N-Europe

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD-Remaster

Sheikah

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this today. Only had an hour spare to play it. So I've just reached Besaid Village.

Overall I'm liking the improved visuals and music. Though the character models are hit and miss. Wakka especially is throwing me.

Can't wait to get into some Blitzball. Just need a day off or two to enjoy a proper binge playthrough.

Started it up on my Vita last night.

That cut-scene. And that song.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Can't believe it's already been 12 years (!) since I have played it. The memories. Such a care-free time of my life :D

Yup. I remember the day I got it, on release, was my last day of work experience. My god, I feel old. :p

Also that updated music for wandering around Besaid is amazing.

Edited by Sheikah

So I caved and started X-2 instead. It was my first main FF game and one of, if not, the first rpg and game I played on PS2. Finished the game today with a 100% clear file.

Cat nip has been nerfed to a point where it's one of the worst accessories you could use, but getting through the Bevelle dungeon and defeating Trema without cat nip wasn't hard at all if you know what to do.

Still got Shinra's bestiary to complete and two or three miscellaneous trophies, but other than that all that is left is Last Mission.

So I caved and started X-2 instead. It was my first main FF game and one of, if not, the first rpg and game I played on PS2. Finished the game today with a 100% clear file.

Crazy that you played this one first, both back in the day and now. You now know the outcome of certain events in X and as such they will lack the impact they originally set out to have.

I don't think so. I think there was quite some time between when I played X-2 and X. Maybe. I remember being quite shocked at the ending in X. Anyway, I think I was fine with it.

Edited by Tales

Yep, X-2 totally spoils

that Tidus disappears at the end of the last game. I would so hate that to be spoiled as that revelation at the end of X made it one of the most powerful endings ever. Also spoils Sin being defeated but that was kinda obviously going to happen. Although going back to X and being like 'well, I know you're going to destroy it as I've seen the results...' would be a bit of an anticlimax.

Either I didn't remember the X-2 story, or I didn't play far enough in it for it to bother me when I played X. I actually borrowed the game, and the PS2, from a friend and I can't recall how far I got in the game the first time around. I probably forgotten most by the time I bought my own PS2 and FFX, I guess, because I remember it having a great story with a shocking ending. Nothing was ruined for me. I swear :p

Anyway, to get the Monster Master trophy you don't only have to complete the bestiary, obviously, but also defeat(or at least find) every oversoulable enemy. Damn.

Five hours in and I have just done the Blitzball tutorial.

Best minigame ever. :laughing:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I remember having an amazing team 12 years ago. I will do the same this year : peace:

After playing the shit out of the remaster with a regular playthrough (maybe going for the Platinum) I may just try a no sphere grid run - without looking up how it's done! Just read up the 'rules' and figure out the stuff by myself. :)

The game looks awesome on the Vita, by the way.

Edit:

Yeah. This just happened :D

Edited by drahkon

Five hours in and I have just done the Blitzball tutorial.

Best minigame ever. :laughing:

If you're going to try and get the sigil for Wakka's celestial wepon then you'll come to hate it.

I went through 4 leagues and 3 tournaments before I got it for a total of around 50 or so matches.

If you're going to try and get the sigil for Wakka's celestial wepon then you'll come to hate it.

I went through 4 leagues and 3 tournaments before I got it for a total of around 50 or so matches.

Nope, won't hate it :p I've spent so many hours with Blitzball (also got that sigil) the first time I've played FFX, I'm happy to do it again :)

Man though, that first Blitzball game is pure troll food.

For the first half you have no Jecht Shot.

And for only less than 3 minutes do you have Tidus in the second half. And even then, he can really only pull off 1 Jecht Shot due to HP requirements.

I know the reward hardly means much and it's doable, but fucking hell.

the first blitzball game can kill all enthusiasm you have for the game

just got to Mecalania forest on X, i can't remember how i grinded and upgraded my sphere grid, and what abilities i had everyone on, the expert grid i think provides too much choice and considerable overlap if you don't plan ahead

but thats its charm i think.

Can't wait to start X-2 as i'm certain i never finished it, so i'll be glad to and then to cry at the fan fiction esk audio epilogue thats supposedly so dire its worth ignoing

I won the first game : peace:

Fell behind 0:1 but I turned it around in the second half. The reward is crap (although using it for Auron makes his attack hit hard that early in the game) but it's a great feeling to beat the fucking Luca Goers :D

I need to find some time to continue playing :( Maybe on Sunday.

I lost basically because both times they scored, the stats went their way. On both occasions my goalie had a higher CA stat than the SH left on balls that fired at him, but due to the 50% either way behaviour of the stats (which funnily enough, always went their way) he failed the catch.

Fuckers. =P

(not bitter)