NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

i think we only need draws.

Love him or hate him Mourinho knows his stuff.

Last season failed to get out of the group stages and finished way off the pace in the league. This season potentially Premier League/Champios League double.

If they draw a game each we'd all be level, we'd lose out heavily on goal difference. We need them both to lose.

Palace to beat Liverpool and Everton to beat City... please Football Gods, make it happen!

The football gods hate Chelski after how they played against Liverpool. ;)

I've been thinking a lot about the match at Anfield on Sunday and the fact that the title is no longer in our hands to the point where I'm not even sure why we tried so hard to kill Chelsea off early on in the game :hmm:

Obviously, the team has been full of confidence for weeks now and we could have put Chelsea out of the title race for good as well as gaining a valuable 3 points.. but we didn't need to! From the very first minute you could see that Chelsea didn't come to play football so we could have relaxed knowing that a single point would have been enough to keep us on track.

I don't think Brendan could purposely set up the team to be happy with a point at Anfield. It's against his whole mentality that he's trying to implement, and doing so well at the moment.

From his first Liverpool press conference: “I’d rather lose a game trying to win it, than lose it trying not to get beat”

&

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life. That’s the idea."

I've been thinking a lot about the match at Anfield on Sunday and the fact that the title is no longer in our hands to the point where I'm not even sure why we tried so hard to kill Chelsea off early on in the game :hmm:

This is the biggest thing they didn't quite come out with their usual pace and urgency.

I'm on the fence with how Chelsea played. They did defend but it wasn't so much the brutal defending boring style you would associate with a team just sitting back and not attacking at all and hacking everything away. Although they did at times have 10 men behind the ball and deliberately foul players to slow down the play. However look how many times Gerrard was forced to take a shot down the centre and no matter how many times he tried to get the angle his shots ended up being straight down the middle. There is a certain skill and unity to this that makes it an excellent defensive performance worthy of a win.

Edited by flameboy

I don't think Brendan could purposely set up the team to be happy with a point at Anfield. It's against his whole mentality that he's trying to implement, and doing so well at the moment.

From his first Liverpool press conference: “I’d rather lose a game trying to win it, than lose it trying not to get beat”

&

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life. That’s the idea."

We certainly did that on Sunday with all that time wasting :p

Real Madrid look set to advance, 2-0 with an away goal.

EDIT: Make that 3-0 to Madrid and 2 away goals from Sergio Ramos of all players. Game over Bayern, game over.

Real Madrid look set to advance, 2-0 with an away goal.

EDIT: Make that 3-0 to Madrid and 2 away goals from Sergio Ramos of all players. Game over Bayern, game over.

Yup, horrendous defence. Time for me to play FFX.

Oh and Happy belated St Totteringham's day, didn't realize they couldn't catch us after that win. Shows how much more worried about Everton I was. :p

EDIT: Ronaldo has definitely put this tie to bed. Great run from Gareth Bale to make it possible. No back to back Champions League win for Bayern and the wait continues.

EDIT: Ronaldo is a record breaker, that free kick is 16 goals in a single champions League campaign. A 5-0 AGG thrashing for Bayern.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

And still nobody can retain the Champions League.

This is the biggest thing they didn't quite come out with their usual pace and urgency.

I'm on the fence with how Chelsea played. They did defend but it wasn't so much the brutal defending boring style you would associate with a team just sitting back and not attacking at all and hacking everything away. Although they did at times have 10 men behind the ball and deliberately foul players to slow down the play. However look how many times Gerrard was forced to take a shot down the centre and no matter how many times he tried to get the angle his shots ended up being straight down the middle. There is a certain skill and unity to this that makes it an excellent defensive performance worthy of a win.

It's probably fair to say we weren't at our absolute best, but also to be fair to Chelsea they are a very good side and genuinely well organised, who weren't just going to let us have their way with them. As far as stopping our game Chelsea did the best job yet, not that surprising considering who they are.

But we played right into their hands too, with Gerrard's mistake. It's why I can't give Jose full credit for the win, he was worth their clean sheet for sure, but as far as winning the game goes we did all the hard work for him there. It's hard enough when a team like Chelsea set up not to lose, that's why it's so important that we score first, to lure them out. When Gerrard let them in for the first goal, it gave Chelsea every reason to sit back even more, they had nothing futher to gain by venturing forward as we already gifted them the lead. Even worse was doing it just before half time, where Jose could give fresh instructions about how to deal with our oncoming attacks in the second half.

Just to be clear though, I'm not blaming Jose for setting up the way he did, it was probably the best thing to do against us the way we've been lately, and luckily for him fortune favoured them that day.

The league feels like a 3-way coin toss at the moment, could go any way. The Everton Vs City game looks absolutely key, it's Everton's last home game of the season, will that be enough to motivate them to win? Either way I hope we still have our game-faces on against Palace, we can't give up now, even if City beat Everton they still have two opportunities to drop points, we have to believe anything can still happen.

Real Madrid were excellent from start to finish.

Bayern were reduced to toothless possession.

Real Madrid were excellent from start to finish.

Bayern were reduced to toothless possession.

Much like how people argue Barca have become in Europe when the come up against good teams....so Guardiola isn't perfect!

Need Atletico to win tonight, otherwise it's a Hitler v Devil final. I think the last time I'd zero interest in a Champions League final was Porto v Monaco in 2004. Who knew back then what a bigger prick Moaninho would go on to become?

Edited by jayseven
it's "prick". No numerals.

If they draw a game each we'd all be level, we'd lose out heavily on goal difference. We need them both to lose.

Ah crap! that's not going to happen. Will have to concentrate on winning the champions league instead.

Even though we sat back against Liverpool we still fashioned the greater chances.

I hope we win tonight, another final would be great... made even better that @Wii would hate it so much!

I hope we win tonight, another final would be great... made even better that @Wii would hate it so much!

Literally the only positive of a Chelsea win tonight; Wii's meltdown.

This better not be Battle of the Buses.

Edit: Sickening. Chelsea get lucky early on, should've conceded and now get an own goal. Torres will take it, it's probably his best all season.

*beep, beep, beep*

That's the sound of Chelsea reversing their bus in for the rest of the game.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Surprised Chelsea went for 2 strikers so early on in the 2nd half. Silly penalty to give away; big ask to score 2 goals.

It had to happen. With Real already in the final, there wasn't enough room for 2 swollen-heads in the stadium with both Penaldo and Moaninho. Couldn't happen to a nicer prick. Atletico well and truly slashed the Chelsea bus tyres.

Edited by jayseven
prick*

The Bu... oh, *ahem* I mean the Blues have been defeated!

In all seriousness congratulations are in order for Atletico, they played well and deserved to go through.

It's going to be an epic final!

Shame that Chelsea lost. Wanted to see them at the final.

No you can't have 2 evil teams in the final. C'mon Atletico!

Didn't deserve the final after that performance. Didn't look up for it enough. Hazard and Eto'o to blame for the goals.

Only thing better than a full on Wii meltdown?? That cunt John Terry in tears.