NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Hyrule Warriors hits 1+ million sales worldwide

Coming from Koei Tecmo's latest financial report...

- Hyrule Warriors sales exceeded 1 million units worldwide

- Koei Tecmo’s Musou series in Japan have exceeded 22 million units across all “Musou” series

- DLC for Hyrule Warriors is selling at a good pace

- Koei Tecmo will be announcing two new IPs and another big collaboration

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1040392

I say very good on them, I'm very impressed and I think their dedication over the last few months with paid and free (Amiibo) DLC has worked wonders.

I remember before release reading that they're hoping to sell a million copies overall and I nearly spat out my drink thinking it would be impossible. 1 million copies? On a failing console? With a niche franchise? Surely even the Zelda name can't save that. But hey, it turned out to be a quality title with masses of fan service and a great life-span so they deserve all the money they get.

The number is now 1,000,001. I bought it over the weekend. Bought the DLC ages ago(Russian eShop loophole), so now I'll finally be able to shift that HW icon in my notifications.

What was annoying was that almost a year later I had to pay the RRP for the game. I might as well have bought it day 1 so.

What was annoying was that almost a year later I had to pay the RRP for the game. I might as well have bought it day 1 so.

It's amazing how well Ninty games tend to hold their value.

It's amazing how well Ninty games tend to hold their value.

Some of them are difficult to find, that's part of the problem. Third party games, they're the complete opposite. Most of them you can pick up for relatively little.

The RRP is good value for Nintendo games.

This game is deep. It's actually a bit overwhelming. I had to click through countless times just to get to the main menu. No word of a lie it was at least 30 times, probably 50 times. So many unlockables, updates, weapons, items, characters. It took 3/4 hour for the first stage. What have I let myself in for? :shakehead

This game is deep. It's actually a bit overwhelming. I had to click through countless times just to get to the main menu. No word of a lie it was at least 30 times, probably 50 times. So many unlockables, updates, weapons, items, characters. It took 3/4 hour for the first stage. What have I let myself in for? :shakehead

Yeah... Don't just use one character, you'll regret it...

It is at first. It stick with it. So so good. Adventure maps are also hard to get in to but well worth it. Though I'd use a faq for the items as it can be a horrible grind at times.

I missed a Skulltula which is still annoying me, it disappeared before I could finish the objective. I know it sounds silly but couldn't figure out the map. I probably have OCD when it comes to games, it definitely doesn't extend outside of there. But I wouldn't finish the level until all red was obliterated from the map. Oh yeah and I missed killing the wizard, had to retreat to get hearts and he f*cked off. Every 30 seconds there was a pop-up with something new.

When I see you guys writing about the game and the reviews, I will probably get the game, which I thought would not happen.

I missed a Skulltula which is still annoying me, it disappeared before I could finish the objective. I know it sounds silly but couldn't figure out the map. I probably have OCD when it comes to games, it definitely doesn't extend outside of there. But I wouldn't finish the level until all red was obliterated from the map. Oh yeah and I missed killing the wizard, had to retreat to get hearts and he f*cked off. Every 30 seconds there was a pop-up with something new.

If you have ocd about gsmes than prepare to put hundreds of hours into this... OCD nightmare!

First mission, right? You're not supposed to kill him.

Story wouldn't get very far if you killed everyone straight away.

If you try to kill everything on the map, prepare to fail a lot.

It's all about deciding what most requires your attention.

Generally for Legend Mode, do what people tell you.

(And don't even touch Adventure Mode until you see the credits, trust me.

First mission, right? You're not supposed to kill him.

Story wouldn't get very far if you killed everyone straight away.

If you try to kill everything on the map, prepare to fail a lot.

It's all about deciding what most requires your attention.

Generally for Legend Mode, do what people tell you.

(And don't even touch Adventure Mode until you see the credits, trust me.

I thought the Skulltula would be at the centre of the web, didn't realise it was a search within the web and that they're hidden. Their sound helps a tiny bit.

I did try Adventure Mode but realise now I'm way to weak and it's all locked away really. It's a good game, I like it, something I'll pick up now and again to complete. It's very deep with so much to do and customise. I unlocked the Smithy but haven't made anything yet.

In Legend Mode, is the lower path, the one that starts with Cia, is it meant to be harder? The game really throws you in at the deep end. It took a long while to figure things out like defending bases or defending certain characters within the battlefield. I'm still figuring things out. Should I finish the upper path before doing the baddies. I presume that's what that's all about, their side of the story?

I play an hour here or there every second night. Any advice I should know about? I've made a few badges for each character. Should I be using the Smithy?

In Legend Mode, is the lower path, the one that starts with Cia, is it meant to be harder? The game really throws you in at the deep end. It took a long while to figure things out like defending bases or defending certain characters within the battlefield. I'm still figuring things out. Should I finish the upper path before doing the baddies. I presume that's what that's all about, their side of the story?

The lower path is the DLC added story a lá prologue action. It really is something that you should be doing after the main story with the goodies. It takes you through the basics of keep capturing etc.

Shall I get it for 34,99 euros (don't try to convert it to pounds, as it doesn't help me in this case)?

Shall I get it for 34,99 euros (don't try to convert it to pounds, as it doesn't help me in this case)?

If your a Zelda fan then go for it. It has hours worth of content, although it is pretty grindy.

If you have a 3DS you might want to consider waiting for that version, although the Wii U version will probably remain the better version.

If your a Zelda fan then go for it. It has hours worth of content, although it is pretty grindy.

If you have a 3DS you might want to consider waiting for that version, although the Wii U version will probably remain the better version.

I am a huge Zelda fan and I don't have a 3DS :).

I know it's action only game which is the only thing that worries me (doesn't matter how many of them you kill, more will come) is the story "good" (has just to be OK, I don't expect something brilliant, it's not that kind of game) and do you feel the upgrades when you do upgrade?

I am a huge Zelda fan and I don't have a 3DS :).

I know it's action only game which is the only thing that worries me (doesn't matter how many of them you kill, more will come) is the story "good" (has just to be OK, I don't expect something brilliant, it's not that kind of game) and do you feel the upgrades when you do upgrade?

It's a fairly typical Zelda plot, but I enjoyed it. It's nothing groundbreaking.

The upgrades certainly help kill monsters quicker which means you can kill more and a lot of the weapons have nice little throwbacks to the previous Zelda games or some are just fun to mess around with.

Thx @Ike, I will try to get the money somehow in next few games so I can buy the game (I like it that it's a long game).

I just bought it on eShop since it's on sale. Looking forward to playing it tonight!