NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

In anticipation of a rebuttal, here's the new IPs since 2006. These are financed by Nintendo, and often co-developed

Endless Ocean

Captain Rainbow

Disaster: Day of Crisis

FlingSmash

Zangeki no Reginleiv

Xenoblade Chronicles

The Last Story

Kiki Trick

Pandora's Tower

Maboshi's Arcade

Eco Shooter: Plant 530

Fluidity

Line Attack Heroes

Sing Party

The Wonderful 101

Art Academy

Hotel Dusk

Master of Illusion

Fossil Fighters

Style Savvy

Nintendo presents: Style Boutique

Tomodachi Collection

Steel Diver

Freakyforms

Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword

Dillon's Rolling Western

Pullblox

Ketzal's Corridors

HarmoKnight

Kersploosh

Tokyo Crash Mobs

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball

Nintendo Pocket Football Club

Among countless other spin-off series of existing IPs. I think I must have missed a dozen or so, too. Yes, some may be download only, but why does that matter? Plus, like I said, some were successful while others not so much.

Edited by Serebii

Isn't xenopblade a new IP? Mario and Sonic olympics?!

Can someone do the same with sony?

Isn't xenopblade a new IP? Mario and Sonic olympics?!

Can someone do the same with sony?

Xenoblade is technically a continuation of the Xenogears and if I put Mario & Sonic in it, I'd have complaints that it's Mario so doesn't count. I didn't list any spin-off series.

I'll get to work on Sony and Microsoft first party IPs, but it's a tricky situation as you never know what new IPs are done by them. Gears, for example, was just an exclusive until recently.

Oh please guys, not some crappy Nintendo vs Sony New IP thing, this isn't the place for it... plus it's boring...

Plus I'm pretty sure @Cube or someone already made a thread in General Gaming that lists exclusive IP last generation.

Also wasn't Endless Ocean on PS2 under a different guise?

A lot of those I have never heard of.

How many of them are for the Wii U?

Since this is the Wii U General Discussion and I'm still searching for a reason to get one (at the current price point) this information might help.

Oh please guys, not some crappy Nintendo vs Sony New IP thing, this isn't the place for it... plus it's boring...

Plus I'm pretty sure @Cube or someone already made a thread in General Gaming that lists exclusive IP last generation.

Also wasn't Endless Ocean on PS2 under a different guise?

No, it wasn't. Everblue was a similar game, but Endless Ocean is a new IP.

A lot of those I have never heard of.

How many of them are for the Wii U?

Since this is the Wii U General Discussion and I'm still searching for a reason to get one (at the current price point) this information might help.

Not too many at the moment. The Wonderful 101 is the only one of note.

Same difference.

Not really. It's a Spiritual Successor. A different IP but a similar game. It's like Mighty No. 9 and Mega Man.

surely wii fit, brain academy and Nintendogs should be mentioned here. Just because this a gamer forum and therefore predominantly blokes between 18-30 you can't ignore what these franchises have done in bringing non-gamers to gaming.

Xenoblade is not a continuation of Xenogears. The only things they share is the word Xeno and that Takahashi directed both. Square owns the IP to Xenogears. Both those games are nothing alike and don't even take place in the same universe. Being funded and published by Nintendo makes it a Nintendo IP.

Xenoblade is not a continuation of Xenogears. The thing they share is that Takahashi directed both. They're nothing alike and don't even take place in the same universe. Being funded and published by Nintendo makes it a Nintendo IP.

I stand corrected. Added to the list :)

surely wii fit, brain academy and Nintendogs should be mentioned here. Just because this a gamer forum and therefore predominantly blokes between 18-30 you can't ignore what these franchises have done in bringing non-gamers to gaming.

Brain Academy and Nintendogs were 2005. Wii Fit is "Wii Series"

In anticipation of a rebuttal, here's the new IPs since 2006. These are financed by Nintendo, and often co-developed

Endless Ocean

Captain Rainbow

FlingSmash

Zangeki no Reginleiv

The Last Story

Kiki Trick

Pandora's Tower

Maboshi's Arcade

Fluidity

Line Attack Heroes

Sing Party

The Wonderful 101

Art Academy

Hotel Dusk

Master of Illusion

Fossil Fighters

Style Savvy

Tomodachi Collection

Steel Diver

Freakyforms

Dillon's Rolling Western

Pullblox

Ketzal's Corridors

HarmoKnight

Kersploosh

Tokyo Crash Mobs

Among countless other spin-off series of existing IPs. I think I must have missed a dozen or so, too. Yes, some may be download only, but why does that matter? Plus, like I said, some were successful while others not so much.

While I can't fault the effort you've put into sourcing that, it makes me very sad that if you were to do a similar thing over the Cube or N64 periods, the list would be perhaps a million times more appetising.

While I can't fault the effort you've put into sourcing that, it makes me very sad that if you were to do a similar thing over the Cube or N64 periods, the list would be perhaps a million times more appetising.

Challenge accepted.

Give me 10 minutes

So are you going to categorise them by console? 2006 to now crosses generations.

This.

This topic is constantly being turned into a warzone. Why can't you just agree that there are good games spread out across ALL the consoles. Some people prefer gameplay over narritive, others like to be drawn in by a good story and are quite happy to let the gameplay take second fiddle.

Let's stop with the list wars. It was never fun and never will be.

1996-2001

Wave Race

Blast Corps (Does Rare own this?)

Goldeneye

1080 Snowboarding

Pokémon

Animal Crossing

Sin & Punishment

Custom Robo

Yes, it was that few, unless you want to count NBA Courtside and Ken Griffy Jr Baseball

2001-2006

Band Brothers

Magical Vacation

Kuru Kuru Kururin

Golden Sun

Tomato Adventure

Sakura Momoko no Ukiuki Carnival

The Legendary Starfy

Drill Dozer

Brain Training

Big Brain Academy

Nintendogs

Elektroplankton

Polarium

Meteos

Eternal Darkness

Doshin the Giant

Geist

Pikmin

Baten Kaitos Origins

Tenchu: Dark Secret

Elite Beat Agents

Eyeshield 21: MAX Devil Power

Rhythm Heaven

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat

Project Hacker

May have missed some, but yeah.

The Nintendo 64 was surprisingly empty of Nintendo releases.

Edit: Oh, now you tell me to shift it :p

Edited by Serebii

Oh god, what have I done. :hmm:

I just wanted to figure out whether I could justify getting a Wii U...

Oh god, what have I done. :hmm:

Yes. If you like Nintendo then get a Wii U. There are enough games out there that justifies the console. If you can get it on the cheap then the better.

If you are not happy with Nintendo games then don't get it.

Endless Ocean

Captain Rainbow

FlingSmash

Zangeki no Reginleiv

Xenoblade Chronicles

The Last Story

Kiki Trick

Pandora's Tower

Maboshi's Arcade

Fluidity

Line Attack Heroes

Sing Party

The Wonderful 101

Art Academy

Hotel Dusk

Master of Illusion

Fossil Fighters

Style Savvy

Tomodachi Collection

Steel Diver

Freakyforms

Dillon's Rolling Western

Pullblox

Ketzal's Corridors

HarmoKnight

Kersploosh

Tokyo Crash Mobs

That is an amazing list, thanks @Serebii.

Also, all the dickheads who said there weren't any hardcore games on the Wii need to pull their heads out of their arses - Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best (and biggest) games ever made.

It's on the scale of Fallout 3 but with an incredible alien world, huge narrative and an entire ecosystem that you just want to observe and explore. What an immense game.

It's a very popular and boring thing to criticise Nintendo for not making new franchises, but the truth is the opposite. What's more, if you're going to criticise them for not making new franchises then you don't go out and buy games like The Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower then frankly you're part of the problem.

@Serebii your list is missing Rare games. Where is Banjo Kazooie? Also I would say for the N64, while some characters/settings are reused, they are so far removed from previous titles that they could almost stand alone.

Watch these:

If you like what you see, then get a Wii U. ;)

@Serebii your list is missing Rare games. Where is Banjo Kazooie? Also I would say for the N64, while some characters/settings are reused, they are so far removed from previous titles that they could almost stand alone.

Not Nintendo IPs. They were owned and published by Rare.