NEurope
Storing Your Games

Personally, it's game cases all the way. Everything just looks so neat, lined on your shelf like a series of books.

The "wallets" or "cakes" should only be used with tv series or those other situations where you have more discs than you'd like. Alternatively, if you don't have the original cases for whatever reason.

I have games, dvds and CDs in all of their original casings/boxes. We have a big tv storage and display unit with plenty of space to house all of this stuff. I wouldn't like to put games in wallets and I imagine it's a pain having to go through it when you can't instantly see where things are.

Digitally. Everything should be digital!

Shame you can't do it for old games like you can DVDs.

But anyway, I keep cases where I have them. I'm just trying to keep the amount I actually own down.

In the case of games that are available at retail I'll always go for the boxed product, all the boxes look really nice when they are organised on a shelf, although I have been running out of space for some time now, so I've ordered more storage. :p

Once I've sorted everything out I'll take a picture and post it here. :)

As for digital games, I do have quite a sizeable library of Virtual Console titles which I like to keep organised - at least on my 3DS - in folders where they are categorised by format and game series. :geek:

I have the cases containing my DS, 3DS, GameCube, Wii, 360, PS3 and Wii U games sitting on my secondary desk, standing about 1.2m tall

My N64 and before games are in a box under my sofa.

I will not go digitally, because if the company goes under, and you lose your files, you're well and truly screwed

I moved all my movies into dvd wallets a few years ago and threw away the boxes. I ended up regretting it. It saved on space but without being able to see the movies on my shelf I just stopped watching them.

I keep everything in their original boxes. Even PC games that are essentially the game files on a disc and a key for the digital version (I only got them on disc because they were cheaper than the digital version).

Music, all of my CD's i own are in the cases on a storage rack by the side of my desk. Just gathering dust, because all of my tunes are on the PC/S4 so i don't need to listen to them.

Games, unless they are download are all in boxes. DS/Gamecube/Gameboy are in several shoe boxes in a cupboard. NES/Megadrive games/consoles are in the attic and are in original boxes wherever possible. Wii/U/360/3DS games are in the cupboard in original boxes (again, wherever possible).

Movie-wise, all DVD's (unless in special edition boxes/box-sets/seasons) are in a 100 disk storage wallet by the side of the special editions in my cupboard on a shelf. Blu-rays are all in original boxes and are on the shelf with the other disks. I only did this to save space, don't regret it at all.

I have the cases containing my DS, 3DS, GameCube, Wii, 360, PS3 and Wii U games sitting on my secondary desk, standing about 1.2m tall

My N64 and before games are in a box under my sofa.

I will not go digitally, because if the company goes under, and you lose your files, you're well and truly screwed

If you lose/damage your physical game you are screwed. It's gone.

You can't lose or damage your digital data. You can just redownload it again. Unless we're talking Nintendo here, who don't really have much of a clue with regards to online yet.

If you lose/damage your physical game you are screwed. It's gone.

You can't lose or damage your digital data. You can just redownload it again. Unless we're talking Nintendo here, who don't really have much of a clue with regards to online yet.

Not if the company goes under

Not if the company goes under

The games are still downloaded to your hard drive, so you still have them unless we're talking Steam which has online checks (which no doubt would be lifted in the one in a million chance it was going to go bust). And you can back your data up to external drives in many cases - not true with physical games (at least they wouldn't play back).

Digital content is a lot safer than physical copies, generally speaking.

Or they don't have a decent account system.

Yup, I mentioned that in the case of Nintendo but I think they're the exception. Even so, their system is still fairly similar to buying a physical copy - if you lose your 3DS with the retail game inside, you lose both system and game. If you lose the 3DS with the SD card with your game on, you lose the system and game. The kicker is if you have a lot of online content tied to your 3DS as you'd lose it all.

They could make the online account far superior to physical copies, but they've yet to do so.

Edited by Sheikah

I'd rather be the one responsible for the safety of my own purchases, honestly. Digital depends too much on factors I have no influence on.