N-Europe

Mysterious Cities of Gold - The Video Game!

RedShell

I remember this! For some reason I never got into it, maybe I was too young.. But my mother liked it.

I'm sure that I'd appreciate it more now, than I did back then.

It was/is legendary. Way ahead of its time. :cool:

Do do do do Ahhhhh Ahhhhhh Do do do do Cities of Gold. :D
The theme song still sends chills down my spine to this day. :grin:

Is the animation in the new series done with CGI? It looks like it from how still and static some of the character poses are. Doesn't look too bad though, it's great that fans will be able to experience a new series of what is arguably a classic.

I haven't seen much of the original series at all, but I'm strongly considering backing this. It seems like a perfect use of Kickstarter.

It is. There have been rumours floating on the internet for years, and I think originally, they planned to do a normal animated 2nd season, with a different setting (they were older). But I’m not sure. There’s a great fansite which can tell you all about it, but it's French. I knew about the 2nd season, but haven’t kept up with the news, because, well, I don’t understand French, so it’ll be a while before I can enjoy it. And the CG disappointment. Anyway, I was a fan of the original series. I may back this Kickstarter. I think I will make a thread for Les mystérieuses cites d'or later, like I’ve done on another forum, unless someone beats me to it :p.

Oh. Had a look, I believe this was the site was talking about, but everything seems to be translated now..

http://www.lescitesdor.com/

Remember these? :D

I wonder if they'd be able to include a reconstruction of human sacrifice on kids TV today? :heh:

Actually saw that on Nintendolife in May. Never seen the show in my life, but it's a pretty cool intro nonetheless.
Try to check out some episodes, see what you think. :)