NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Personally I find that list completely underwhelming, with about 5 games that interest me.

@Serebii I appreciate you completely ignoring my request for you to make your lists in the appropriate thread.

@Zechs Merquise if you'd have put any names to your insults you'd have a warning to your name right now.

Personally I find that list completely underwhelming, with about 5 games that interest me.

@Serebii I appreciate you completely ignoring my request for you to make your lists in the appropriate thread.

@Zechs Merquise if you'd have put any names to your insults you'd have a warning to your name right now.

Didn't see it until I posted. You're welcome to move it :)

If you are not happy with Nintendo games then don't get it.

Not happy with current Nintendo games (tried some at a mate's).

If you like what you see, then get a Wii U. ;)

Only two games that I would like.

Nah, no reason to get a Wii U, especially at the current price.

Only two games that I would like.
Which 2 games?

I'll have a guess...

Monster Hunter and X? :hehe:

Not Nintendo IPs. They were owned and published by Rare.

Right, fair enough. I must confess, when I saw your initial list I just assumed those were the new IPs of the generation (affiliation aside), because a lot of them weren't actually made by Nintendo.

Not that it means much now, but the saddening bit that I was referring to before was all the new stuff I remember on the N64, not just Nintendo's published/made stuff.

Which 2 games?

I'll have a guess...

Monster Hunter and X? :hehe:

:p

ZombiU and Smash Bros.

ZombiU and Smash Bros.
:o Wow! Thought Monster Hunter was a dead cert, what with you loving Dark Souls. :blank:

Surprising.

:o Wow! Thought Monster Hunter was a dead cert, what with you loving Dark Souls. :blank:

Surprising.

Yeah, I thought that as well. That's why I bought the 3DS version. I sold it after 20 hours of play time.

Don't know. Just didn't click for me.

Yeah, I thought that as well. That's why I bought the 3DS version. I sold it after 20 hours of play time.

Don't know. Just didn't click for me.

Well after 20 hours you'd have barely scratched the surface of the game. :D

Also, I hated it on 3DS and found the Wii U version far superior. So yeah, that probably didn't help either. ::shrug:

Well after 20 hours you'd have barely scratched the surface of the game. :D

Maybe :p But I didn't want to go on ::shrug:

Anyway, maybe some far away day I'll try again :)

i gave up on monster hunter too, it was too devoid of story and any real point to me, and the thought of "it only gets good 50 hours into it" scared the crap out of me

i guess for some of us its not the best of games

and yeti'm gonna buy monster hunter 4 when its released....i'm mad

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Not the arguing and petty fighting bit, but I do find it interesting what was exclusive and published on various platforms and stuff.

This place has become a bit of a parody lately how everything turns back to the same conversations... it's like an even shitter version of waiting for godot!! But waiting for game-o!!

Anyways! I've pretty much done Donkey Kong Country on the wii u and don't know what to play next (I like to have at least one game going on every console (with the wii u one of every format - retail, eshop, vc - OCD!!>>!!>!!>!). Shall I get back into W101 as I stopped half way through, same with Lego City, or get stuck into Splinter Cell, Batman origins or Deus Ex?!?!

Anyways! I've pretty much done Donkey Kong Country on the wii u and don't know what to play next (I like to have at least one game going on every console (with the wii u one of every format - retail, eshop, vc - OCD!!>>!!>!!>!). Shall I get back into W101 as I stopped half way through, same with Lego City, or get stuck into Splinter Cell, Batman origins or Deus Ex?!?!

Finish the games you have first as they are both great fun! Then you've a clearer run in for Mario Kart. :awesome:

Finish the games you have first as they are both great fun! Then you've a clearer run in for Mario Kart. :awesome:
Actually yeah do this. Deus Ex requires your utmost time and attention.

That is an amazing list, thanks @Serebii.

Also, all the dickheads who said there weren't any hardcore games on the Wii need to pull their heads out of their arses - Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best (and biggest) games ever made.

It's on the scale of Fallout 3 but with an incredible alien world, huge narrative and an entire ecosystem that you just want to observe and explore. What an immense game.

It's a very popular and boring thing to criticise Nintendo for not making new franchises, but the truth is the opposite. What's more, if you're going to criticise them for not making new franchises then you don't go out and buy games like The Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower then frankly you're part of the problem.

You absolutely need to stop calling people with different views "dickheads", "idiots" and I believe at some point "retards" (but I might be wrong), even if you don't directly name people. Not only does it graze our rules, it competently eradicates any points you make.

Haha, no, just so happens I'm frequently baffled by his comments.

But the thing is, we don't know what it is so how do we know it's out of their comfort zone? Who's to say it won't be a tablet which plays software like brain training and sudoku and such? Plus they have done one (if no THE) biggest singular fitness software ever released so it's not like it's completely alien to them!

I think before venturing into new stuff, Nintendo need to restore their gaming reputation - the main and perhaps only thing Nintendo are known for.

Why waste money on a new venture when your main remit is suffering?

Edited by King_V

Not the arguing and petty fighting bit, but I do find it interesting what was exclusive and published on various platforms and stuff.

This place has become a bit of a parody lately how everything turns back to the same conversations... it's like an even shitter version of waiting for godot!! But waiting for game-o!!

Get back into W101. Im playing through it at the moment and it's immense!!

I always bring this up but never understood why it was done - Kirby's Epic Yarn was originally a completely new IP/seperate game - why oh why did they tack the Kirby brand/badge on it whilst removing what made Kirby so quintessentially so(inhaling, fruit, copy abilities) instead of just leaving it as its own new IP?

I think before venturing into new stuff, Nintendo need to restore their gaming reputation - the main and perhaps only thing Nintendo are known for.

But...what even is that reputation anymore? Is it still relevant? How are they doing to do it?

I always bring this up but never understood why it was done - Kirby's Epic Yarn was originally a completely new IP/seperate game - why oh why did they tack the Kirby brand/badge on it whilst removing what made Kirby so quintessentially so(inhaling, fruit, copy abilities) instead of just leaving it as its own new IP?

But...what even is that reputation anymore? Is it still relevant? How are they doing to do it?

Quality games on quality home consoles that has been marketed well enough to make it hotly sought after.

I've just named three key areas above that will help them do that: Quality software, quality hardware and intelligent marketing... Get back to basics.

Because new IPs seldom sell well. It's more financially logical to put new ideas to existing franchises. Nintendo themselves have said this.

Because new IPs seldom sell well. It's more financially logical to put new ideas to existing franchises. Nintendo themselves have said this.

Exactly the problem I, and many others, have. They eradicated a bit of Kirby with that decision - and if they continually sell out they'll devalue the brands. Well, franchise fatigue is somewhat doing that now already.

But surely there has to be a balance? When that existing franchise becomes overused and stale, what next? New IPs are an investment.

Quality games on quality home consoles that has been marketed well enough to make it hotly sought after.

I've just named three key areas above that will help them do that: Quality software, quality hardware and intelligent marketing... Get back to basics.

Simple and effective, I like it! I do feel sometimes like the Wii U's been left out at sea for a bit now - I notice occasional ads for PS4/Sony but never really see owt for the Wii U. It's a shame but I don't think they'll be able to do much with it now until their next console, assuming they make it there(and take the right path going there).