the 8-bit Link Amiibo.

I really love the 8 bit Link, but didn't go for the OOT Link as I wasn't so keen on the pose

I purchased them all but haven't had a chance to have a good look at them yet, if anyone's interested I'll try to take some pics of them either for the site/forum/both soon. :)

Looks like I'll be unboxing them anyway seeing as they can be used in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. : peace:

Do we know if OoT Link is going to be restocked? Currently it's going for twice it's RRP.

So, with the amiibo announced during the Direct, we'll be awaiting:

- Alm

- Celica

- Splatoon 2 Boy

- Splatoon 2 Girl

- Splatoon 2 Inkling

- Twilight Link

- Majora Link

- Skyward Link

- Cloud

- Cloud Alt

- Corrin Male

- Corrin Female

- Bayonetta 1

- Bayonetta 2

- Pikmin

Still no sign of:

- Localized Monster Hunter amiibo

- Localized Boxboy amiibo

Anyone else afraid they'll announce more SSB alternate costume amiibo to coincide with the Switch port?