NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

Dear god

Boss Blitz is a bastard. Only way to get through it in time is to do wicked bank shots on the snakes as Cat Mario, and even then I got cheated from victory in the last minute

Taking a break because I'm a little incensed by this :p

Dear god

Boss Blitz is a bastard. Only way to get through it in time is to do wicked bank shots on the snakes as Cat Mario, and even then I got cheated from victory in the last minute

Taking a break because I'm a little incensed by this :p

Really? I had well over a minute left. Just start off with that fight and if you can do that with 360 left on the clock then you are golden.

Really? I had well over a minute left. Just start off with that fight and if you can do that with 360 left on the clock then you are golden.

I got it mastered now. I was just annoyed because I somehow died on the final bit when I was sans power up. Must have hit the side rather than on top

Does this game support the Pro Controller?
Yep. It supports everything! GamePad, Pro Controller, Wii Remote, even the Classic Controller. :awesome:

100%'d World 1 to World 6 now. The stamp in 6-1 was a pain.

Just a few more to go then I can get to the final world

I've 100% cleared everything up to the game credits, wow 'dat final boss!' :D

Now setting to work on the amazing - but brutal - post-game. :)

I suddenly have 3 stars on my file. Interesting.

Just noticed, underwater, Toads cheeks are full as if he's holding his breath. Nice touch

The first flag pole in the first Boo House really did make me laugh. .. the effort I put in to get a golden flag first off... LOL

Overall, this is a damn fine game. Threw a couple of hours into it yesterday whilst nursing a huge hangover from the night before. Liking the level designs, the music is quite catchy as well. And i like being able to switch between characters before each level, nice idea indeed.

I'm switching between Gamepad and Wiimote as my control choice, anyone know if it is possible to turn off the display on the Gamepad when not using it?. I'm only asking as it's a little annoying seeing 2 screens showing the same stuff.

How do people feel about the fact that Knack outsold this in the UK? One's an innovative multiplayer platformer the other is a derivative platformer/brawler.

People may fob it off as a nothing like "their lose" to the people buying Knack, however long term but it is slightly worrying for Nintendo's long term future a second Christmas without huge Wii U sales could be on the horizon. I was personally expecting Mario to blow it out of the water and be up there with the best sellers not in something like 14th! Hopefully Wii U sales pick up closer to Xmas and the attach rate for this game in particular is high (which will be helped by new bundles) otherwise I fear what it means for the future of 3D Mario games with the New Super Mario Bros series consistently outselling them by a fair margin.

How do people feel about the fact that Knack outsold this in the UK? One's an innovative multiplayer platformer the other is a derivative platformer/brawler.

People may fob it off as a nothing like "their lose" to the people buying Knack, however long term but it is slightly worrying for Nintendo's long term future a second Christmas without huge Wii U sales could be on the horizon. I was personally expecting Mario to blow it out of the water and be up there with the best sellers not in something like 14th! Hopefully Wii U sales pick up closer to Xmas and the attach rate for this game in particular is high (which will be helped by new bundles) otherwise I fear what it means for the future of 3D Mario games with the New Super Mario Bros series consistently outselling them by a fair margin.

Shouldn't this be kept in the sales thread? Or it's own thread. Don't want this thread getting locked again. ;)

I suspect most sales of knack were forced bundles .

I own both ps4 and xbone , nothing looks or plays As good as mario.

my ps4 is gathering dust as I could not put mario down.

Edited by yesteryeargames

Shouldn't this be kept in the sales thread? Or it's own thread. Don't want this thread getting locked again. ;)

Argh but it won't get seen then....I didn't post to get it locked I posted to discuss an issue around 3D Mario games....of which this is the latest.

I suspect most sales of knack were forced bundles .

I own both ps4 and xbone , nothing looks or plays As good as mario.

my ps4 is gathering dust as I could not put mario down.

Well I'll be interested to see sales of Knack in other countries where it wasn't a forced bundle... I didn't see Knack in many forced bundles here.

Argh but it won't get seen then....I didn't post to get it locked I posted to discuss an issue around 3D Mario games....of which this is the latest.

I know you didn't intend it that way, but that's just the way it usually turns out these days. ::shrug:

If everyone can discuss it properly without going for each others throats it's fine.

@flameboy, if you think it'll make for an interesting comparison/discussion topic, start a thread for it in general gaming with a link in here. That's the place for industry talk.

Let's keep this about Mario.

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah knack was in forced bundles in a big way here so presume its that. Loads turning up inc cex and game and such already, if it beats it next week then maybe it's a really bad sign, but I can't see it.

Holy crap, Crown World's Mystery House...and we have to do that 5 times??

Haha. Finally, someone reached it! It's insane, right? One wrong move and it's back to the beginning. Once you figure out what's coming and go in with the right suit it's not that bad....maybe. :)

You had a crack at Champions Road yet?

Knack was forced upon people who bought a PS4 and had no games ordered with it, as i mentioned in an earlier thread 8 people got it whilst i was waiting on Friday.

Back onto the subject in hand, which is Mario of course. It's a shame it's not sold as many as expected, but what do you expect. I've seen only an animated advert in Cardiff for this, no WiiU advertising, no TV advertising at all*. I've seen 2 adverts for Link between Worlds and 3DS's on TV, that's about it really. I didn't pre-order Mario, but i did pick it up. It's a great game, and i would be expecting WiiU's to be selling for this game alone.

*This is only what i've seen, there may be adverts out there

Haha. Finally, someone reached it! It's insane, right? One wrong move and it's back to the beginning. Once you figure out what's coming and go in with the right suit it's not that bad....maybe. :)

You had a crack at Champions Road yet?

I just did and I have concluded that EAD are sadists who thrive solely upon making even the most hardened gamer suffer

SADISTS the lot of them

I just did and I have concluded that EAD are sadists who thrive solely upon making even the most hardened gamer suffer

Wait till you're near the end. Your heart is racing, hands sweating and then the tears of joy hit when you see that flagpole. Then you realise you need to finish it multiple times. :D

Use 2 Tanooki suits. It makes things a lot easier once you figure out how to tackle it. People suggest using one Tanooki and one Cat but the Cat one has no real use and the part people tend to use that on can be done much better with the Tanooki suit.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Wait till you're near the end. Your heart is racing, hands sweating and then the tears of joy hit when you see that flagpole. Then you realise you need to finish it multiple times. :D

Use 2 Tanooki suits. It makes things a lot easier once you figure out how to tackle it. People suggest using one Tanooki and one Cat but the Cat one has no real use and the part people tend to use that on can be done much better with the Tanooki suit.

Yeah, I was doing well with a Tanooki Suit, but I kept losing it.

Also doing it as Peach for extra safety

Taking a break. Keep making silly mistakes

Edit: Done it. Now time for the Mystery House and then to do Champions Road again with Luigi, Peach, Toad and Rosalina.

Never has a game made me sweat this profusely...not even Wii Fit and I use that every day lol

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

@flameboy, if you think it'll make for an interesting comparison/discussion topic, start a thread for it in general gaming with a link in here. That's the place for industry talk.

Let's keep this about Mario.

Meh I'm not gonna do that it won't get read nothing does in that board to the same degree....I'm discussing the sales of Mario 3D World...I didn't realize threads were only about the actual game weird how it's fine to for example slag off DLC prices in Other Consoles' game threads but not say a bad word about any issues "around" a Nintendo game....seems like you want it tucked away where you know it won't be seen and won't cause you know an actual debate...

I tell ya this place...just because the other thread got closed by Nintendo fans rounding on the staff means others who want to join in with discussions around a game can't do so.