NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 31: Is it true what they are saying?

Sorry for getting behind with things again. It's been killer at work lately!

It's looking a bit bleak for Yellow Sub... need the likes of you to beat Eights so I can catch up!

I haven't had a match in over a week, I'm getting Xpert withdrawal symptoms.

I think you're going to clean up in this half of the season. You're a game behind everyone at the moment which makes you look further behind than you are. You've also lost less games than Eights :p I think it'll be close between you, Eights and Winston (maybe Inter will get in there too)

Looking real close in the Middle League now...

Brutal game against Aqui1a got so many yellow cards and injuries had midfielders playing in defence and youths coming on as replacement subs, now have two players missing in the next game which is must win :S

Looking real boring in the Middle League you mean; only six goals!

Rubbish.

Looking real boring in the Middle League you mean; only six goals!

Rubbish.

You have a point the Middle League has scored 102 goals altogether.

You and Madpool have scored 103.

Oh yeeeeeah?! Why don't you come down here and say that!

I think you're going to clean up in this half of the season. You're a game behind everyone at the moment which makes you look further behind than you are. You've also lost less games than Eights :p I think it'll be close between you, Eights and Winston (maybe Inter will get in there too)

.....Or not

PS Peepsy - give Elites a game for us on friday, for the good of the league.

-

Federer wanted me to apologise on his behalf for the lack of match reports. He says he keeps writing more but never finishes them in time.

Presumably he also wants to apologise for his abject display when he had a chance to peg Eights back a bit for us.

@Nikos9 how did you let Elites beat you at home earlier in the season?? You'd be right in the mix were it not for the random lost points.

He says, four days before playing Elites.

Two huge games ahead for us at home to Submarines and Inter. I think once we enter the relegation zone it will be very hard to get out with the games now running out.

.....Or not

PS Peepsy - give Elites a game for us on friday, for the good of the league.

Assuming you mean Eights :p I'll do my best as always but I'm not expecting to win it!

No idea what's gone wrong all of a sudden. Having a talk with the owners on Thursday.

Hope they keep you on mate - wouldn't want to have Winston playing a team under the boost of a fresh new manager making his debut.

@Nikos9 how did you let Elites beat you at home earlier in the season?? You'd be right in the mix were it not for the random lost points.

He says, four days before playing Elites.

It was away for me but yeah, it distubs me that I'm the only team they've beaten this season, plus I fielded my strongest side! I think I'm more shocked by the fact Elites haven't picked up more points cos they've got a pretty strong team...he is bringing youth through though who have no heart yet so I guess that's partially why.

So is the world cup idea going ahead might be an idea to advertise it early so we get in on the world cup build up fever?

I feel like the Moyes of my league...always loosing badly

Don't worry first seasons are a nightmare but you will be surprised by how much easier the 2nd one is.

ATM your team has some deadweight like ballistic and is also overloaded with youth especially in defence, next season get rid of youths who dont improve and try and rebalance your squad a bit, but well done for persevering what do your devs look like?

Middle League Reports: Week 5

Stalemate between superpowers

358735header.jpg

It was double season last week and the big double had to be Coloccini FC who started the week league leaders against Athetico Aqui1a who wanted to make a big statement and move up to third. In the first game Aqui1a went with a 4-5-1 formation against Coloccini with 4-4-2, it was a really tight game with only 5 chances and 1 in the first half. Coloccini earned more possession but Aqui1a scored first when Placente passed the ball in to Isler who found his spot calmly to add to his ever growing number of goals. It looked like Coloccini were heading for a dangerous loss but Vanqueur was set loose with a beautiful through ball from Stockley and made no mistakes hitting it in first time. The game ended 1-1 and the fans were soon talking about the 2nd game. This time both sides played with a 4-5-1 formation and as the game began Stockley the Coloccini captain was badly injured and taken off. Aqui1a crafted a couple of chances but failed to make them count and the game died out with both teams unable to make any headway. In the end it seemed like both were happy with a draw that will keep them in the hunt for the title and 3rd place respectively.

New League Leader

Liverpool-v-Manchester-City-Premier-League.jpg

This did mean however that Coloccini slipped from first place and was replaced by Hadens Legends after they beat Fedex United 3-0 home and away. The first game saw Legends line up with a 3-5-2 formation with Ciobotaru and Pachon scoring to add to a own goal from Platt. The 2nd game saw some beautiful link up play between Conden and Ciobotaru, Conden set two long range shots up for Ciobotaru to rifle home, while he also scored a header to make sure he got a hat trick. A blistering performance from the Legends which left Fedex looking ominously down at the relegation zone. After these results it is clear it is now a straight fight for the title between Legends and Coloccini, the Legends a point ahead with better goal difference and a home game against Coloccini may be considered the favourites but anything can happen.

Rovers and Kippen trade wins

chelsea_west_ham.jpg?itok=XQM6RMbF

Rossers Rovers and Kippen FC traded close 1-0 wins in the double to ensure both stay in the fight to get 3rd place but also avoid relegation. In the first game it was action paced as Rovers really went for the win with a 3-5-2 formation, Kippen earned 3 yellow cards and two players were injured as Rovers attacked in the first half. Lazzarini thought he scored for the away side but he was just offside, it looked like it was going to be a draw Strom bagged a vital goal near the end smashing the ball in off the post to give the home crowd something to cheer about. The reverse fixture was quite cagey with both teams playing 4-5-1, an early penalty was given after Bulatov nudged into MacEllar as he ran in the box, MacEllar took the penalty and cooly hit it down the middle for the goal. After this Kippen shut up shop and were satisfied with a one goal lead as Rovers failed to prove much of a threat. In the end both sets of fans will be pleased with this as it keeps their hopes alive.

Revolution edges it

Roman_Pavlyuchenko_Goal_Celebration_Euro_2012_Russia_Hd_Desktop_Wallpaper_citiesandteams.blogspot.com.jpg

Russian Revolution got back to winning ways in their double against Leeds, in the first game they dominated possesion and chances making 9-1, however it wasn't until the 56th minute when the captain Guselnikov headed in the first goal of the match. Revolution were in clear control and the game was sealed by two subistutes combining as Bastos crossed it in for Lyubimov to head in to make it 2-0 and give Revolution a deserved win. In the reverse fixture it was a rather odd tie as Leeds set up with a 3-4-3 against 5-4-1 from Revolution, Revolution had all the chances but their isolated attacked failed to trouble the Leeds defence while the Leeds strikers were very frustrated at their lack of service. Both managers seemed bemused by this freak of a game although Revolution will be happier to get an away point.

Team of the Week

Coloccini FC, Coloccini FC, Hadens Legends, Kippen FC, Hadens Legends

juventus+goal.jpg

The Legends dethroned Coloccini for the first time this season and gave their goal difference a massive boost with two 3-0 victories that see them in pole position in the Middle League.

Top Scorers: After a hat-trick Ciobotaru storms into the lead with 7 while Isler adds one to stay in contention, MacEllar becomes the first Kippen player to enter the top 3.

Hadens Legends: Ciobotaru 7

Atletico Aqui1a: Isler 6

Fedex United: Platt 4

Kippen FC: MacEllar 4

Top Assists: Grant Conden stretches his lead further moving up to 6 assists while his team-mate Cahill joins the table in equal 2nd.

Hadens Legends: Conden 6

Russian Revolution: Alderton 3

Russian Revolution: Encarnacao 3

Leeds M.O.T: Jarvie

Hadens Legends: Cahill 3

Top X11s: Daish has a clear lead with 8 appearances while Conden joins the following pack with 6.

Aqui1a: Daish: 8

Russian Revolution: Sunnerborn 6

Russian Revolution: Alderton 6

Kippen FC: Mac Swain 6

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

Big win today my goal difference is really starting to pick up now which is very good news, still I have a lot of tough games to go with the rematch against Collocini being pretty high on that list!!

Huge game for Winston on Tuesday, good luck my friend.

sherwood2.jpg

Edited by Haden

I didn't realise what a two horse race the middle league had become. Obviously due to TV rights money distribution.

They should use the model the lower league use: poundspergoal

Well balls. After the last couple of results, I can well and truly declare myself out of the title race. :(

On the bright side, I can now focus completely on development for the rest of the season.

Going to officially declare my support for Winston Garden Lions. They have done incredibly well so far.. if they can manage a victory over Eights on Tuesday then the title race will be well and truly on!

Forgot my tactics for Friday as I was abroad, managed to draw against Atletico which was pretty good.

Got as 20 5 training cone midfielder as a youth. Not too shabby.

Middle League Report: Week 6

Nerves kicking in?

cristiano_ronaldo_real_madrid_calm_down_wallpaper_free.jpg

At the top it was a nervous week as Hadens Legends and Coloccini FC drew a game a piece over the week and won their remaining fixture. For the Legends they were held to a 0-0 draw in a bruising game against Aqui1a that saw midfielder Walters badly injured and four players given yellow cards. Despite these dramatic circumstances Legends 4-5-1 formation saw them fail to make a breakthrough and the game ended in a dull 0-0 draw. For Coloccini they had a much more fiery game against Revolution as the game went back and forth with several chances for both sides, Revolution scored first as Nihai came off the bench to dribble past several defenders and give the home side the lead. A loss would have been very damaging for Coloccini but Haslop saved them from defeat with a captains header with a captains header 5 minutes from time that saw the away end leaping. Coloccini grabbed 3 points in another nervy game from another header when Madeley headed in against The Familia for the only goal of a tight game. Legends easily got a victory against Revolution with Conden, Pachon and Mallett scoring to make it 4-0 to the league leaders. Legends are 1 point ahead with a goal difference advantage of 8 the fixture that pits them against each other a week on Tuesday looks to be the one to look out for but as this week has shown there will be plenty of twists along the way.

Rovers 4-2 Fedex United

Arsenal-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg

Rossers Rovers enjoyed a dramatic win that saw them leap up to the brink of the last promotion spot in the league. Playing 4-5-1 they beat a Fedex side that put out a 4-4-2 formation. Rovers dominated possession and chances with 14-3 and Fedosov was fantastic at dictating playing setting up both Yushchenko and then Josema for early goals to put Rovers ahead. However Fedex put the pressure back on and a missed challenge gave them a penalty that captain Howarth struck in the corner to make it 2-1 going into half time. After the break the game settled down slightly but Rovers relentless attack saw Granli putting the ball into his own net while trying to head out a corner to give the home side a two goal cushion. This was short lived when Platt who is having a great season for Fedex buried a chance into the top corner to make it 3-2 on the 66th minute. Rovers fans were beginning to rue their teams early wastefulness in front of goal but a bullet header from Yushchenko saw the home side gain a vital three points. This was a really important win for Rovers that sees them move away from relegation and potentially into the unthinkable position of being promoted to the top league.

Kippen and Aqui1a stall

353497512.jpg

Both Kippen and Aqui1a threw away chances to move away from the pack with 2 draws a piece including one against each other. For Aqui1a it started with what they will see as a resilient 0-0 draw against Hadens Legends with Daish giving a commanding performance at the back and showing why he may be a candidate for player of the season. For Kippen though they were disappointing against Fedex and nearly embarrassed. In an odd game Kippen despite looking a better side failed to make many chances crafting only 3 while Fedex made 4 and took one on the 60th minute when Hupkes hit in a close range punt. It looked like Kippen were heading for a loss until deep into injury time McMoist hit a shot for nothing at the away goal that flew in for a vital equaliser. When the two sides met it was a very cagey affair with Aqui1a playing 5-4-1 against 4-5-1 from Kippen, Aqui1a despite their defensive outlook made 7 chances to 0 for Kippen but Isler was isolated up front and unable to convert any of the chances. The Kippen fans were booing their team at the end and furious at such a dull style of play against a promotion rival. May both teams look back at this set of fixtures with regret by the end of the season?

The Familia 2-0 Leeds M.O.T

Cardiff-City-vs-Swansea-Rivals-in-the-Premiership.jpg

It looks like these two teams will be playing Lower League football next season so it is interesting to see them clash this week. Leeds played 4-3-3 while the Familia played 5-3-2 and were able to present a more balanced team going forward and defending. The goals came from two crosses that Pedersen and then Auffret nodded in, this is the first time The Familia have scored more than one goal in a game this season so their fans had to check they weren't seeing things when the 2nd goal went in. When the goal was scored the game was really killed off, Burchell did put the ball in the back of the net for Leeds but he was ruled offside although replays seem to show he was onside by quite a margin. This is a morale boosting win for The Familia who are a side who have fallen in stature this season while Leeds troubles continue.

Team of the Week

Coloccini FC, Coloccini FC, Hadens Legends, Kippen FC, Hadens Legends,Rossers Rovers

359154header.jpg

In a nervy week for many of the big sides Rossers Rovers claim a vital win that see them on the edge of 3rd place and on the edge of legend status.

Top Scorers: Ciobotaru and Isler draw blanks leaving Platt and Mallett to edge closer to their totals with goals of their own.

Hadens Legends: Ciobotaru 7

Atletico Aqui1a: Isler 6

Fedex United: Platt 5

Hadens Legends: Mallett 5

Top Assists: With multiple players on 3 assists the table now sees the Legends duo Burlett and Conden in 1st and 2nd looking down at the rest of the league.

Hadens Legensd: Burlett 4

Top X11s: Daish carries on his dominance at the top with some stellar performances with only MacSwain and Conden near his total.

Aqui1a: Daish: 10

Kippen FC: Mac Swain 8

Hadens Legends: Conden 7

Eights: Thirtheen, Winston: Big fat zero.

Looking pretty good so far. Got another two difficult matches next, should win at least one off them to stay clear until the end. Need a four point lead(or three with the goal difference) as I don't have a match in the last round of the season.

DVs are so-so, some are good, but I wish some could have been a little better with only four matches to go, particulary the strikers. Midfield have the best dvs again.

Edited by Tales

This is going down to the wire I can sense it cannot believe I am facing another strict ref with my best defender one yellow away from suspension before the match against Coloccini.

Btw Charlie don't you dare get all of your defenders suspended at the same time before you play Coloccini :P