Avengers: Age of Ultron

Happenstance

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabeth Olsen Joins The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Samuel L. Jackson today confirmed that Elizabeth Olsen has joined the cast of The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, the star – who plays Nick Fury in the Marvel movies – said “I know we’re shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms Olsen, but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven’t seen a script.”

Olsen was previously in talks to play Scartlet Witch in the movie, so it now looks like that’s a done deal.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron his screens worldwide in the summer of 2015.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/elizabeth-olsen-joins-the-avengers-age-of-ultron

• 2 months later...

There are a few reports coming in that War Machine is gonna be in this film...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/12/will-don-cheadles-war-machine-be-in-avengers-age-of-ultron

Don Cheadle was nominated for a Golden Globe today for his Showtime series House of Lies, so good for him! And during the flurry of awards coverage that followed, a report emerged this afternoon indicating that the actor will be taking his Iron Man character Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes/War Machine/Iron Patriot for a spin in the Avengers sequel, Age of Ultron.

USA Today states the following in their Golden Globes report: “[He] has a part to film in the next Avengers movie and then over the next few months will prepare to star in and direct a highly-anticipated Miles Davis biopic.”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/12/colonel-james-rhodes-is-part-of-the-avengers-age-of-ultron/

I can be more specific about Don Cheadle and Rhodey, however. Both actor and character are certainly on the docket for the sequel. How big of a role? I wish I knew, but I’m glad he’ll be in there.

There’s not going to be too much fat on the structure of Age of Ultron, so Whedon will have put in Rhodey for a good reason. Any speculation as to what the role might involve? Will War Machine be recruited as a fill in for Iron Man, perhaps…?

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/confirmed-don-cheadle-will-suit-up-again-as-war-machine-for-avengers-age-of-ultron#ErAY1ZuSUFadrIhP.99

Bleeding Cool reported a rumor today that Rhodey (Don Cheadle) will play a part in the film, and HitFix can confirm that Col. Rhodes, aka War Machine, has a key role in the conflict with Ultron that is the main focus of the sequel.

If this is true I really, really, really hope that it's War Machine and not Iron Patriot who IMO is truly and utterly awful!... in complete contrast to War Machine!

Do you think there's any chance Ultron comes from the War Machine suit, being silver?

Having said that, maybe he'll just show up/cameo in the final fight.

Edited by Retro_Link

Although I think Don Cheadle is signed for a few more films? but I don't know.

Certainly he could start off this film filling the gap for the 'retired' Iron Man, and his death would be a way to get Tony back in the field. Although another death just to convince someone to do something?

Certainly he could start off this film filling the gap for the 'retired' Iron Man

Ooh, I sort of like that idea, though I don't want them to kill him off. Also, whether Tony's actually retired is still a bit vague; he kicked his habit of making suits instead of dealing with his problems, yes, but there wasn't really anything in the way of him building a new suit. I sort of got the feeling from the last scene when he's driving away with Dummy that he's turning over a new leaf and starting from scratch, new inventions and all; he is still Iron Man, after all.

• 1 month later...

Oh that actor is actually the voice of Jarvis!! I didn't realise.

Very interesting :)

So will Vision be the 'anti-Ultron'?... created by Stark from Jarvis to combat the rogue Ultron?

It feels like a lot to all happen in one film, and makes me think there must be very little build up to Ultron in this movie, and maybe we'll actually see hints of it possible in the post Winter Soldier scene (with Guardians being set on the other side of the universe it seems more likely that post credits scene will be more Thanos related than something happening on Earth).

Just read that in the comics Vision and Scarlett Witch hook up.

Edited by Retro_Link

(with Guardians being set on the other side of the universe it seems more likely that post credits scene will be more Thanos related than something happening on Earth).

I'm almost certain that Thanos is the badguy in Gaurdians, with that film also serving as an origin/intro story for him?

I'm almost certain that Thanos is the badguy in Gaurdians, with that film also serving as an origin/intro story for him?
I think they've just said he'll have a presence in that movie, in that yeah it will largely be his intro/origin story, but he won't be the focus bad guy. Just the guy again pulling the strings.

Although I think Don Cheadle is signed for a few more films? but I don't know.

Certainly he could start off this film filling the gap for the 'retired' Iron Man, and his death would be a way to get Tony back in the field. Although another death just to convince someone to do something?

Maybe he'll come back as Captain Planet, we already know he can pull it off.

Apparently Ms. Marvel is the last piece of the puzzle...

http://latino-review.com/2014/02/avengers-update-paul-bettany-vision-playing-miss-marvel/

Busy day for superhero movie news!

It’s official, the news broke tonight that Paul Bettany aka Jarvis from the Iron Man movies is going to play The Vision in Avengers: Age Of Ultron. So much for those Vin Diesel rumors.

Now, I was going to drop the following on twitter as one of my free Marvel twitter scoops but too many folks are embedding my tweets into their own news stories so I might as well keep the Marvel stuff in house.

Oh yeah, Ms. Marvel is the last piece of major casting left in the movie. Yeah, Ms. Marvel. Now, I’m not going to spoil HOW she is in it, but she is in there kids. The question now is who is going to play her? Katee Sackhoff was originally rumored so it will be interesting to see who Marvel gets for that part.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/13/feige-black-widows-past-to-be-explored-in-avengers-2-and-possible-solo-film

Feige: Black Widow's Past to be Explored in Avengers 2 and Possible Solo Film

She's a "very big" part of Age of Ultron.

With Marvel’s schedule apparently mapped out until 2021, we’re likely to get films that spotlight smaller players in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (not just you, Ant-Man). And according to Marvel president Kevin Feige, that could include a Black Widow solo film.

In an interview with Total Film, Feige told the magazine that Black Widow’s past will be explored in Marvel’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron. He added that he would also like to bring that plot point into her own solo film.

“We start filming the next Avengers film at the end of March,” Feige told the magazine, “[black] Widow's part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."

Feige says that the landscape of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will change during the course of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and the Avengers sequel will take off from there. He goes on to say that he wants to mimic the “rhythm” of the comic books, with the characters appearing in their own solo films, then teaming up for a “big event or crossover series.”

But first, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow will play a major role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which opens April 4.

All these characters and still Black Widow has a very big role AND some of her back story is explained!! wasn't expecting that! If anything I'd have thought she'd take a bit of a back seat for the new characters having a big role in Captain America.

Make this 3hrs long Marvel!! :D

What portion of time will this film be set in? As well as Days of Future Past? As we've got two Quicksilver actors here. Or are they going to play the alternative reality thing?

The X-Men movies have no relation to the Avengers movies. Fox owns the rights to X-Men and mutants but Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were in a batch Fox allowed to be used apparently. The word mutant very likely will never be mentioned in an Avengers movie.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to see how they will introduce Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and explain their powers and lineage in the Marvel Movie Universe. Hoping they might get introduced in Agents of SHIELD. Cant see them appearing in any of the films before Avengers 2 and think there would be too much to explain about them that could distract from the bigger picture if their first appearance was in Avengers2..... Then again I'm sute Marvel can prove me wrong haha

I only say SHIELD becaue it is there that they seem to be introducing the idea of "gifted people" (ie: mutants), so it just seems like they could be running with it from that angle. Unless maybe they make a cameo somewhere in Cap2 but I just feel they need something more along the lines of Black Widows appearance in Iron Man 2 and not something like Hawkeyes cameo in Thor1.... its just one of the things I loved bout Avengers 1 was all characters were known so there was little messing about with introductions and explaining who people were, would be nice if Avengers 2 was the same (bar of course Ultron) "hey here's a bunch of heroes/people we've introduced you to already....now here's a giant ass threat to the Earth.....action and one liners for 2.5 hours :D)

Scarlett Witch is going to look awesome I reckon once all the effects kick in!

I'm a bit confused as to Quicksilver... ok so that costume is more comic accurate, but the concept art did look a bit cooler. Will his hair turn 'silver' at some point during the film or just when he's using his powers I wonder or was the concept just a concept. His hair looks weird with the dark roots and facial hair...

Maybe he has two different looks in the film, and that costume will be for the final battle.

Quicksilver-Avengers1.jpg

ultron-avengers.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!