NEurope
Zechs Merquise

OPERATION DEAD ANGELS: Bringing Bayonetta 1 to the Wii U

xVbZjt4.png

From the man himself, Hideki Kamiya, the director of Bayonetta:

k12oYzo.png

09fU4DL.png

https://www.facebook.com/operationdeadangels

There is now a concerted effort taking place on Twitter, Facebook and of course Miiverse to get the original Bayonetta released on the Wii U.

There's quite a bit of a buzz about this and a long thread over on NeogGaf listing all the Miiverse posts and the Tweets flying about.

I would love to see the original out on the Wii U before the sequel is released. Even if it's just a port on the e-Shop.

zlCfzRM0CfMIPfV5yt

Depending on cost I think it would be a smart move to do this anyway. It will allow people who haven't played the original game to see what all the fuss is about before the second one arrives.

If they do decide to go ahead with a release an e-Shop release seems the most likely option.

I never did finish the original game. I couldn't get into it and I hated Bayonetta as a character. I just wanted someone to come along and put the cocky bitch in her place. She ain't got nothing on Dante.

I'd buy Bayonetta on Wii U if they released it. It would be cool to have both titles available for people to play, especially if the first game was available at a reduced cost and with some extra incentive content.

I'd prefer a physical release to an eShop one though.

Wouldn't this delay Bayonetta 2?

Not if it were handled by someone else like Hexadrive, or a few staff members from one of Platinum's other teams...

Either way it would be very easy, quick and cheap to make since they already have the engine for Bayonetta 2 up and running on Wii U. They would just need to take the assets from Bayonetta 1 and get them running using the Bayo 2 engine.

It's exactly the kind of cheap and quick project that Nintendo should be funding right now. The costs would be so low that they could justify it (even if it were to sell miniscule numbers), it keeps a stream of Wii U content coming (keeping Wii U owners happy for the time being) and it would help the sales of Bayo 2.

Edited by Dcubed

They should do it well in advance of baynoetta 2 though. Maybe even offer a small discount on baynoetta 2 if they buy it (and vice versa). If it comes out too close to B2 then it may fatigue gamers. Bring it out ASAP ready for it's autumn release!

Physical or digital, I would buy it again on Wii U so long as it comes out a good half a year before Bayonetta 2 and so long as it's no more than £14.99... if it's priced at anything above that then it's just not worth it.

I had the chance to buy Bayonetta on the PS3 for about £1 NEW in Xtravision in the summer, when they were closing down, but wasn't really wanting any more games at that point as I felt I didn't need it :hmm:

The I don't paritcularly like the design of the lead character and from not really being able to get into things like God of War on PS2 or even appreciate the demo of Wonderful 101, I'm just not sure Bayonetta is for me.. but I'd be more than happy for it to come to Wii U for everyone else :heh:

I think it would be better for them to put downloads codes in with Bayonetta 2 tbh... something to help sales of the game, which could be very worrying atm, given the install base.

I really hope Mario Kart beats it to market at least.

Well if a Wii U port of Bayonetta is going to happen let's hope it happens soon, don't really fancy the idea of playing through the first game close to the sequel. :hmm:

but I'd be more than happy for it to come to Wii U for everyone else :heh:
That's very nice of you. :hehe:

As long as they don't rush it.

*shouts at Nintendo* :heh:

"I know the current situation with Wii U is bad, but please do not rush MK8!!" :shakehead

At the moment, I don't have much interest in Bayonetta 2, but if the first was on the eShop for a decent price, I'd give it a go and see if I want the sequel, so I'm all for this.

At the moment, I don't have much interest in Bayonetta 2, but if the first was on the eShop for a decent price, I'd give it a go and see if I want the sequel, so I'm all for this.

You should be interested in Bayo 2. The first game still stands as the greatest character action game ever made (and was the best game ever released for the PS360 by a mile).

You seriously don't know what you're missing...:nono:

The best game ever released for the PS360??...

I'm still relatively new to the PS3 and working my way through the games, but that can't be right?

Bayonetta doesn't really appeal to me all that much.

I'm still relatively new to the PS3 and working my way through the games, but that can't be right?

That's because it's not. :D

It's completely mindless but fun. It's worth looking into. You also don't need to play the first to understand the plot of the second, as the plot isn't understandable anyway. It's just an excuse for the mindless fun.

I think it would be better for them to put downloads codes in with Bayonetta 2 tbh... something to help sales of the game, which could be very worrying atm, given the install base.

I really like this idea!

With the fuss Kamiya is making over this, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. After all, a port would be quite easy.

My favourite option would be a two disc set collectors edition! Both games, some artwork and a nice case.

That's because it's not. :D
Err... subjectivity? ;)

There's no such thing as the best game:heh: on any system, just people's opinions. If Dcubed says Bayonetta is the best game on PS360, then for him it's the best game.

My favourite option would be a two disc set collectors edition! Both games, some artwork and a nice case.
Yeah that'd be really nice! Anything to give people an incentive to pick up Bayonetta 2.

Actually the worst thing they could do is release the first before the second, as people might play it and decide the series isn't for them! Oops!

Err... subjectivity? ;)

There's no such thing as the best game:heh: on any system, just people's opinions. If Dcubed says Bayonetta is the best game on PS360, then for him it's the best game.

I know, I was only being a bit tongue in cheek.

Only because I've heard many people say it's an awesome game, but likewise heard people saying it's really not good. All taste dependent of course.

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

I would buy Bayonetta if it was ported to the Wii U. If it doesn't then I'll just have to get it on the PS3.

Only because I've heard many people say it's an awesome game, but likewise heard people saying it's really not good. All taste dependent of course.
Yeah, I think the widely varying opinions on Bayonetta aren't helped by the difference in quality between the 2 versions. :hmm:

It's apparently a much better experience on the 360:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bayonetta-faceoff

Err... subjectivity? ;)

I know, it just came across as fact, rather than opinion.

I can't see it happening. I'm quite worried about the sales of 2, I can't imagine a port of the original would fare too well given the current climate.

I wonder if that's because they played the PS3 version, which had some crazy performance problems, particularly frame rate wise.

Everyone I know that played the 360 version adored it and rightly so; it's an incredible game in every aspect.

Yeah maybe that makes a real difference. I thought I heard the PS3 version had been fixed quite a lot, but guess that only helps predominantly new players now.