N-Europe

Final Fantasy XI Mafia

Esequiel

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not realise this thing was on already!!:blush: I did not send a target last night, obviously.

...I am unfamiliar with much of FF, sadly.:hmm: I will do my best.

Lastly, Diageo being targeted on the first night could be a mafia tactic? If it was a ploy, they would have known he could heal.

@Yvonne, Diageo is the white mage. He cast the cure that saved him.

Actually. It doesn't specify that the white mage cast the cure upon himself!

Either is possible. Diageo is either the white mage ...or he is not!!

What's with the Jimbob vote?

Diageo is town then.

What have we got?

Or the mafia have a protector, and tried to kill DIageo (one of their own) knowing they could protect him, so as to cement him as townie, and able to sway the vote away from other mafioso without arising suspicion.

Long shot, but possible.

By the way, the shadow user is almost certainly Yvonne. I didn't get too far in FFXI, but what I did do was become a ninja. Because they are awesome.

Ninja can cast 3 shadows and each shadow can fully absorb an attack. One of Yvonne's shadows also got stolen by a thief.

Also I got redirected by the red mage to Dedede (I know this since the attack used on me was spike flail - same as the red mage in the writeup). My action on Dedede was then absorbed by a shadow.

So looking at some possibilities:

- Yvonne throws shadow at a player to absorb any attack they take. In this case, he threw one at Dedede (a person I happened to be redirected to)

- Yvonne throws a shadow at a player, and their attack is blocked

However, the thief used the shadow on himself, so most likely they confer protection. The cynical side of me thinks that since the main villain is the shadow lord, that there could be a connection. On the other hand, the redirect to a protected player could be fluke and Yvonne did willingly put forward his character. I'm leaning more to him being town at the moment.

Anyway Yvonne, since my attack was absorbed by your shadow, that leaves one more attack absorbed according to the writeup. Who'd you use your shadows on?

Regarding the no death being a setup...I find that a little unlikely. That's usually not something the Mafia want to do, really, and I don't know how they would have known that the writeup would state the intended kill victim to vindicate them.

Anyway, I'm willing to vote Jimbob. No idea why we keep letting him in the games when he's so inactive.

Oh yeah I'll say this now before someone finds out - I can't be tracked

ah sorry @Sheikah I read this:

Anyway Yvonne, since my attack was absorbed by your shadow, that leaves one more attack absorbed according to the writeup. Who'd you use your shadows on?

And got confused.

So correction: someone got absorbed by my shadow, then the thief and someone else got through

Oh yeah I'll say this now before someone finds out - I can't be tracked

ah sorry @Sheikah I read this:

And got confused.

So correction: someone got absorbed by my shadow, then the thief and someone else got through

Then Dedede must be the thief, since he used your shadow on himself (according to the writeup). I got stopped by a shadow. If you're saying you used the shadows on yourself, and Dedede definitely used the shadow on himself since the writeup says so, then it figures the only way I could have been stopped by a shadow is by the person I targeted. Which was Dedede.

Of course if someone else is the thief then now would be a good time to call out a contradiction.