N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

This conversation is all that is wrong with the Wii U... platformers, platformers and platformers!

It's not really a bad thing in one sense. It shows that there is some strength in this area on the system. If there was the same kind of depth with sports games, racers, etc, then all would be fine.

Needs more of this diverse range of genres and styles...

colour.jpg

The Order 1886 - Interesting setting and heavily story driven action game

Evolve - co-operative first person shooter

Bloodborne - Action role playing game

The Division - (not even out yet) massively multiplayer online action shooter

Shadow of Mordor - open world adventure game

The Witcher 3 - action role playing game

Dark souls 2 - hack and slash rpg

Batman Arkham Knight - action/adventure open world

Dying Light - open world survival horror

The Evil Within - Survival horror

Judging by what you've listed, according to their genres, the only two that are alike are The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne...which are nothing alike. Thank you for highlighting the diverse range of genres, themes and settings and for reminding me that The Witcher 3 and Batman are both out soon (as well as potential game of the year Bloodborne).

“In this games business, the axiom is that software drives hardware, and we’ve seen that over our 30+ year experience in this category,” Fils-Aime said.

Another gem quote from Reggie. So where are the games Reggie? A 5 month drought isn't going to drive anything, well it might drive people away.

I'd love some of those big 3rd party games instead of the never ending small scale 2D sidescrolling indie games we're getting.

Another gem quote from Reggie. So where are the games Reggie? A 5 month drought isn't going to drive anything, well it might drive people away.

I'd love some of those big 3rd party games instead of the never ending small scale 2D sidescrolling indie games we're getting.

5 month drought...for you.

You're dismissing releases just because you don't like them. Stop it. If you're going to make grandiose statements in regards to the state of releases, you can't just ignore ones that don't fit your own personal opinions.

Let's do a rundown of Nintendo published releases since January last year, shall we? We'll go by Europe and retail only

February: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

May: Mario Kart 8

July: Wii Sports Club

September: Hyrule Warriors

October: Bayonetta 2

November: Super Smash Bros.

January: Captain Toad Treasure Trackers

March: Mario Party 10

March: Mario VS Donkey Kong Tipping Stars (Retail presence different to the download cards some stores sell, but you can not count it if you wish)

May: Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush

May: Splatoon

So, where's this 5 month drought?

Edited by Serebii

The Order 1886 - Interesting setting and heavily story driven action game

Evolve - co-operative first person shooter

Bloodborne - Action role playing game

The Division - (not even out yet) massively multiplayer online action shooter

Shadow of Mordor - open world adventure game

The Witcher 3 - action role playing game

Dark souls 2 - hack and slash rpg

Batman Arkham Knight - action/adventure open world

Dying Light - open world survival horror

The Evil Within - Survival horror

You carry on scraping the bottom of that barrel for differentiations. Now do the same for NintendoLand, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker, 3D World, Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, Smash Bros. With X, Mario Maker and Starfox on the way. THAT is variety. So not quite...

This conversation is all that is wrong with the Wii U... platformers, platformers and platformers!

Funny how the Wii U had 4 GOTY contenders last year. What a shit system.

You carry on scraping the bottom of that barrel for differentiations. Now do the same for NintendoLand, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker, 3D World, Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, Smash Bros. With X, Mario Maker and Starfox on the way. THAT is variety. So not quite...

Funny how the Wii U had 4 GOTY contenders last year. What a shit system.

You handpicked some games to say the PS4 isn't diverse then handpicked some to say Wii U is. You can't have it both ways.

Besides, we were having a nice chat about platformers before you decided to bring up the PS4 for no reason.

You handpicked some games to say the PS4 isn't diverse then handpicked some to say Wii U is. You can't have it both ways.

Besides, we were having a nice chat about platformers before you decided to bring up the PS4 for no reason.

I handpicked the biggest AAA games on PS4, without even mentioning yet more shooters like COD, Killzone, Battlefield and Far Cry and then handpicked the biggest games on Wii U.

Pretty much what Ashley said.

You went full retard and your plan to claim that the list of games you posted weren't diverse essentially backfired.

I handpicked the biggest AAA games on PS4, without even mentioning yet more shooters like COD, Killzone, Battlefield and Far Cry and then handpicked the biggest games on Wii U.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when you're trying to compare Battlefield and Far Cry.

This conversation is all that is wrong with the PS4... shooters, 3rd person action games and more shooters! Oh and every game releasing broken or buggy.

You didn't include some of its biggest sellers (Destiny, Knack -rubbish as it is-, Infamous) because you wanted to make some kind of pissy point.

Your second post, which was actually about the topic at hand, is fine. Your first post just goes to show how little you have to actually contribute to conversations.

This conversation is all that is wrong with the PS4... shooters, 3rd person action games and more shooters! Oh and every game releasing broken or buggy.

This is the Wii U thread. Stop trying to fucking talk about the PS4!

5 month drought...for you.

You're dismissing releases just because you don't like them. Stop it. If you're going to make grandiose statements in regards to the state of releases, you can't just ignore ones that don't fit your own personal opinions.

Let's do a rundown of Nintendo published releases since January last year, shall we? We'll go by Europe and retail only

February: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

May: Mario Kart 8

July: Wii Sports Club

September: Hyrule Warriors

October: Bayonetta 2

November: Super Smash Bros.

January: Captain Toad Treasure Trackers

March: Mario Party 10

March: Mario VS Donkey Kong Tipping Stars (Retail presence different to the download cards some stores sell, but you can not count it if you wish)

May: Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush

May: Splatoon

So, where's this 5 month drought?

I should have reiterated what I've said before. I meant a 5 month drought between big releases. Capper Turd came out in December but let's go with the start of January so. The next big game will be Splatoon which if rumours are true has been delayed until July in Europe. So that'll be 7 months. The other 3 games I'll be polite, I don't care for and aren't great.

Do you own a PS4 and have you played any of the games?

I am not a fan of shooters and don't play them, yet I have still have had more fun playing games on the PS4 (games which are very diverse) than I have on the Wii U. And I consider myself a Nintendo fan, even if they have let me down lately.

Your posts make it look like you don't know what you are talking about and just grasping at straws... Don't judge what you don't know.

You didn't include some of its biggest sellers (Destiny, Knack -rubbish as it is-, Infamous) because you wanted to make some kind of pissy point.

Apologies, I forgot Destiny, another shooter. And Infamous, another 3rd person action game. And Rainbow Six and Overwatch on the way.

You can accuse the Wii U of a lot of things, but a lack of diversity isn't one of them.

I should have reiterated what I've said before. I meant a 5 month drought between big releases. Capper Turd came out in December but let's go with the start of January so. The next big game will be Splatoon which if rumours are true has been delayed until July in Europe. So that'll be 7 months. The other 3 games I'll be polite, I don't care for and aren't great.

Captain Toad's official release was still January 2nd, despite GAME getting the go ahead to sell it early.

You're moving goalposts like crazy.

Also, Splatoon won't be delayed and while your opinion is valid to games you purchase, it's not when you're making a factual statement claiming there are droughts where no drought exists.

Needs more of this diverse range of genres and styles...

colour.jpg

This old argument? Again? How about this for variety on PS4 then?

1053808370_527531098_o.jpg

Limbo.jpg

cover_large.jpg

plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-08-700x393.jpg

4547-ccd90f54_680_400.jpg

Driveclub_art1.jpg

fez-logo.jpg

cover_large.jpg

Hohokum:

hohokum-screen-4-us-10jun14?$MediaCarousel_Original$

Lone Survivor:

LoneSurvivor1.png

Never Alone:

vl_grandpa_1.0.0.jpg

Resogun:

gaming-resogun-screenshot-3.jpg

I wouldn't say the Wii U has a diverse range. The biggest genre I miss is sports titles. I'd love a PES and a PGA Tour game.

Sports actually covers a massive range, too.

The last football title I believe was...FIFA13? Is that right? It wasn't even a good FIFA!

I was looking forward to the evolution of PES as it was godly on the Wii.

This old argument? Again? How about this for variety on PS4 then?

1053808370_527531098_o.jpg

Limbo.jpg

cover_large.jpg

plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-08-700x393.jpg

4547-ccd90f54_680_400.jpg

Driveclub_art1.jpg

fez-logo.jpg

cover_large.jpg

Hohokum:

hohokum-screen-4-us-10jun14?$MediaCarousel_Original$

Lone Survivor:

LoneSurvivor1.png

Never Alone:

vl_grandpa_1.0.0.jpg

Resogun:

gaming-resogun-screenshot-3.jpg

Thank god for indies! Or modern gaming really would be in a sorry state.

Sports actually covers a massive range, too.

The last football title I believe was...FIFA13? Is that right? It wasn't even a good FIFA!

I was looking forward to the evolution of PES as it was godly on the Wii.

It was brilliant and that was despite them running the games on an old PS2 engine. They could have done so much with the Wii U.

FIFA 13 is the only football game on the Wii U and you're right it's not the best, it was a lazy effort by EA.

There's other sports games too like the obligatory Madden game.