Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Call Amazon first, explain the price differemce, ask them to reimburse or you'll return it. They'll probably do a partial refind.

I'll try Amazon online chat thing.

Edit - They're telling me they won't price match.

Edited by Ramar

Amazon won't budge on price matching. And I bottled it when the Wii U arrived this morning and opened it up. I guess I'll take the hit this time. Curse my luck. :(

Even more unlucky considering the £280 PS4 deals on Amazon yesterday. And the Arsenal result.against Southampton. They say bad luck comes in threes, so that should be it now for you for a while.

Even more unlucky considering the £280 PS4 deals on Amazon yesterday. And the Arsenal result.against Southampton. They say bad luck comes in threes, so that should be it now for you for a while.

Karma kicking me in the balls for getting my 3DSXL for £115. What I saved that day I lost today.

You may want to try again. I've just checked HotUKDeals and apparently Amazon have now matched the Tesco price.

On it now mate, thanks for the heads up.

Edit - £26 refund negotiated.

I think I'll buy Smash bros with that.

Edited by Ramar

Bill Trinen Says There’s No Main Mario Game Launching This Year

Looks like we won’t be seeing a mainline 3D Mario title for the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS in 2015. The news was confirmed by Nintendo of America’s Bill Trinen who said in an interview that the company doesn’t have a sequel to Super Mario 3D World planned for release this year. However, we are getting the intriguing Mario Maker on Wii U and Mario Party 10, so that’s something.

Mario games release more frequently but we don’t have a new Mario game this year so it’s not an annual event. The teams focus on how they can recreate the gameplay experience or introduce new ideas to those games, which is what they did with NES Remix, for example.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/04/bill-trinen-says-theres-no-main-mario-game-launching-this-year/

http://www.rgj.com/story/life/2015/01/02/nintendo-making-perfect-game-retro-gaming-technobubble/20642751/

Added to Iwata's earlier quotes, we probably won't see one until the new console launches in 2016.

Considering they're typically 1 per series per console, this doesn't surprise me

Considering they're typically 1 per series per console, this doesn't surprise me

There were 3 on the NES, 2 on the SNES (2nd one was obviously different to the first one) and 2 Mario Galaxy games on the Wii..1 per console was only for the N64 and GC. In fact, they actually started making a second game for the N64 but there were too many issues caused by the 64 DD.

It's a shame they haven't released a single player focused Mario game like they did with their other consoles. They finally have a big jump in hardware power and those single player Mario games are huge system sellers. It's bizarre to think they've abandoned those games this generation and just focused on games which tend to have higher attach ratios..it's as if they knew nothing would sell the Wii U. It's very disheartening because I purchased the Wii U for the next 64/Sunshine/Galaxy game. :(

Shigeru Miyamoto Confirms Playable Star Fox for E3, a Future for F-Zero and More

During December last year Shigeru Miyamoto and Bill Trinen filmed with some hugely popular YouTube channels, in turn reaching millions of subscribers. The most followed of those was Smosh Games, with over 5.5 million subscribers; Nintendo of America tweeted the appearance on 19th December. The video has now been uploaded, and Miyamoto-san gave a few interesting updates for the year ahead.

The video kicks off with the channel's crew and Miyamoto-san playing a few rounds of Mario Kart 8, but arguably the most interesting segment is the interview. Miyamoto-san outlines promising progress - from his perspective - on a host of projects, and some particular comments shed new light. When asked about F-Zero, it was stated that the franchise may return once the right controller interface becomes available; naturally we aren't clued in on specifics. Also, it was confirmed that Star Fox for Wii U will be playable at E3 this year, and it was explained again that the dual screen setup (GamePad and TV) will allow for cinematic moments to blend with continuous gameplay.

It's a worthwhile watch, even if Miyamoto-san does tease 'more' Wii U games that he can't talk about. The Smosh Games crew were clearly starstruck, and the popular channel has also announced that it'll be running a weekly show (on Mondays) dedicated to all things Super Smash Bros.

It was certainly smart of Nintendo to make these high profile appearances with prominent YouTubers, and we've been able to pick up snippets of information too. Check it out below and let us know what you think.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/shigeru_miyamoto_confirms_playable_star_fox_for_e3_a_future_for_f_zero_and_more

Seems a bit bizarre the comment about F-Zero needing the right controller before it'll make a return. The gamepad is like the swiss army knife of gaming. It has nearly everything. The only thing I can think of that it's lacking is analogue buttons.

'Once the right controller interface becomes available'

What the fuck does that mean?!

They have the classic controller, they have Wiimotes, they have the Gamepad, they even have a touch screen!

If there's one thing Nintendo aren't lacking it's controller interfaces and yet he doesn't feel they have the right one?!!!

Mind blown.

What's the latest on 90's Arcade Racer?

I couldn't tell you. I think it's been at least a year since anything was last heard about it. It could well be cancelled which would be a shame because it looked really promising.

There were 3 on the NES, 2 on the SNES (2nd one was obviously different to the first one) and 2 Mario Galaxy games on the Wii..1 per console was only for the N64 and GC. In fact, they actually started making a second game for the N64 but there were too many issues caused by the 64 DD.

It's a shame they haven't released a single player focused Mario game like they did with their other consoles. They finally have a big jump in hardware power and those single player Mario games are huge system sellers. It's bizarre to think they've abandoned those games this generation and just focused on games which tend to have higher attach ratios..it's as if they knew nothing would sell the Wii U. It's very disheartening because I purchased the Wii U for the next 64/Sunshine/Galaxy game. :(

Yoshi's Island wasn't supposed to be Super Mario World 2, though (In fact, I think it isn't even called that in Japan, though I might be wrong on that).

Also, I think 3D World is a perfectly worthy mainline Mario. Sure, it ain't Galaxy, but I also don't think they should make one just for the sales.

What is also strange is that F-Zero is the exception and has to bring something new to the table to see a revival when nearly every other game they've released on Wii U thus far has been more of the same. Besides, why mess with perfection?

No way is it more like Galaxy.

I'm talking level design. The stages in it are as linear as 3D World's, it just lacks a flag and has a star. The stages are sectioned off but this time instead of cannons and clear pipes connecting them, you have the launch stars.

Galaxy is just 3D World with space style and single player. Not saying it's a bad game, far from it, but let's not kid ourselves. The stages aren't open like Super Mario 64 and Sunshine.

I'm talking level design. The stages in it are as linear as 3D World's, it just lacks a flag and has a star. The stages are sectioned off but this time instead of cannons and clear pipes connecting them, you have the launch stars.

Galaxy is just 3D World with space style and single player. Not saying it's a bad game, far from it, but let's not kid ourselves. The stages aren't open like Super Mario 64 and Sunshine.

Super Mario 64 and Sunshine shared a similar level design ethos with plenty of exploration.

I found Galaxy and 3D World to be very similar in the way they were focused on smaller environments and tasks.

Super Mario 64 and Sunshine shared a similar level design ethos with plenty of exploration.

I found Galaxy and 3D World to be very similar in the way they were focused on smaller environments and tasks.

My point exactly, which is why I was always confused when people said they'd have preferred another Galaxy over 3D World. Only thing 3D World lacks compared to Galaxy is the gravity mechanics

Agree on that, Galaxy and SM3DW are pretty similar in their contained, 'bitesize' sort of style (in Galaxy you move between small, self-contained planets for the most part in a linear fashion). Galaxy had the whole gravity/space theme working for it though.

I'd like a Mario game on an epic scale, like Mario 64 but bigger. :D