NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 31: Is it true what they are saying?

It depends if you care more about results or building up a team :p if your youths are doing well it's better for the team's future.

Need to start playing a proper team. My mix of youth and experience hasn't been working so far.

The sports pages are slagging you off again this week, just to warn you.

Just spotted Eight's defensive crisis!! @DuD you've got to be nailing him in this double header with only 2 first team defenders about!

There is no crisis when they don't have any use anyway :p I'll be fine.

Good win today missed out on top of table though thanks to a last gasp equalizer for Coloccini :(

Hope to be top on Friday!

There is no crisis when they don't have any use anyway :p I'll be fine.

And so it proved. Urgghhh why must I be playing in the same era as the reign of Eights!

Good win today missed out on top of table though thanks to a last gasp equalizer for Coloccini :(

Hope to be top on Friday!

You probably will be! I don't fancy my chances at his place and then I'm away to the Russians so two very tough fixtures coming up!

@dazzybee

You score one,

we'll score two,

we're gonna one more than you!

Thriller! I'm back from cannes now so can get on top of it! Just wish it worked on my ipad :(

Thriller! I'm back from cannes now so can get on top of it! Just wish it worked on my ipad :(

Switch to the old version of the tactics page in your options and it should work fine.

I had a wacky idea today, please shoot it down if you think it will be a load of bollocks, but here goes...

Instead of having the usual off-season cup, who here would as a one-off fancy doing an Xpert World Cup?

Here's how I envisage it would work. I (or someone else) would create a new Private League with 32 new teams. It would be a Champions League format, 8 groups of 4. Each team would be named after a qualifying nation - and maybe even all of players would be renamed to each team's respective squad.

Once this is set up, we would hold a Jimbob-style live draw - allocating all participating managers to countries.

All of the teams would of course be brand new with randomly generated players so everyone starts at roughly the same level.

World Cups only last a maximum of 7 matches, so if we played 3 matches a week then it would all be over in 2 and a bit weeks.

Of course we would need 32 players to fill all the teams which seems a bit hopeful. Failing that we could reduce it to 16 teams.

Since I'm not a VIP and I've never been a League Administrator, I am not sure how feasible this all is or even whether this is at all possible to do in Xpert, so I would appreciate any comments from the likes of Peeps and Haden.

Obviously if this idea doesn't prove to be popular then we could just do a regular old cup like we usually do.

Thoughts?

You can't play three matches a week unless everyone is VIP. I also believe that's only possible with two league matches + one cup match combo.

I think that everyone would need to be VIP as well as you can only have 1 private league team unless you're VIP? The idea does sound pretty cool though.

"To join a second private league where someone else is the league boss you must have been a member for at least 2 months and have an Xpert rating of at least 95.

To join a third private league where someone else is the league boss you must have been a member for at least 6 months and have an Xpert rating of at least 115."

The Xpert rating

The Xpert rating is a measure of how active and serious you are as a manager. If you place the mouse pointer over the Xpert rating (the horizontal bar) you will see your exact rating.

The Xpert rating is based on:

1) You start with 25 points.

2) Number of days on which you have logged on during the last 3 months (maximum 75 points)

3) Number of days on which you have issued press statements of more than 150 characters in the Xpert leagues during the last 2 months. Each day is worth 1,5 points. (maximum 30 points)

4) Members recruited to the site during the past 3 months. (Max 30 points) Read more about recruitments here.

5) The number of penalty points you have been given.

Penalty points are given in the following situations:

1) A press statement that is deleted in the Xpert leagues by the league admin or a moderator. Gives -5.

2) If you leave a (non-Xpert) league or are sacked, you may get some penalty points. Whether you get penalty points and how many depend on a) whether you quit or are sacked, b) whether you play for a full season or leave before a season has started, and c) how many times you've left other leagues recently. If you are sacked instead of quitting, if you play out full seasons, and if you don't often leave leagues, your penalties will be less. (One exception is if you have a red triangle warning due to VIP running out; in this case you can leave a league without penalty. See the section on team quota for more on this).

3) A comment in the Xpert Daily that has to be deleted by an official. Gives -4.

4) An attempt to access a page which the user is not entitled to access. Gives -40. (So don't try to access restricted pages, be careful about clicking links provided by others that go to mailboxes or admin pages, and don't try to access pages by typing things into the address bar - instead follow appropriate links).

5) When a user is issued with a forum ban penalty points are automatically issued. Gives -5 to -50.

6) In addition we in the X11 team can give penalty points if a user misbehaves or breaks any rules. Between -5 and -50 points.

You keep penalty points for 3 months.

You don't need VIP to have additional teams but VIPs always have access to the full quota of teams regardless of xpert rating.

You can have a maximum of two matches per week but if you have a cup running alongside the season it increases to three (but that's obviously cup games). Everyone in the league must be VIP to run a cup.

Creating a new league is easy enough but all of the teams would be really poor. Like 5-6 skill bars. It would just be a lucky dip on who got the better randomly allocated team. 16 teams is most feasible as we don't even have 32 teams in the league so if 16 teams sign up I can create a new league for it? My own team quota is full so I could only take part if I'm the one creating the league, otherwise I'd have to pay to have an extra private league team (which I do not want to do).

Going by 16 teams, there would only be 8 games total which is four weeks of matches so it wouldn't last long at all as you say. As it would be a separate league there would be no need to postpone the N-E league's new season anyway.

Middle League Reports: Week 4

Mirror Images

Premiership_trophy.jpg

Coloccini and Hadens Legends were almost mirror images of each other this week as they both earned close away 1-0 victories and beat Russian Revolution 3-1. The 1-0 victories saw Coloccini get past a defensive The Familia with a game that saw just 3 chances, Vanquerer headed in a looping Mallo cross that was the crucial effort just before half time, after this Coloccini playing 3-5-2 were able to dominate midfield and close out the game. Hadens Legends faced a very tough test against Aqui1a away from home, star midfielder Burlett was injured early on and substituted for Cahill who found himself on the end of a beautiful through ball by Zabel on the 31st minute, he slotted the ball past Sullivan to give the Legends the only goal of the match and a crucial 3 points. Both teams also faced Russian Revolution who have been having quite a good season, Coloccini faced them with a 3-5-2 formation and dominated chances 7-1 with Costa being unplayable in the first half setting up two headed goals. Revolution struck back but another header this time by Mallo killed the game off for the home side. The Legends faced them away from home and they also went two up with Cahill heading one in and then setting Mallett up. Revolution got a goal back and after a frantic 2nd half full of chances it was Burlett set up by Cahill who finished the game off with a curling long range shot. With nothing to separate these two sides the Legends vs Coloccini return match is looking to have huge importance.

Good week for Kippen:

2.jpg

Kippen ended up having a good week despite having to deal with the absence of one of their starting defenders through a lengthy suspension. They faced Aqui1a away in a game many would have seen as one that they would be lucky to get a point from, however lining up in a 4-5-1 formation they were able to stifle a 4-4-2 set up from Aqui1a. Danger was shown early when Galvao had the ball in the net but it was disallowed for a push off play. The game was not full of chances but Kippen had the better half and right when it looked like going to a 0-0 Lazzarini belted in a shot from a corner that found him. This was a great win for Kippen and things just got better when they played Fedex at home creating 10 chances and scoring 3 in the first half. Lazzarini was at the heart of everything Kippen did well with a drilled shot in the 28th minute that went in and then setting up McMoist for a breakaway goal to finish the game before half time. These were two good wins that give Kippen some much needed momentum for the rest of the campaign.

Aqui1a derailing?

richard-foster-misses-against-valencia-image-2-51633517.jpg

As shown before Aqui1a have had a bad week, losing 1-0 to Kippen and Hadens Legends at home is damaging to the teams morale as these are just the sort of games they would be hoping to win. What is more these are their first losses of the campaign so it will hurt to lose their unbeaten streak. What was clear this week was that the prophecy from last week about needing a stronger strike force was true. Upson and Isler started both matches and the team had seven chances but were unable to convert any of them. This is a worrying statistic for Aqui1a as no matter how strong their defense is as they found out this week if they let in one goal they need to score another to come away with anything.

Leeds 2-0 The Familia

115610.jpg

This was an interesting game as it was between two teams who are desperately short of form and badly needing a win. It was quite an even affair until Brent Chase slid into Aldridge and to the fury of the home team took his legs out, Aldridge had to be taken off by a medical team while Chase was given a straight red. After this Leeds piled on the pressure and in the end it showed as Townshend and Pipsek scored in the last 10 minutes, as the 3 man attack of Leeds was finally too much for The Familia to hold back. This was a good win for Leeds who needed some confidence to come back to their side at home while The Familia things are looking rather bleak this season.

Team of the Week: Kippen FC

Coloccini FC, Coloccini FC, Hadens Legends, Kippen FC

CELTIC_BARCELONA_CHAMPIONS_LEAGUE0006.jpg

This week Kippen FC are the team of the week, they had to cope with the loss of a starting defender and still managed to beat Aqui1a away from home 1-0 and easily dispose of Fedex 3-0 to give themselves some much needed momentum.

Top Scorers: No change this week as Isler and Platt stay on top with the same number of goals.

Atletico Aqui1a: Isler 5

Fedex United: Platt 4

Top Assists: Grant Conden moves to the top of the table as Enarnacao and Jarvie move to 2nd.

Hadens Legends: Conden 4

Russian Revolution: Alderton 3

Russian Revolution: Encarnacao 3

Leeds M.O.T: Jarvie 3

Top X11s: The field thins slightly as Daish gets his 6th Xpert 11 cap with the Russian duo Sunnerborn and Alderton just behind with 5 each.

Aqui1a: Daish: 6

Russian Revolution: Sunnerborn 5

Russian Revolution: Alderton 5

Sorry for the delay had a busy week :)

Edited by Haden

I think that everyone would need to be VIP as well as you can only have 1 private league team unless you're VIP? The idea does sound pretty cool though.

Surely we could get round that by creating new Xpert accounts? We wouldn't need to use our existing ones. I could create all accounts/teams in advance and then hand them over once the draw has been sorted.

I don't need VIP to create a Private League, do I?

"To join a second private league where someone else is the league boss you must have been a member for at least 2 months and have an Xpert rating of at least 95.

To join a third private league where someone else is the league boss you must have been a member for at least 6 months and have an Xpert rating of at least 115."

The Xpert rating

The Xpert rating is a measure of how active and serious you are as a manager. If you place the mouse pointer over the Xpert rating (the horizontal bar) you will see your exact rating.

The Xpert rating is based on:

1) You start with 25 points.

2) Number of days on which you have logged on during the last 3 months (maximum 75 points)

3) Number of days on which you have issued press statements of more than 150 characters in the Xpert leagues during the last 2 months. Each day is worth 1,5 points. (maximum 30 points)

4) Members recruited to the site during the past 3 months. (Max 30 points) Read more about recruitments here.

5) The number of penalty points you have been given.

Penalty points are given in the following situations:

1) A press statement that is deleted in the Xpert leagues by the league admin or a moderator. Gives -5.

2) If you leave a (non-Xpert) league or are sacked, you may get some penalty points. Whether you get penalty points and how many depend on a) whether you quit or are sacked, b) whether you play for a full season or leave before a season has started, and c) how many times you've left other leagues recently. If you are sacked instead of quitting, if you play out full seasons, and if you don't often leave leagues, your penalties will be less. (One exception is if you have a red triangle warning due to VIP running out; in this case you can leave a league without penalty. See the section on team quota for more on this).

3) A comment in the Xpert Daily that has to be deleted by an official. Gives -4.

4) An attempt to access a page which the user is not entitled to access. Gives -40. (So don't try to access restricted pages, be careful about clicking links provided by others that go to mailboxes or admin pages, and don't try to access pages by typing things into the address bar - instead follow appropriate links).

5) When a user is issued with a forum ban penalty points are automatically issued. Gives -5 to -50.

6) In addition we in the X11 team can give penalty points if a user misbehaves or breaks any rules. Between -5 and -50 points.

You keep penalty points for 3 months.

You don't need VIP to have additional teams but VIPs always have access to the full quota of teams regardless of xpert rating.

You can have a maximum of two matches per week but if you have a cup running alongside the season it increases to three (but that's obviously cup games). Everyone in the league must be VIP to run a cup.

Creating a new league is easy enough but all of the teams would be really poor. Like 5-6 skill bars. It would just be a lucky dip on who got the better randomly allocated team. 16 teams is most feasible as we don't even have 32 teams in the league so if 16 teams sign up I can create a new league for it? My own team quota is full so I could only take part if I'm the one creating the league, otherwise I'd have to pay to have an extra private league team (which I do not want to do).

Going by 16 teams, there would only be 8 games total which is four weeks of matches so it wouldn't last long at all as you say. As it would be a separate league there would be no need to postpone the N-E league's new season anyway.

That's how I intend it to be. The Champions League was great, but there was a massive skill gap between the top teams and the bottom teams. Everyone playing as a brand new team would mean everyone would have a similar chance of winning. All the teams would be shit, but everyone would be equally shit.

I would love to have 32 teams just so it has that 'world cup feel' about it - even if some of the teams would be manager-less.

Xpert gets quite funny if you try to make a new account from the same IP

I'd be up for creating a random new team for a mini tournament.

So far as I'm aware most people on here would be able to make a new team - so long as they've been playing for 4 months.

For those who haven't - I don't think IPs would be a problem - Me and Roger used to have another privte league that we ran on the same IPs for a couple years alongside our xpert teams on another account with different email addresses.

If we did do a month tourny and wanted 32 I reckon we could - we could probably bump up the numbers with some old faces (dragoo, odwin etc) who might be up for a nostalgic month. Plus - what better advertisement for new players than a month long comp that they'd have a shot at winning - then once the claws are in...

To summarise - I think it's a fantastic idea! Even if it's blatently been cooked up because Zell knows Yellow Sub haven't a hope of winning anything this year ;)

Top of the League but it is still all to play for huge game against Aqui1a next!

What is going on at the top you guys are letting Tales run away with it again :P

Btw I am very much up for the world cup idea would be a great advert for the game as others mentioned! Deffo worthy of a thread in Gen Chit Chat!

Still a way to go, but things are looking from up here.

Good win for me today. Early penalty sealed it and then shut up shop.

Moved back into the promotion place. Such a tight league. 2 matches ago almost all teams were on the same points.

In an attempt to fit in with the lads, Suso Pachon tells a joke before training. Unfortunately the joke is actually quite offensive and gets an icy reception from his teammates. Suso Pachon feels embarrassed and doesn't feel part of the team, and his form drops a bit.

Luis-Suarez-005.jpg

Wrote this last week so, these are all totally irrelevant now but, you're having em nonetheless...

Four horses begin to pull away from the pack as title contenders take shape

Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg

A season that promised an open title race has, for this opening half of the year, delivered. Unexpected results have rocked the big teams, and we find ourselves looking at a tight top four as we enter mid-season double header week. The pick of these doubles - outsiders Winston against cup winners Inter - will be hugely influential on the final standings. It is the kind of fixture list that Eights will savour. Two losses for either team, meanwhile, would surely leave their title hopes hanging by a thread. DuDs find themselves 7 points adrift - but they could kickstart a title challenge if they capitalise on a weekend Eights jugganaught.

Tense derby as Kirkby fluffs his lines

waaw.jpg

For a long while on Friday it looked as if Zell might pull off the kind of decisive, tactially reasoned victory that defined his league title campaigns in past seasons. The manager’s tactics were cagey against an aggressive inter side, scoring the opener from a well drilled free kick. Zell’s defence looked to prove impenetrable, yet their back line ended up being their undoing, as Kirkby, clearance mistimed, smashed the ball into his own goal from inside the box, provoking the ire of Zell. Both teams will have gone into this game happy to take a point, and the top of the table remains in sight.

Lylat bid for top flight status

StarFox64Team.jpg

Neither Peeps nor Ell have ever been managers to shrink down to the middle league, so there was a lot riding on this relegation clash. After a disapointingly abject and non-commited home display against Eights on Monday, Peeps bounced back impressively to improve their bid to retain top flight status, converting two of three chances in another tense affir. Elites, meanwhile, fielded a couple of youngsters to little avail - both were subbed off and the supporters went home once again wondering where the club was headed.

Winston scales to new heights in fishy encounter

Cat%20with%20fish.jpg

The stage was set for a fierce encounter on friday in a match that delivered the goods - a loss at home here would surely as good as count Silverdale out of the title race, whilst Winston needed three points with Eights on their tale. Tensions flared in a match that racked up 7 bookings - foul play ultimately being a decisive factor as captain Elroy Goodison hammered two free kicks home, before Joyce scored the winner from the spot. Silverdale fought admirably, coming back into the game twice, and hanging on courtesy of a strong game by Housham in goal. The away end went beserk as Winston clung on to the top of the table for another - possibly final - week after the spot kick in the 87th minute.

Eights cut loose as they enjoy easy week

article-2182052-1452FA6B000005DC-635_634x361.jpg

Federer admirably set out to nick a point, but someone must have forgotten to lock the handbrake when they parked the bus - Federer’s keeper didn’t keep a Håndl on the situation as he conceeded four from six shots. The fans looked worried after Clevan went off the pitch but Federer’s front men offered nothing to challenge them. Earleir in the week Peeps, perhaps admitting defeat before the kickoff, set out with a young squad that ended in a real rout. Eights look every part the unstoppable beasts of past season right now - but face a stern test from DuD with a seriously patchwork back line, as the ever impressive Clevan will watch from the sides...[/img]

So far as I'm aware most people on here would be able to make a new team - so long as they've been playing for 4 months.

For those who haven't - I don't think IPs would be a problem - Me and Roger used to have another privte league that we ran on the same IPs for a couple years alongside our xpert teams on another account with different email addresses.

If we did do a month tourny and wanted 32 I reckon we could - we could probably bump up the numbers with some old faces (dragoo, odwin etc) who might be up for a nostalgic month. Plus - what better advertisement for new players than a month long comp that they'd have a shot at winning - then once the claws are in...

To summarise - I think it's a fantastic idea! Even if it's blatently been cooked up because Zell knows Yellow Sub haven't a hope of winning anything this year ;)

It's looking a bit bleak for Yellow Sub... need the likes of you to beat Eights so I can catch up!

I haven't had a match in over a week, I'm getting Xpert withdrawal symptoms.