N-Europe

Bravely Second

Andyliini

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal for me. I ain't putting up with that stupid rating logo plastered all over the front. I really have an unhealthy amount of anger for boxes that have that on it. :D

I do wish they'd start doing reversible covers which have the covers without any unnecessary logos on it.

• 2 weeks later...
With each class having its own costume they wanna add more?

Weird to see how that would work - Whenever you switch classes you've gotta change the costume again?

If it's anything like Bravely Default's secret costumes, they'll override the usual costumes. You equip those on the menu.

Bravely Default had a special Onion Knight costume for Tiz you could buy from Norende once you completely restored it. If you equipped it, Tiz would wear the Onion Knight outfit, no matter what job he was.

Release date for the US.

North American RPG fans have had to wait a surprising amount of time, but there's now a solid release date for Bravely Second: End Layer in the region. It's coming to the territory on 15th April, and a Collector's Edition is coming too.

Due in Europe on 26th February, the wait for North America is thankfully not as bad as it could have been. At a press event where the announcement was made the following Collector's Edition was shown; the only real difference from Europe is that it's lacking an Agnès Mini Figurine; it'll retail at $69.99 in the US.

630x.jpg

Bravely Second: End Layer game

A Deluxe Artbook (250+ pages)

The Original Soundtrack CD

As per the European release a demo will arrive prior to the full release that'll serve as a short prequel to the main game.

With all of this RPG coverage ( apparently Nintendo held a press event for stuff like DQVII, Fire Emblem and Bravely Second ) I guess a Nintendo Direct is farther off than I would have hoped.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an early demo code for this through the Nintendo Life giveaway....

Not very impressed as a start for an RPG.

Some guys wander into a town.

They need a guide.

You wander around town and find the usual RPG shops and stuff.

A mixup causes the wrong guide to be selected.

You can take on some quests, that all seem simple.

Combat consists of selecting attack over and over.

The most interesting thing that happened was that an enemy jumped out of the water and one-shotted me.

I think I need either an interesting mechanic or something to happen in the plat to get me into a game like this.

Combat consists of selecting attack over and over.

You're doing it wrong.

You've not played Bravely Default, have you? Braving and defaulting is the entire point of the battle system! Knowing when to default and when to Brave is key to survival.

Defaulting puts you in a defensive stance and lets you bank a turn. Braving lets you use those stored turns to unleash multiple attacks in a row.

Bosses tend to follow a pattern in how they attack, so figuring out these patterns can tell you when they're going to hit you hard (In which case you should Default and save your turns) and then unleash hell or recover massive amounts of health afterwards. (Use Brave)

The battle system is the best bit of Bravely Default! I imagine this one will be very similar.

Oh, and did you try messing around with the job system, it's very similar to Final Fantasy 3 NES. Maybe you had a bad party setup?

Edited by Glen-i

No I have not.

Other than that one time I was one shotted though I have never had any problems surviving.

I am guessing that you might not need being Brave and Default until later in the real game, otherwise they would have had an introduction to it.

No I have not.

Other than that one time I was one shotted though I have never had any problems surviving.

I am guessing that you might not need being Brave and Default until later in the real game, otherwise they would have had an introduction to it.

It didn't tell you about Brave and Default?

Huh... The first game's demo had a tutorial on that.

Well, that demo is not doing it's job well. Brave and Default makes all the difference.

Here's an explanation of the basics.

Default Command

Besides your traditional attack, abilities, items and such, two new commands are presented to you early on: Brave and Default. The game shows how this system works. Default simply allows that particular party member an additional turn, puts that character in a defensive state to reduce damage inflicted upon and rewards 1 BP (Brave Points) each time. Think of it as taking a break, banking multiple turns for a character and fueling-up attacks. As of now, you can store to up to three BP in battle.

Brave Command

With all the turns you stored using Default, you can then use them by selecting Brave. This enables you to execute multiple actions in one shot – and setup chains of attacks. It's critical in this game, and you won't succeed without it. Brave will cost you 1 BP for each use. Additionally, setting up a chain attack using these two commands is a difference maker in winning battles with multiple foes (and bosses). For instance, selecting Brave once gives you an additional turn. You can select Brave multiple times each turn depending on how much BP you store. By having three BP stored with a character, you'll be able to attack an enemy four times in one shot.

What are Brave Points (BP)?

Brave Points (BP) are basically your fuel for commanding a character. If you've stored two points, that character is allowed three turns (without going negative). You're automatically rewarded one for each turn. However, if your BP goes negative, that character won't be able to do much of anything, and you'll have to wait until the BP reaches zero again.

It does seem odd not to explain that.

I am beginning to wonder if it did have some explanation that I skipped. It may have.

How long did it take you for the first game to click?

The demo's introduction got me intrigued in the system enough to try it.

It was around the second chapter when I got a bit stuck on an optional boss.

It was on my third or fourth attempt when I realised that this boss would now and again start defaulting until it saved up 3 turns and then unleash a harsh attack.

Once I realised this, I was able to put it to use, by defaulting when neccessary.

After that, I tackled bosses by playing it safe, figuring out their pattern and then using it against them.

There's more to it as you progress of course, but that's what sold me on the game's mechanics.

Mess around with the system, try and get some strategies down.

So reviews seem largely positive - in the 8-9 (*) range and this is coming out next week.

Positives seem to be excellent combat, the fact that the latter part of the last game that involved much grinding has been removed and some interesting new job types.

(* Gameradar gave it 7/10, but the biggest criticism seemed to be some fourth wall jokes that did not fly.)

Is anyone getting it? I think I will based on the reviews, if I manage to complete the demo this weekend. :p

So reviews seem largely positive - in the 8-9 (*) range and this is coming out next week.

Positives seem to be excellent combat, the fact that the latter part of the last game that involved much grinding has been removed and some interesting new job types.

(* Gameradar gave it 7/10, but the biggest criticism seemed to be some fourth wall jokes that did not fly.)

Is anyone getting it? I think I will based on the reviews, if I manage to complete the demo this weekend. :p

Yeah, i'll probably be picking it up. The fact that it doesn't pull the same rubbish that the first game pulled is a MASSIVE plus.

I finished the demo a week ago. It takes the title of best 3DS demo from, well, Bravely Default.

Anyone who played Bravely Default could have told you that this game has an excellent Battle system.

I plan on getting it, just not straight away, I only have the spare money for one game in the next couple of weeks and as much as I want Bravely Second, Super PMD takes way higher precedence!