NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

No disrespect, but as N-E staff you should know that there is a separate thread to discuss games sales. They were purposely put there for that reason as it can end up taking over a thread that and peoples opinions on the game itself can get washed away in sales chat.

Talking about the sales of it compared to another game would definitely sit better in the general sales thread - of which there is a lot of activity from other members, so it shouldn't get ignored. :)

I played one more world of this just now. I am only gonna have time to do a world a night (roughly) for this week, but I'm happy with that! Though it is difficult to put down!

I am wondering how I'm gonna cope going to a different character now though! I am loving playing as Peach! That sexy glide has saved me from a couple of ledge falls! :heh:

Looking forward to trying out Toad though! He seems beastly!

Meh I'm not gonna do that it won't get read nothing does in that board to the same degree....I'm discussing the sales of Mario 3D World...I didn't realize threads were only about the actual game weird how it's fine to for example slag off DLC prices in Other Consoles' game threads but not say a bad word about any issues "around" a Nintendo game....seems like you want it tucked away where you know it won't be seen and won't cause you know an actual debate...

I tell ya this place...just because the other thread got closed by Nintendo fans rounding on the staff means others who want to join in with discussions around a game can't do so.

The sales thread was specifically setup because sales discussion used to ruin threads on this board.

But you know, do what you like, you clean it up.

No disrespect, but as N-E staff you should know that there is a separate thread to discuss games sales. They were purposely put there for that reason as it can end up taking over a thread that and peoples opinions on the game itself can get washed away in sales chat.

Talking about the sales of it compared to another game would definitely sit better in the general sales thread - of which there is a lot of activity from other members, so it shouldn't get ignored. :)

I played one more world of this just now. I am only gonna have time to do a world a night (roughly) for this week, but I'm happy with that! Though it is difficult to put down!

I am wondering how I'm gonna cope going to a different character now though! I am loving playing as Peach! That sexy glide has saved me from a couple of ledge falls! :heh:

Looking forward to trying out Toad though! He seems beastly!

You know mods have their own separate forum to discuss threads etc....regular staff aren't involved in any of that discussion. So in theory I'm no different to you....I wouldn't know if I didn't see it....Anyway I'm not gonna start having a pop at you.

I actually did play this today at a demo booth in a store...5 levels what seemed like a nice variety. Looks great I'd be interested to know if the cat stuff is more than "just" climbing up walls with your back to the player. I guess it could be a genuine game changer like they cherry seemingly does. It's still not enough for me to buy a Wii for especially when I haven't finished all the post game 3D Land content. Still waiting for that Zelda now that's a must have....

Yeah, I was doing well with a Tanooki Suit, but I kept losing it.

Also doing it as Peach for extra safety

Taking a break. Keep making silly mistakes

Edit: Done it. Now time for the Mystery House and then to do Champions Road again with Luigi, Peach, Toad and Rosalina.

Never has a game made me sweat this profusely...not even Wii Fit and I use that every day lol

Haha! Good man. Did you like the clear pipes at the end? :)

Seriously, only one Icey level in the Ice World - Including a Tropical Beach??? I don't understand!?

Its upsetting seeing everyone playing this on my friends list.

Christmas Day cannot come soon enough!!

Its upsetting seeing everyone playing this on my friends list.

Christmas Day cannot come soon enough!!

If it's any consolation, i'm playing Batman Arkham Origins now. :)

Meh I'm not gonna do that it won't get read nothing does in that board to the same degree....I'm discussing the sales of Mario 3D World...I didn't realize threads were only about the actual game weird how it's fine to for example slag off DLC prices in Other Consoles' game threads but not say a bad word about any issues "around" a Nintendo game....seems like you want it tucked away where you know it won't be seen and won't cause you know an actual debate...

I tell ya this place...just because the other thread got closed by Nintendo fans rounding on the staff means others who want to join in with discussions around a game can't do so.

I'm with Aneres on this. Discussing the sales of SM3DW is one, discussing them in comparison to Knack is another, the topic it then leads to about general sales is basically NOT this thread(it's actually ALREADY a thriving discussion in General Sales). Retro's just trying to keep it on topic before it gets so off topic it ends up like the other thread. General Sales thread is actually a really healthy thread imo, get's a lot of activity. I think given the current climate and topic of discussion there, you'd get an excellent response in General Gaming, but that's just my opinion. Can I also add, if Aneres(who you are no different to) is aware of the thread and you aren't, that's a weak point but a fair one just as much - you might not venture into general. However, Retro HAS pointed it out, so you are now aware. He's pointing it out to keep order and, god forbid, moderate the forums to some extent. Even before that though, I'd like to highlight the fact that a fellow non-moderator or staff forum member has expressed similar opinion. I think sometimes the forums have been left to self-moderate, mostly because we usually could.

The other thread got closed because of a total lack of respect for not just Ashley's review, but him as a person, and a degeneration into a discussion about review scores and not actually the game. It was getting wildy off topic - all Retro's trying to do here is nip that in the bud before it occurs.

How would you feel, had you been in Ashley's shoes? Having put your own free time and hard work into a piece for the site, just for it to be rubbished without, frankly, good reason? Pretty much nobody contributing at the time bar Ashley and Daft(via Ashley) had played the game - so how could everyone comment so solidly on something they hadn't experienced? No matter what I thought of a review, I'd be forced to take it with a pinch of salt knowing I'd not had the same experience(and in fact did so recently with mr-paul's review of ALBW, I was hoping he just had different opinions/views to me on a few aspects, but I'm coming to see now it's possibly views I share).

Long story short - please don't take it out on the mods who are trying to clean up the mess the boards have become. We're all here because we love games, Nintendo, and most of all the community that is N-Europe(or at least I am). If you've got an issue - does it need to be aired in a different topic, possibly with a grudge, right off? Can we not talk about it without conflict and derailment? Can we possibly even god forbid discuss the matter in private, or would that do our egos no favours?

For my own, more personal, thoughts on the matter: This place IS a fucking mess. It needs cleaning up. However right now, I am just like any of you a regular guys in these parts, and I hold no power. I will make no illusion of the fact that I wish I modded here, because if I did I would be kicking the shit out of all this petty behaviour in line with Ashley's recent post about respect. It wouldn't be pretty, and it'd probably even involve admonishing/punishing people that I like, even though some would call whatever biases and unfairness that they liked - but I feel assured I could act with impartiality. My issues aren't with particular people, it's with particular attitudes, particular behaviors and particular posts under certain circumstances. There is nobody on these forums that I would wish to leave because we all make up this excellent community - but by the same token there have been many that I would wish to stay or post who have opted not to because they cannot stomach the atmosphere. I would seek to rectify that with a firm rule and an iron first! Muahahah(I'm half joking, but maybe you need to worry about the other half ;) )

SO, by all means, continue to ignore the mods and respond with attitudes that they get desperate enough to take me up on my thinly veiled pleas to mod here. I'll kick the crap out of this place like a far gone internet megalomaniac. This isn't aimed specifically at you btw flameboy, it's a comment on this general situation.

Please don't respond to this post in this thread. I am requesting that it be deleted in a few days, and any responses to it deleted immediately too. I'm posting it here so it's seen, but it's not a discussion to be had here. That can be done either by PM to myself, or if you wish for something public, via my visitor wall. Even more so, if you take further issue, with the mods and admins, to whom I will answer for it.

Edited by Rummy

Haha! Good man. Did you like the clear pipes at the end? :)

I did...though I made sure to follow the path exactly. Feared that going down the line on say T or Y would make me fall off the edge. I wouldn't put that sort of sadistic cruelty past the EAD developers :p

I did...though I made sure to follow the path exactly. Feared that going down the line on say T or Y would make me fall off the edge. I wouldn't put that sort of sadistic cruelty past the EAD developers :p

It's such a good feeling when...

You just slide down the last hill and all the characters are there essentially cheering you on. How they got there in the first place is beyond me. Did they have to traverse that hell as well?

:D

It's such a good feeling when...

You just slide down the last hill and all the characters are there essentially cheering you on. How they got there in the first place is beyond me. Did they have to traverse that hell as well?

:D

Haha I thought that.

Now I have to go back and do every level as every character. Will take a while

Haha I thought that.

Now I have to go back and do every level as every character. Will take a while

Just do what I did. I'm sure you have a spare Wiimote kicking about. That way you only have to do it a couple more times.

Just do what I did. I'm sure you have a spare Wiimote kicking about. That way you only have to do it a couple more times.

That's cheap :p. Besides, I loved all the levels in this. I'm fine playing them over again, speedrunning so my ghosts come to destroy you all

Edited by Serebii

That's cheap. Besides, I loved all the levels in this. I'm fine playing them over again, speedrunning so my ghosts come to destroy you all

The final star is cheap so I had no beef doing it the way I did.

You won't destroy me, as i'm done with it. :D

One day you will come back. Yes, you will come back.

No pre-order bonus for me yet. GAME have tweeted back to people letting them know the bonus items were sent separately and should be with them "soon".

Seriously, only one Icey level in the Ice World - Including a Tropical Beach??? I don't understand!?

Glad to hear it! I was getting so bored of the themed levels. Much prefer the way 3D Land and presumably 3D World does it.

I just tried doing it that way but couldn't bubble everyone up in time on the Magikoopa bit

Never mind, just realised I can let them die :p

I just tried doing it that way but couldn't bubble everyone up in time on the Magikoopa bit

Never mind, just realised I can let them die :p

Just press start when you reach the flagpole on the Wiimotes. It saves you wasting lives doing it this way.

4 shiny stars on my save file now, plus I've reached the final world and had a go at...

Champion's Road. :cool: Well, when I say a go, I mean loads of goes. :heh:

Have so far made it up to a part with 3 Magikoopas on a series of collapsing platforms surrounded by rotating fire bars! Yeah... not got past that bit yet. :laughing:

...It's tough, but bloody good fun. I look forward to losing hundreds of lives trying to finish it. :D

I was on 87 retries after beating the final boss and seeing the credits for the first time, I'm now on 378! :o And I expect that number to increase a lot more before I fully complete the game. Good job I stocked up (to the max 3x crowns) with the Koopa Shell 1-Up trick beforehand. :hehe:

As for playtime, it took around 8 hours the beat the game, but I'm currently on 28 hours. Shows just how much content there is post-credits. ;) And that's with no multiplayer yet either. Looking forward to trying that out over Christmas. :smile:

Speaking of which, those of you that have saved this game for then are in for such a treat.

Christmas magic + Mario magic = magic overload. :grin:

I was on 87 retries after beating the final boss and seeing the credits for the first time, I'm now on 378! :o And I expect that number to increase a lot more before I fully complete the game. Good job I stocked up (to the max 3x crowns) with the Koopa Shell 1-Up trick beforehand. :hehe:

Man, that's a crazy amount of lives you've spent there. You still have a long way to go in that stage and it only gets harder. :D

Have you done the Mystery House just next to the Champions Road yet? That's also a great challenge.

Man, that's a crazy amount of lives you've spent there. You still have a long way to go in that stage and it only gets harder. :D
Yeah, I've not been very careful while playing this game, I find it even more fun that way. :heh:

Quite a few of those were suicides too, just to quickly get back to the checkpoint flag when going for certain green stars/stamps. :hehe:

Have you done the Mystery House just next to the Champions Road yet? That's also a great challenge.
I have, but only got 5 or 6 stars so far.

Love the challenge of these final levels though, I just find it so funny. :grin:

For a game to go from being so easy to end up so brutally difficult is hilarious. icon14.gif

I have, but only got 5 or 6 stars so far.

Love the challenge of these final levels though, I just find it so funny. :grin:

For a game to go from being so easy to end up so brutally difficult is hilarious. icon14.gif

It's quality. It's pretty sad that most reviewers probably didn't even reach these stages as well and as such couldn't comment on the greatness of both these levels.