Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Things you like that everybody hates

MoogleViper

I love The Big Bang Theory and I actually think it's got better over time. Dan used to be really snobby about it until he watched a few episodes. He still makes out he doesn't like it but then gets upset when I watch it without him :laughing:. Also, from teaching children with autism it's really interesting to see how well they portray Sheldon with that behaviour.

@Diageo I do think they play on some stereotypes, but they're portrayed in a positive light.

I also watch Glee :red: ... but sometimes skip through the songs :cool:.

Yeah I agree, I think Amy Farrah Fowler brings a lot. It's also nice that they've clearly gone and researched science to make some of the jokes/sketches. Appreciated by me anyway. :p

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Emma - i used to watch glee, then i started skipping through the songs, then some of the story-segments, then MOST of the story segments... theeeen i wondered what the heck i was doing. haha.

i guess lots of people like youtube videos, but i know that watching vlogs of youtubers i follow is one of those things that randomly drives @Jamba crazy... i really enjoy them!! then again, i usually think that if i actually knew ijustine IRL, she'd annoy the crap out of me (and i her..) *shrug*

but....ok.... *inhale* are you ready? ready for the thing i secretly love that i'm so ashamed of i NEVER listen without headphones??

ok...

yep. this guy:

Me-Jeremy-Kyle-And-Judge-Judy-Oh-And-Some-Work.jpg

:blank:

*deletes self from existence*

My girlfriend watches that occasionally (yeah yeah) and while I strongly dislike the man himself on a personal level, the people on the show can be pretty hilarious.

Some of the people really are like animals on it. It wouldn't phase me at all if David Attenborough narrated the show to explain to the rest of us folk what was actually happening.

Favourite bit is when a woman with a child of unknown paternity is 100% sure it's her current partner's. Then it isn't.

I may be a bit evil think this is more than a bit funny...

Well, everybody knows I love Glee and musicals and I'm not afraid to say it either (although some people would be). I like anything to do with Glee, songs included. I also agree with @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane when it comes to Dream On. As much as I love Aerosmith, there's no denying that NPH sings it amazingly!

I also love The Big Bang Theory and I don't get why people are hating on people who like it. Big fucking deal, someone likes something you don't. Get over it, take out that massive rod up your arse and move on from it. I don't think that it shows geeks in a negative light either though. There genuinely are people out there like that, I've met a few of them and, although some are very smart, they lack common sense. Also, to all of those who didn't know, I'm pretty sure that the actress who plays Amy Farrah Fowler (who is my favourite character in the whole show, might I add) is an actual scientist of some sort.

I love the Burton trio as well. Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp and Tim Burton are all awesome and I love them. I also liked the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and thought that it was pretty close to the books.

I also liked Shameless, although the last couple of seasons were utter shite.

The last episode of Dexter. I liked it but I didn't but I'm fairly happy with it.

I love trash TV like Jeremy Kyle and Maury and I'd love to meet Judge Judy!

This next part isn't something everybody hates but more everybody disagrees on: The new Star Trek is FAR superior to the old movies and it's absolutely nothing to do with the fact there's action in it, I just genuinely loved the story. The one that is close to it would be First Contact but yeah...sorry Trekkies! Oh and I'm not a Trekkie and I've not seen Into Darkness yet.

I loved the new A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Obviously it's nowhere near as good as the old one but it's still good nonetheless.

Also, to all of those who didn't know, I'm pretty sure that the actress who plays Amy Farrah Fowler (who is my favourite character in the whole show, might I add) is an actual scientist of some sort.

Indeed, Mayim Bialik has a PhD in neuroscience; she was even referenced in the show for that very reason before her character was introduced.

I quite like Radio 1.

A mate's girlfriend and I had a little gleeful moment where we realised we both like the radio. We both agreed that most people think it's the same 10 songs repeated non-stop, whilst ignoring the varied content each presenter's show can have.

Then another mate came and joined us in teh smoking area and said "radio 1? Aw I hate that, they just repeat the same 10 songs over and over..." to which me and mate's-girl exchanged a knowing look.

ALSO! Admitting I frequent a nintendo forum. That's a hard one to reveal to people who used to think nintendo were for kids and are now for fat elderly people. Trying to say "but I've been there for a decade and the people are like actual friends!!" isn't any easier to explain...

Ha, it's funny you should mention the forum thing, I just said something in passing about it a few days ago at work and they were like '...a Nintendo forum'? I sometimes forget that some of the things I find completely normal aren't necessarily normal to others because I'm always in such a bubble :p This is especially true when it comes to people asking what music I'm into at the moment and I realise I've had a slightly embarrasing Kpop binge for the last 6 months.

Aaaanyway, I have an unhealthy love for this utterly terrible ITV show called Dinner Date. It's so bad I love it. Every day that I'm off and have lunch I'll put it on. It's pretty much an even cheaper version of Come Dine With Me where one girl or guy has to go on 3 dinner dates hosted by 3 different people looking for love and then at the end has to choose the best one who they will take to a romantic restaurant whilst the other 2 will be sent a microwave meal.

The people on it are generally always such morons and it genuinely makes me happy to be single :p What's more shocking is the fact that all these 25-30 year olds are just so desperate to get into a relationship.

I'm gonna go eat a microwave meal now and cry myself to sleep. Like I said, so fucking happy.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!