NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

[TWEET]521970908475711488[/TWEET]

[TWEET]521971026817974272[/TWEET]

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, I'll say it clear,

I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.

I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;

But then again, too few to mention.

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;

Each careful step along the byway,

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew.

But through it all, when there was doubt,

I ate it up and spit it out.

I faced it all and I stood tall;

And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.

I've had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside,

I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;

And may I say - not in a shy way,

"Oh no, oh no not me,

I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?

If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels;

And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it my way!

Yes, it was my way.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wii U has had quite a good year, says Nintendo UK marketing boss

Expects to see real growth for the platform this Christmas and beyond.

The "Wii U has had quite a good year so far," Nintendo's UK marketing boss Shelly Pearce has claimed in a new interview with MCV.

Sales of the struggling console are said to be up 60 per cent in the UK this year, which Pearce attributes to to the launch of Mario Kart 8.

"We've really seen momentum pick up with Mario Kart 8 back in May," explained Pearce. "That was when we saw a step change, not just in terms of sales but also people's attitudes to Wii U.

"People are starting to consider buying now, which was cemented by our E3 activity. All the software that we showed then gave people confidence that there were lots of games coming that they wanted."

UK general manager Simon Kemp shares Pearce's positivity about Wii U.

"We've felt a real increase in interest and momentum. Compared to 12 months ago, it does feel noticeably different," said Kemp.

Peace added: "One of the key things for us is that people are staring to realise what software there is, what games they can get this Christmas, but importantly a lot of key stuff that is coming next year, too. It is a really strong line-up."

She concluded: "We are expecting to see real growth from Wii U this Christmas and we will continue to build on that next year".

The big Nintendo games for 2015 are Splatoon, Captain Toad and the new Zelda title, says Pearce.

Hhmmm! I don't want to start picking out the many major flaws in this interview just now but suffice to say it's got more holes than a collander.

Hhmmm! I don't want to start picking out the many major flaws in this interview just now but suffice to say it's got more holes than a collander.

Poor sales are poor sales. It may well be up but the numbers will still be low.

The news of the Donkey Kong Country trilogy coming to Wii U is starting to make me reconsider performing the Wii to Wii U System Transfer as I'd be able to download them all for the discounted price since I own them all on Wii :smile:

One downside that is making me reluctant to transfer is that my Wii games don't look as good on my Wii U via HDMI as they do on my Wii via component.

Is it worth doing the transfer? Does anyone have any regrets from doing it previously? ::shrug:

The news of the Donkey Kong Country trilogy coming to Wii U is starting to make me reconsider performing the Wii to Wii U System Transfer as I'd be able to download them all for the discounted price since I own them all on Wii :smile:

One downside that is making me reluctant to transfer is that my Wii games don't look as good on my Wii U via HDMI as they do on my Wii via component.

Is it worth doing the transfer? Does anyone have any regrets from doing it previously? ::shrug:

DO NOT DO IT!

I did it, and regret it. The Wii mode on the Wii U just feels a little wrong. Some of my saves lost certain data and I wish I had never done it. What's more, the games actually displayed better on HD TVs through the Wii.

I wish I had kept things as they were. I've actually transferred some saves back via SD card. It was a major mistake.

DO NOT DO IT!

I did it, and regret it. The Wii mode on the Wii U just feels a little wrong. Some of my saves lost certain data and I wish I had never done it. What's more, the games actually displayed better on HD TVs through the Wii.

I wish I had kept things as they were. I've actually transferred some saves back via SD card. It was a major mistake.

@/ nando / listen to the above.

As you may be aware a few months ago my Wii U got fucked resulting in me losing everything, including my Wii saves.

Edited by Blade

I say do it, all those VC games are too good not he Wii U. Like Zechs just copy the saves back to the WIi if it bothers you too much, and to solve Blades problem back up the saves or something. Playing DKC on the gamepad is just too good!

@/ nando / listen to the above.

As you may be aware a few months ago my Wii U got fucked resulting in me losing everything, including my Wii saves.

Wait, so did you seriously not get ANYTHING back? I had hoped it wasn't that bad.

Tbh I was thinking to myself this week that despite everything we can say Nintendo are bad for, their repair service is pretty darn good. Free postage, fast turnaround, 12 month warranty with each repair...a pretty hench service for those that have the misfortune of needing it.

Has anybody had trouble with the gamepad charging cable? Mine at the neck right where it goes into the gamepad has a loose connection. It's probably because it's always dangling down and all the tiny little tugs have caused it to get damaged over time. It still works but it has to be held up in a certain position and wrapped in tape. I've swapped it with my other Wii U's charging cable. I must get onto Nintendo and ask them about it. I don't think they would but I hope they don't ask me to send in the whole lot.

Has anybody had trouble with the gamepad charging cable? Mine at the neck right where it goes into the gamepad has a loose connection. It's probably because it's always dangling down and all the tiny little tugs have caused it to get damaged over time. It still works but it has to be held up in a certain position and wrapped in tape. I've swapped it with my other Wii U's charging cable. I must get onto Nintendo and ask them about it. I don't think they would but I hope they don't ask me to send in the whole lot.

I'm not 100% where my problem is, but my cable is dicky somewhere for some reason. I recall plugging it in to charge a few times and it not actually doing so. I haven't tried too hard to investigate/replicate rather just deciding it'll work if I move it about or something.

The cable is too skinny. It's like headphone thickness. It needs to be much more durable and thicker than that. When you consider a Gamecube controller lead, Wii Pro controller or even the charging cable of the Wii U pro controller, all are at least x3 thicker. It wasn't good product design. Without it you're screwed and looking online it's bloody expensive to replace. I have it plugged in all the time because the battery isn't great.

Dunno if i'd go so far as to say it's headphone thickness but it's arguably thin(little need for it to be otherwise, especially given the current it's probably carrying - copper prices and all that's a significant cost/saving on the grand scale of things!) - tbh I imagine my problem's probably at a neck somewhere near the power brick maybe? I do find I have a lot of breaky chargers these days(3DS one broke when I think I knocked the cradle) and I end up replacing them with cheap replacements instead - not sure how big the market for Gamepad ones are though. A terribly annoying thing in a world of mostly standard cables.

DO NOT DO IT!

This is the sort of response I didn't want to see.. but I'm grateful for your honesty :heh:

At this point, most things point towards it being more beneficial for me to keep everything on the original Wii but I do wonder what will happen with Nintendo's NEXT console and whether or not I'll regret not having done the transfer at this stage with the possibility that there may come a day when doing so isn't possible ::shrug:

I need to take a day and figure it all out, I think. I'll play a few Wii games on the Wii U and see how they look. Previous experience suggests they look awful on my Samsung TV in the living room, particularly PES 2013 when I tried that :eek:

How do the Wii Virtual Console games look when playing on Wii U? Do SNES, Mega Drive and N64 games look decent? There are a few games, such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Gunstar Heroes and Super Ghouls and Ghosts which don't support interlace mode and therefore I can't play them through component. Presumably these issues wouldn't be present on Wii U through HDMI and I'd have access to everything..? :smile:

I'm still considering doing the Wii to Wii U system transfer but I had to ask about this..

Some of my saves lost certain data and I wish I had never done it..

What data did you lose..? ::shrug:

I'm still considering doing the Wii to Wii U system transfer but I had to ask about this..

What data did you lose..? ::shrug:

I lost everything when my Wii U got fucked and Nintendo proceded to delete everything.

I would suggest that you seriously consider whether doing the transfer is worth it.

I lost everything when my Wii U got fucked and Nintendo proceded to delete everything.

I would suggest that you seriously consider whether doing the transfer is worth it.

When you say deleted everything, you mean saves? You got all your games back?

Also, what's the difference between the Wii U dying and the Wii dying? Transferring has nothing to do with it has it? Unless I'm missing something!

They are so cool.

Nintendo are definitely missing a trick not making official ones like Wii said.

That DK one is incred.

They are so cool.

Nintendo are definitely missing a trick not making official ones like Wii said.

That DK one is incred.

I kinda wish I could say the same but I think they look AWFUL :blank:

That is not a good shade of brown... But yeah, think they look rubbish personally.

The Link one looks very poor because the colour of the analogue sticks, X and Y buttons is too jarring in comparison to the colour of the controller itself. In fact, that goes for all of the them except the DK "shit brown" controller.

Ugh, they could be so good but are so bad :p Nintendo should just make their own special edition gc controllers in the same vein as the amazing club Nintendo Mario, Luigi and Wario ones