• 1 month later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Think that says more about this game than it does the forum.

You could always post about the game instead of why there are no posts about the game. But you didn't. So either you're part of the problem or this game is unremarkable.

I like the idea of the setting but there's just so much brown... it kind of puts me off a bit, I don't like the look of it as a result.

The colour tone is representative of the game's setting and atmosphere. There's no real way around it without ruining what the game sets out to do.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm also eager to see reviews/previews of it beforehand. Think it could turn out great but can easily see it not hitting the mark.

Complaining that this looks brown is like complaining that Mario is colourful. Welcome to the tone FFS.

And some people may complain that Mario is colourful, they've every right to do so. People complained that they didn't like the look of Wind Waker because of it's visuals, for example.

Of course it's brown because of the tone they want but that tone isn't appealing to me as result is all I'm saying. Welcome to opinions FFS.

Edited by Kav

I just ordered and paid for it. I really like the look and tone of it and going by the gameplay videos the shooting looks like it works well.

Its really hard to talk about the game in detail though. They haven't really shown much of anything. We had the same demo for like six months being shown off to the press, its only recently we have got a little extra taste of what the game offers. Its nice to know so little about the story.

Looking like no co-op or multiplayer. This'll probably be a good game to get pre-owned a few weeks after launch if this is true.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/17781-order-1886-early-impression-no-replay-value-ai-felt-bit-dumb-qte-similar.html

I thought this was common knowledge at this point? I know RAD have said many times in the past that they aim was to create a single player, story driven experience.

The issue is the length of the game. If you're paying £40-£50, and the game has no replay value apart from trophy hunting, then you want a meaty campaign to go through. If the campaign is only 6-8 hours long I can see people kicking off.

I thought this was common knowledge at this point? I know RAD have said many times in the past that they aim was to create a single player, story driven experience.

The issue is the length of the game. If you're paying £40-£50, and the game has no replay value apart from trophy hunting, then you want a meaty campaign to go through. If the campaign is only 6-8 hours long I can see people kicking off.

Yeah they announced no multiplayer last Feb I think. I noticed that after I made my last post :blush: but I also meant the campaign length and lack of replayability mentioned in the article means that you're probably better off waiting a week or two for preowned. As long as it's a good game, I'd have no qualms getting it, but similar to the Evil Within, I won't pay full price.

I looks good but not good enough to drop £40-50 as some people have already said. It's tricky because I don't need this to have multiplayer, even co-op isn't necessary. But the complete lack of re-playability, I dunno...just doesn't seem worth what they're asking for. Which is a shame because it looks like they've crafted something pretty fantastic.

It's a shame they couldn't have just put in a horde mode, at least.

• 3 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!