NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

ZOMG! Dat Megaton!!!!!

I take it back, this is not my least favourite 3D Mario title. I am still not a fan of most of the main game however....

Loved the last world. The unlocked the Star world...and I cannot fucking believe I just unlocked Rosalina. WTF. Amazing!!!

DAT TURQUOISE!!!!!

Played all levels as Mario and Luigi...going through as the others now.

Not cheating and using the bubble method :p

Played all levels as Mario and Luigi...going through as the others now.

Not cheating and using the bubble method :p

It still annoys me that they made the 5th star what it was. It felt far too cheap and forced. It was just a way to lengthen the game, which is already lengthy anyway.

It still annoys me that they made the 5th star what it was. It felt far too cheap and forced. It was just a way to lengthen the game, which is already lengthy anyway.

Yeah it is a bit cruel, but I'm fine doing it. Gives me something to mindlessly do while watching TV :) One of the situations where I actually use Off-TV Play

Another day being conned by GAME. What a bunch of assholes

Fear not. A strongly worded email has been sent. : peace:

Fear not. A strongly worded email has been sent. : peace:

Did you use a red font? :p

Did you use a red font? :p

:heh: if I could I would have done. Because you have to email them through their site you can't change font haha. It also stopped me pasting their terms and conditions which say - and I quote: :laughing:

Terms and Conditions: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Your item will be delivered with your order

Definitely unsure on the last part... :woops:

Might get this after Christmas. Too skint to even consider it at the minute. So tough to resist clicking on all the spoilers! :shakehead

Might get this after Christmas. Too skint to even consider it at the minute. So tough to resist clicking on all the spoilers! :shakehead

Get it. You don't need food, but you need Mario.

I actually got told by GAME today that I won't be receiving my pre-order bonuses as they're now out of stock.

https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/410417576540258305

Possible they misunderstood your first tweet and thought you were just generally inquiring about it. Be interesting to see their next reply now that you've clarified you've actually ordered one from them.

I'm hoping that you're right. I had sent them a message over a week ago asking if I should be expecting the items in a separate package and unfortunately there's no way to link that to the conversation.

Edit: They've taken the promo off the page now.

Edited by V. Amoleo
Edit

Finally defeated Champion Road! :heh:

I'd say that's definitely the most difficult level there's ever been in a 3D Mario game. I don't remember struggling so much with any of the others, put it that way. :)

But yeah, I'm just glad I managed to beat it. The final area of that level was lovely. :love: I also like how the...

collectables (the 3 Green Stars and the Stamp) were so easy to pick up.

:D Nintendo could have made them match the difficulty of the level itself, although that would've been very cruel, so I'm glad they didn't. :hehe:

Had an email from LAME before in response to the one i sent to them. This is what it said:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid to inform you that we are now our of stock of the preorder bonus items. As a result, we are unable to send them out.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Vince K

The Team at GAME

Congrats, buddy!
Thanks. :)

I bet your heart was racing towards the end. :D
Actually I was quite chilled, think that's why I succeeded. :laughing:

Obviously I experienced much heart racing (and sweating :heh:) throughout my overall time playing the level though, but I've been attempting it for so long that I can now blast through 90% of it without batting an eye. :grin:

For ages I was trying to do it with no power-ups at all, and I would frequently arrive at...

the final area with the dash plates. But that section without Tanooki is super tough!

:o So in the end I had to make use of that suit for that bit.

And I started making use of the Lucky Cat suit for the first areas of the level too, as it makes the last few beat block platforms much easier. Also used it to destroy those spiky swing things with the Cat Statue. ;)

One day I might attempt a no power-up run, it's really just that final part of the level that poses a problem for doing so.

Thanks. :)

Actually I was quite chilled, think that's why I succeeded. :laughing:

Obviously I experienced much heart racing (and sweating :heh:) throughout my overall time playing the level though, but I've been attempting it for so long that I can now blast through 90% of it without batting an eye. :grin:

For ages I was trying to do it with no power-ups at all, and I would frequently arrive at...

the final area with the dash plates. But that section without Tanooki is super tough!

:o So in the end I had to make use of that suit for that bit.

And I started making use of the Lucky Cat suit for the first areas of the level too, as it makes the last few beat block platforms much easier. Also used it to destroy those spiky swing things with the Cat Statue. ;)

One day I might attempt a no power-up run, it's really just that final part of the level that poses a problem for doing so.

Now do it with the four other characters...without the bubble method.

You'll snap your GamePad in two :p

Had an email from LAME before in response to the one i sent to them. This is what it said:
Are they giving you any form of refund/voucher for the extra money you laid down to get it?

Now do it with the four other characters...without the bubble method.

I actually did it three times. Once you get it down it's not that frustrating.

I actually did it three times. Once you get it down it's not that frustrating.

It is when you're playing as character #5 :p

Yes but you ordered before the game was released and before the offer was taken away.

LOL. I got a copyright ID match on the YouTube video of my KORG M01D rendition of the SM3DW theme:

Guess I did a better job at recreating it than I originally thought. :heh:

Does this mean Nintendo are making money every time someone plays that vid now? In that case, I can claim to be a Nintendo employee! :laughing:

You have no idea who you're dealing with. The day I get aggro over a videogame it'll be snowing in hell. :D