NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

Had a real scare while playing this a minute ago. Just finished replaying a stage (collected 2 green stars I was missing) but after I completed the level it was taking ages to save, then the background music stopped playing and 8-Bit Mario was running constantly but it was stuck. Home button wouldn't work, nothing. :hmm:

I waited for a few minutes, but in the end I had to hold down the power button to force the Wii U to turn off. :eek:

Was worried I might have corrupted the save file in doing so, but luckily it was fine. Just had to get those 2 stars again, so it definitely didn't save. :heh:

The second postgame level is kicking my arse -_-
Yeah, It'll tend to do that. ;)

I'm loving all of the post-game content, there's so much of it too!

It's amazing just how much quality Nintendo are willing to include at a point in the game where some people might have even stopped playing and possibly won't see it! :o

There's even a...

New power-up!

:D

"]A different version of the cat bell which gives you the ability to turn your character into a golden lucky cat statue (similar to the Tanooki suit) that also generates loads of coins as it falls!! :cool:

This game. :love:

This game just keeps getting better and better. I managed to tear myself away for a bit but have been drawn back before I get some food in a bit!

World 3 - ICE WORLDS RULE!! But why no ice stages? Only played like 1, the rest are grassy or tropical! :nono: I wanted ice goodness!

Anyway - just played one level that had me grinning ear to ear and the only person I could think of whilst playing it is @RedShell !

The Mario Kart style one - Must Dash or something?! Brilliant! Pure brilliant!

:bowdown: I hope there's more like this!

Loving every minute!

I have seen a couple of levels where there are 2 Person platforms near the end. Is it forcing multiplayer to complete or are there hidden cherries around?

I have seen a couple of levels where there are 2 Person platforms near the end. Is it forcing multiplayer to complete or are there hidden cherries around?

Yeah, cherries be kicking about somewhere. There's no multiplayer only platforms.

Finally received it!

It arrived after i had canceled my plans! Not cool. 3pm on a Saturday that's when i got it.

Won't be using GAME again that was the last of my reward points, it's also missing the key ring & sleeve.

Enough raging, the game is FREAKING GORGEOUS :love:

Really don't want to go through and have all the levels finished this weekend...but it's luring me back every time I turn it off

Really don't want to go through and have all the levels finished this weekend...but it's luring me back every time I turn it off

Don't worry about it. If you're going for 5 stars on your profile then there is plenty left to do.

I wanna see what you and RedShell think of the final stage.....

Anyway - just played one level that had me grinning ear to ear and the only person I could think of whilst playing it is @RedShell !

The Mario Kart style one - Must Dash or something?! Brilliant! Pure brilliant!

:bowdown: I hope there's more like this!

Hehehe! :hehe: Every time I play that level it's like a dream, I have to pinch myself afterwards. :heh:

Don't worry about it. If you're going for 5 stars on your profile then there is plenty left to do.

I've gotta do a little bit of green star hunting now before I can move on.

Still can't get over how much there is after the credits. :)

God, getting the stars in some of these stages is doing my head in. Having to precisely aim a fireball while avoiding flying Dry Bones, large piranha plants and firey piranha plants on a rotating platform above poison that kills you on touch.

Actually happy to take a break now :p

I daren't think of how some of these levels are in multiplayer

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Hehehe! :hehe: Every time I play that level it's like a dream, I have to pinch myself afterwards. :heh:

If it's the level I suspected you'd love when I saw a video a few weeks ago, then you're safe to open that spoiler in your PM that I sent previously :heh:

I hope it is all as awesome as I anticipate :yay:

Is there an extra level or something for getting five stars or is that just the final level of the post game stuff?

Is there an extra level or something for getting five stars or is that just the final level of the post game stuff?

It's just the final level of the post game stuff. It's a toughie. :)

This game is absolutely brilliant! I almost ran out of time on World 1-1, because I wanted to just stay and watch those amazing visuals. I love how the gamepad adds added background sound and the transitioning of music from land to underwater is SOO GOOD.

I had a great time playing this with my friends today! It's probably the happiest I've been for a very long time.

People complained that this game wasn't Super Mario Galaxy 3, but when the next 3D mario game comes out, I'll be complaining that it isn't super 3D mario world 2 haha

This game quite frankly just needs to stop with all the amazingness! It's getting silly now! :heh:

Seriously blown away by the level of creativity this game has to offer.

It's not until you actually play it (and I mean, really progress with it) that you start to see how wrong many peoples early impressions of this game (myself included!) were from the announcement right up until shortly before the release.

I thought Rayman Legends was clever but SM3DW makes that game seem like it's lacking something now. And I loved Rayman Legends!

Every time I complete a level I can't wait to run to the next (Peach needs to move that pretty ass quicker :heh: ) to see what it has to offer. Each stage is literally brimming with new ideas, and creativity that is not found anywhere else.

Controlling 4 characters at once with the new cherry power up is absolute madness but it just works so well. I love all of the different styles of stages too that break up the flow of the game (in a good way). If there's one thing that's wrong with the NSMB series, it's the reliance on the same formula of run from left to right and add a bit of up and down - though it works brilliantly, Nintendo have ripped that rule book right up with this game. Anyone comparing this to NSMB needs to be shot immediately. :D

I just can't express how much I'm enjoying the game. It's everything I could ask for as a Nintendo fan really all in one game and I'm only up to world 4!

This fellow N-E'ers, is the reason I game! For delights like this!

*Picks up game pad and carries on being wowed* :hehe:

Some of us are waiting for Christmas ;)

I'd never be able to do that. Nowadays, Christmas has been relegated to games I want but cba to buy myself :p

Absolutely in love with this game, the levels keep on amazing me and I'm only on world 3! The creativity at Nintendo is out of this world!:bouncy:

Got this today and completed the first two worlds after work. It's got the usual charm so far but I hope I'm yet to see the best of the game (as I would expect). It's kind of standard fare at the moment although there have been a couple of moments that have caused a huge grin to slide across my face. I liked the double cherry power-up a lot so I hope there are some more intricate uses of it.

I'll be playing it with a friend on Monday so I'm looking forward to seeing how the multiplayer aspect adds to the game.

I'd never be able to do that. Nowadays, Christmas has been relegated to games I want but cba to buy myself :p

Haha yeah maybe I should re phrase that, some of us are struggling to wait til Christmas ;)

Managed to get through the launch day "I really want this game NOOOWW!" mindset, so hopefully another 25 days will be alright...

Found a block that has a star, a goalpost and a flagpole on it...assuming I need all of them to open it.

The hunt is on

Haha yeah maybe I should re phrase that, some of us are struggling to wait til Christmas ;)

Managed to get through the launch day "I really want this game NOOOWW!"

That's always the hardest part!

Besides, I know that the wait will be totally worth it.

Some of the levels in Flower World are cruel. CRUEL. Especially as they don't have checkpoints

After 32 hours i've finally nabbed a 5 star profile, got all the stars and all the stamps ( as seen on my Miiverse posts ).

That fifth star is pretty cheap and feels forced. It kind of feels like multiplayer achievements, which I have always hated.

You have to finish every level with every character in the game. Obviously this star is to encourage multiplayer sessions but seeing as I don't have that luxury I had to go through the game 3 times.

I say 3 an not 5 because someone on Gaf pointed out that if you just press start on another pad and have them hit the flag pole as well then it counts. I was hitting start, grabbing the other character and then hitting the flag pole.

Having to do the final level numerous times was a bit of a headache, although by the time I had finished it I had the level layout nicely.

Bring on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. :D