N-Europe

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD-Remaster

Sheikah

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welli finally dd it by half past midnight and about 50 tries, the game cheats so damn much! i had 4/5 really good runs before i got it where i'd have no hits and 12+ balloons and litterally when i got the the final 20 m a bird would appear with no dodging room and ram me, then as i'm dazed a 2nd/3rd and on a few times a 4th bird would hit me making my final time around 6 seconds again and again

but i've done it,and the chocobo master trophy/remiem temple race, now to dodge lightning

I got the 0.0 time on the chocobo race earlier. I like to think there is a special place in hell reserved for the guy/guys who designed this game. Such a remarkable piece of shit of a minigame. Anyone else who has got this I'm sure will agree. But hey ho, now I can get Tidus's ultimate weapon, heh.

Also did the 5 chests open and win the race at Remiem temple. God damn, that was also tricky with Vita control sticks. The chocobo seemed to snap to moving in one direction which made handling curved sections somewhat inefficient. So many times I'd drop down and the other chocobo was just in the way enough to prevent overtaking.

the chocobo controls are so monumentally bad and further hinder the games, but both are so needlessly unfair! the random placement of birds and balloons was a mistake, it would be far better to just have fixed placements and make it hard, rather than utter random and often unfair assaults by birds.

The Remiem temple one is only as bad due to the damn random speed of the opponent, making it so you could theoretically play forever if the odds fall against you and you have a fast opponent , most times it completed the course in 34 seconds, the time i did it, i finished in 33 seconds and the opponent was no where to be seen, a purely lucky run where he was obviously set to win in 34/35/36/37/38 etc seconds

atleast the lightning game is more forgiving, it tells you when to hit X (the flash) its just reaction time based

At least a trophy will ping now telling you when you get 200.

The trophy won't ping once you get past 200. The trophy pings once you collect the sigil from the chest outside the travel agency.

You'll still have to count the strikes out in your head or something.

The trophy won't ping once you get past 200. The trophy pings once you collect the sigil from the chest outside the travel agency.

You'll still have to count the strikes out in your head or something.

Oh joy! Another smashing outing to be had.

11 hours in and I just arrived at the Thunder Plains :)

Soooo many memories :D Can't believe how old I am -.-

I remember those minigames, too. When I was a kid they weren't much of a problem, but now...I will probably destroy something.

So apparently you don't get FFX-2 on the cart for Vita and have to download it anyway? And it clocks in at 3.3GB... so I would have to make room for it on my card anyway. Might just make some space for it all and get a digital copy :p

Edited by Shorty

I found 8 terrible and a real chore to play, the story was all over the place, the main character was a moody brooding twilight character (i think they probably based the vampires on him). miraculously everyone was related, oh look a sorceress less kill her, oh wait she was at the orphanage too, wait more "fairies" oh it turns out our Dad was Laguna and now runs estar, oh wait another sorceress, oh but really its a sorceress from the future manipulating all time, she's conveniently only able to manipulate 1 sorceress despite revelations that there is more than the one all of that felt tacked onto the main plot of a high school love story, it was like the worlds worst fan fiction

Still, great music, great weapons, summons and magic, the final fantasy parts were great, the story not so much

Nooo. Inevitable 'emo' and twilight references to Squall! Not fair. Squall existed before that shit tarnished what being moody was all about.

I'm just joshing you though. I can see why some people don't like it, but to me it felt more honest and down-to-Earth than the games before. The love theme worked well and generally made me care more about what happened to the characters than any other game.

I realise the paradox of comparing it to something after it, but after suffering through twillight, the next time i played 8 i noticed scary similarities and emo like tendencies (i bet mayer loves final fantasy and loved 8 so drew from it and other pop culture)

still i own 8 several versions of it, and replayed it only jan of last year, but gave in shortly after getting the Ragnarok

man the Ragnarok, that makes up for most of that games yu yevonsSin's, i loved that craft, wish the figure/model wasn't so rare and expensive

Reliving the dream here guys. Done a fair bit already...

- 200 thunder bolt dodges (due to paranoia, I did a bit over this. And when I say bit, I mean over 500)

- Chococrap

- Blitzball to max out Wakka's celestial weapon and get his overdrives

- Monster arena capturing to fully power Auron's weapon

- All Al behd primers

- Rikku's cactuar game (really liked this. Don't remember it back in the day)

- All summons

Now for the 1337 hax delve into monster arena stat boosting.

I'm less than pleased, went to get Anima.....i never claimed besaid temple treasure it seems, so i've got to over power to defeat dark valfeor before i want to

*sigh*

I have a celestial weapons and only need to do the lightning dodge and blitzball now to power them all up (asside from the easy Yuna one which means anima)

I've been stat boosting in the monster arena

does anyone know for each of Waka's overdrives reels, do you need to fight the 250 battles between achieving each reel? because i've thought about a 1000 battles now and i don't fancy fighting little things just to clock up 250 more each time

any tips for the lightning dodge? i've heard the crater in south thunder plans where it guarantees a strike is the simplest yet time consuming route

I'm less than pleased, went to get Anima.....i never claimed besaid temple treasure it seems, so i've got to over power to defeat dark valfeor before i want to

*sigh*

Zanmato that bastard into oblivion. :p

does anyone know for each of Waka's overdrives reels, do you need to fight the 250 battles between achieving each reel? because i've thought about a 1000 battles now and i don't fancy fighting little things just to clock up 250 more each time

No. I got everything without doing a single battle in between.

any tips for the lightning dodge? i've heard the crater in south thunder plans where it guarantees a strike is the simplest yet time consuming route

Yep, that. You only need to do it for about 20 minutes. I failed the first few times but then it becomes really easy. No encounters is a must obviously (you get a weapon with this from the fish at Baaj temple).

Basically from the crater, walk south and a little west enough until you're near the lightning tower (basically not far at all), then walk back to the crater. Don't want too little away from the crater since occasionally the bolt won't trigger. Better to play it safe and walk slightly further away from the crater than necessary.

I got like 536 bolts dodged, so it's definitely doable once you get in the swing of it.

That bleeding Lightning dodge! i started sunday about 10am and finally did it by monday at 8pm

on sunday i tried my best, in silent rooms, with ear phones, on a bed, stood up, on the toilet, everywhere! got as high as 189 and more often than not over 120, but somehow always choked

Monday i took a different approach, i did a lap of ten dodges, paused and left the vita for a while, kept coming back and doing ten, it helped, allowed me to roughly forget how many i did, i think in the end it took me all day, but as one run of around 300 dodges before i thought i was well over 200

cheaped out and zanmato'd dark valefor so i can get anima, now i just need to aquire the remaining aeons, yuna's celestial weapon,max the sphere grids, kill the dark aeons and the optional bosses....might be my first platinum game