NEurope
Rummy

Lock down your wallets...the Steam sale has arrived!

Cheers, I'm buying it!

(btw for any fans of Tower Defense games, maybe keep watch for an even cheaper reduction on Defender's Quest Valley of the Forgotten. Bought it a while back, it's a TD game with an RPG element that your 'towers' are characters that you level as the game goes along. It doesn't feel as polished as some, but it's a pretty cool idea and I really enjoyed it until I stopped playing due to having too many games!)

Bought Tropico 4 on the community choice, think I voted for it too. Won't be playing it any time soon though.

Whats everyone doing about the trading cards then? Are you bothering to try and collect sets, trade or even just sell them on?

So far I have completed the Don't Starve set and crafted that into a badge but thats mostly because I was in the trading card beta so already had a few of them. I havent bothered trading any yet but I did sell 2 of my duplicates on the steam marketplace. Only for 20p each so they would go quickly but it was a nice way to top up my steam wallet. Im considering just putting all my cards up there.

It's difficult to pick really as they are both excellent.

Ys I & II use the old bump system to attack, Origins uses an attack button plus has additional special moves.

Story wise Origins takes place 700 years before the events of Ys 1&2 so it's the only game in the series that doesn't feature Adol as the main character and also explains some of the events that get mentioned in Ys 1&2.

The whole of Origins takes place within a single tower but it's varied enough to not get boring. Origins also has 3 playable characters but they have essentially the same story from different angles. Otherwise gameplay is rather similar.

Both games are fairly short Ys 1&2 (around 8 hours), Origins is a bit longer.

Origins has a demo.

Chronologically I would go Ys 1&2 then Origins or Oath In Felgana (which tends seems to be liked more I think).

The Witcher and The Witcher 2 on sale.

Bought them both. Highly doubt the second game will run fine on my PC, though.

But I hear good things of the games.

I was a bit disappointed with the first Witcher, some of the systems used werent great but Ive been told the 2nd one fixes a lot of the problems so I'll be buying it later. Might grab Tomb Raider as well so I can get rid of my PS3 version.

I got the Witcher 2 in a sale and the main character is completely unlikable and the combat is a mess. Although there's a combat overhaul mod out now so I may give it another go with that.

I didn't have any issues with the combat.

There's also some nudity.

I don't quite understand the cards. I got four of them by either buying or playing Tropico 4. They are all Tropico related, is it better for me to sell them?

I have an extra Skyrim summer sale trading card if anyone wants to trade for any of the other special summer cards?

I recommend the Total War series, particular my all time favourite Medieval 2(and the expansion). The entire series and dlc are 75% off.

I don't really understand the trading card thing myself. Been meaning to actually look into it but just haven't had the time yet.

From what I understand, you get a random summer card for every 10 Dollars (yes, dollars) you spend during the sale. You can trade repeats with friends, and if you get them all... that's what I don't know :heh:

If you get them all then you craft them into a badge and start all over again working towards the level 2 badge. Badges give you XP which then levels you up. The higher level you are the more perks you get. I just leveled up to 12 the other day and got 5 extra slots on my friends list for example.

So... Deus Ex: Human Revolution is about to go for less than 3€.

I hear something about a Director's Cut version, so should I hold off, here?

I hope we get a random 91% sale on something that's just come out like what happened with Sleeping Dogs last sale.

That's a very specific number. "Oh, it's only 90% off? Not interested."

So... Deus Ex: Human Revolution is about to go for less than 3€.

I hear something about a Director's Cut version, so should I hold off, here?

I suppose it depends on how they want to implement said directors cut on the PC, if its released as a paid for upgrade, or free upgrade then the £2.34 (or whatever it is) is amazing.

The directors cut corrects all the issues people had with the game and create a definitive version, that said this is a 9.5/10 game as it is, its almost perfect

hard to pass it up at that price eitherway....its probably worth wasting that tiny amount and buying the directors cut separately if it is done as a standalone

Good point about the upgrade. It's bought.

As it turns out, keeping a policy of "Nothing above 3€" still gives me so much leeway.

It seems if you drag and drop the postcard image on the front page of steam you can see one of the games that will be on sale the next day:

66n3jno.jpg

Today/ this afternoons should be Torchlight 2 if this is right.

Edited by Helmsly

Jesus Christ, Mark of the Ninja is friggin' awesome.

On a more related note, Germany has helped keep my wallet in check. Bioshock? Half-Life 2? Nope, Germany has low-violence versions. I'll wait for the next sale instead.

Jesus Christ, Mark of the Ninja is friggin' awesome.

Yeah it absolutely is. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.