NEurope
Daft

The Order: 1886

The time period and setting makes this for me. February can't come quick enough. :D

That new trailer looked so much better than anything before. I wonder how this is going to turn out.

3 trailers posted several weeks apart and all people do is press "thanks", no wonder these forums are dying, what happened to the art of conversation? It's not a "Like" button yknow.

Think that says more about this game than it does the forum.

You could always post about the game instead of why there are no posts about the game. But you didn't. So either you're part of the problem or this game is unremarkable.

I have no interest in the game myself and know nothing about it, I was just venting off-topic because sadness.

I just watched the latest trailer, it does look great. Plus the beginning said nudity so I've already pre-ordered.

February 20th can't come soon, well it will. Played great on the demo i had a go on in September 2014, the trailers look more so impressive. Maybe, just maybe this is the killer game the PS4 has been lacking.

I like the idea of the setting but there's just so much brown... it kind of puts me off a bit, I don't like the look of it as a result.

I like the idea of the setting but there's just so much brown... it kind of puts me off a bit, I don't like the look of it as a result.

The colour tone is representative of the game's setting and atmosphere. There's no real way around it without ruining what the game sets out to do.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm also eager to see reviews/previews of it beforehand. Think it could turn out great but can easily see it not hitting the mark.

Complaining that this looks brown is like complaining that Mario is colourful. Welcome to the tone FFS.

Complaining that this looks brown is like complaining that Mario is colourful. Welcome to the tone FFS.

And some people may complain that Mario is colourful, they've every right to do so. People complained that they didn't like the look of Wind Waker because of it's visuals, for example.

Of course it's brown because of the tone they want but that tone isn't appealing to me as result is all I'm saying. Welcome to opinions FFS.

Edited by Kav

I just ordered and paid for it. I really like the look and tone of it and going by the gameplay videos the shooting looks like it works well.

Its really hard to talk about the game in detail though. They haven't really shown much of anything. We had the same demo for like six months being shown off to the press, its only recently we have got a little extra taste of what the game offers. Its nice to know so little about the story.

Looking like no co-op or multiplayer. This'll probably be a good game to get pre-owned a few weeks after launch if this is true.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/17781-order-1886-early-impression-no-replay-value-ai-felt-bit-dumb-qte-similar.html

I thought this was common knowledge at this point? I know RAD have said many times in the past that they aim was to create a single player, story driven experience.

The issue is the length of the game. If you're paying £40-£50, and the game has no replay value apart from trophy hunting, then you want a meaty campaign to go through. If the campaign is only 6-8 hours long I can see people kicking off.

I thought this was common knowledge at this point? I know RAD have said many times in the past that they aim was to create a single player, story driven experience.

The issue is the length of the game. If you're paying £40-£50, and the game has no replay value apart from trophy hunting, then you want a meaty campaign to go through. If the campaign is only 6-8 hours long I can see people kicking off.

Yeah they announced no multiplayer last Feb I think. I noticed that after I made my last post :blush: but I also meant the campaign length and lack of replayability mentioned in the article means that you're probably better off waiting a week or two for preowned. As long as it's a good game, I'd have no qualms getting it, but similar to the Evil Within, I won't pay full price.

I looks good but not good enough to drop £40-50 as some people have already said. It's tricky because I don't need this to have multiplayer, even co-op isn't necessary. But the complete lack of re-playability, I dunno...just doesn't seem worth what they're asking for. Which is a shame because it looks like they've crafted something pretty fantastic.

It's a shame they couldn't have just put in a horde mode, at least.

Eh, I don't give a shit about multiplayer or a forced horde mode. Give me a well built single player and I'm sold. And if its good enough I'll play through it 3 or 4 times.

This is almost here! Were it not for the dozens of games I already need to get through, I would be on this.

Think this could be one I purchase a few months from now. Looks really interesting though.