NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I meant since Siralex left.

I hear Alan Curbishley is available.

I meant since Siralex left.

I hear Alan Curbishley is available.

I'm surprised they haven't asked Jonny Evans to step up to the plate.

How can you be a manager and not have a philosophy? You HAVE to have a way of playing, a mentality and an identity.

Brendan Rodgers doesn't have a history of winning or much experience at all, but he has a very clear and very strong philosophy that he's got everyone behind. That's much more important than reputation or experience.

Rodgers is class! Always has been, you could see it when he was our reserve team manager even before Swansea!

Jose, Faria and Ramimes charged by the FA. I can see Mou getting the usual fine, but I can't see Ramimes escaping a ban.

That's Ramires, Terry and Cech out for the Liverpool game. Apparently Jose has said he would like to rest other players aswell.

It's a bit ironic that Cech is out of the CL semi second leg, when actually Chelsea own an arguably better keeper, who will be playing for the opposition.

Unlike the game last night where only one team tried both teams in the other semi know how to play football and I'm sure won't be parking the team bus tonight. Hopefully anyway.

Bayern must be sick. Steamrolled Real and with one attack are 1-0 down. First time I've heard the Real fans.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Unlike the game last night where only one team tried both teams in the other semi know how to play football and I'm sure won't be parking the team bus tonight. Hopefully anyway.

Bayern must be sick. Steamrolled Real and with one attack are 1-0 down. First time I've heard the Real fans.

Going 90 minutes without scoring against opposition is 'Steamrolling' now?

Ok then.

Going 90 minutes without scoring against opposition is 'Steamrolling' now?

Ok then.

I made that comment right after Real scored not 90 minutes. It was 20 minutes into the game. They did control the game and every stat other than the crucial one.

Ahhh I wish the Blades announce season tickets.

Doing my head in! Normally the tickets are announced in March. I've never wanted to renew so much!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27133764

More lazy journalism by the BBC. Januzaj is not eligible for England no matter how many times they quote the FIFA rule. Thankfull the whole thing is over as he's opted to play for the country he was born in, Belgium.

There is nothing to stop the home nations changing their own self imposed rules. You have to wonder how many more years of underachievement before they want to aggressively do it...the thing is every other nation does and to be fair with the likes of Sterling and the past there are plenty of examples we are still "using" foreign born English nationals.

Anyway I came in here to post this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2612039/Manchester-City-relief-Michel-Platini-insists-NO-clubs-thrown-Europe-break-FFP-rules.html

So Platini has said that teams that break FFP rules will not be thrown of Europe but this line got me:

A UEFA panel is currently negotiating settlements with clubs which have breached rules designed to curb huge investments by owners and excessive spending on transfers and wages since 2011.

Sure the settlements could include transfer bans etc...but the instant thing that comes to mind is fining them? So therefore making them potentially lose more money? Whilst profiting off it unless they come forward and say it's going to charity...also it's not really a punishment if that continues. It basically means the big teams can absorb such fines and those smaller teams trying to step up a level will continually be stuck where they are for fear of not being able to absorb these settlements to the same extent.

For example look at Southampton...good crop of young players a bit of European flair mixed in there, they are what 8th in the league? If they wanted they could push on and try and fund a move to the top 6 but where's the incentive if they are going to have stump up cash just to keep up with bigger teams?

It's a bigger problem across all of football, Football League introduced new rules that seem skewed towards teams dropping from the Premiership. From what I understand they have a certain % of revenue that can be spent on wages or something but relegated teams who already get the parachute payments are exempt for their first season. So no fairy tale stories of teams winning double promotions or anything sigh.

I still don't understand it, fair enough make clubs live within their means to stop them running up huge debts but if they have a money bags owner who wants to take on those debts then that's living within their means....it makes no sense. (granted the problem comes where these owners don't actually take on the debts and rather take out loans against the club. Another aside as much as is made of the Glazers, all of Roman's Chelsea millions are classed as loans to the club)

Edited by flameboy

There is nothing to stop the home nations changing their own self imposed rules. You have to wonder how many more years of underachievement before they want to aggressively do it...the thing is every other nation does and to be fair with the likes of Sterling and the past there are plenty of examples we are still "using" foreign born English nationals.

Anyway I came in here to post this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2612039/Manchester-City-relief-Michel-Platini-insists-NO-clubs-thrown-Europe-break-FFP-rules.html

So Platini has said that teams that break FFP rules will not be thrown of Europe but this line got me:

Sure the settlements could include transfer bans etc...but the instant thing that comes to mind is fining them? So therefore making them potentially lose more money? Whilst profiting off it unless they come forward and say it's going to charity...also it's not really a punishment if that continues. It basically means the big teams can absorb such fines and those smaller teams trying to step up a level will continually be stuck where they are for fear of not being able to absorb these settlements to the same extent.

For example look at Southampton...good crop of young players a bit of European flair mixed in there, they are what 8th in the league? If they wanted they could push on and try and fund a move to the top 6 but where's the incentive if they are going to have stump up cash just to keep up with bigger teams?

It's a bigger problem across all of football, Football League introduced new rules that seem skewed towards teams dropping from the Premiership. From what I understand they have a certain % of revenue that can be spent on wages or something but relegated teams who already get the parachute payments are exempt for their first season. So no fairy tale stories of teams winning double promotions or anything sigh.

I still don't understand it, fair enough make clubs live within their means to stop them running up huge debts but if they have a money bags owner who wants to take on those debts then that's living within their means....it makes no sense. (granted the problem comes where these owners don't actually take on the debts and rather take out loans against the club. Another aside as much as is made of the Glazers, all of Roman's Chelsea millions are classed as loans to the club)

The "loan" payments are a way to avoid tax, plus securing their monies against other creditors in the event of a financial disaster. Abramovich recently turned a chunk of his loans into assets/shares thus making Chelsea turn a small profit for that season.

I can't imagine them changing the Home Nations ruling as it wouldn't benefit anyone other than England. Being the biggest nation they would be more attractive team to play for because they're more likely to get into the major tournaments.

The grandparents rule needs looking at though, it's a joke that a Scottish ned such as Aidan McGeady is allowed to play for Ireland.

The "loan" payments are a way to avoid tax, plus securing their monies against other creditors in the event of a financial disaster. Abramovich recently turned a chunk of his loans into assets/shares thus making Chelsea turn a small profit for that season.

Hmmm I'd still view the loans as a get out of jail free card as well. That's what Sacha Gaydamak did with us and after we won the FA Cup he effectively stopped putting money into the club and wanted back the loans and held the club to ransom.

In terms of Abramovich though the example you gave is still the club working to his means so to speak. He was able to absorb those loans and turn them into shares, how's that any different from these inflated sponsorship dealings we have seen whereby companies owned by members of the same family are effectively pouring more money into the club. They are still living within their own means by using family assets/contacts. It's so murky it can't help but fail...

I can't imagine them changing the Home Nations ruling as it wouldn't benefit anyone other than England. Being the biggest nation they would be more attractive team to play for because they're more likely to get into the major tournaments.

The grandparents rule needs looking at though, it's a joke that a Scottish ned such as Aidan McGeady is allowed to play for Ireland.

I'd say Scotland could benefit too their league does still attract good foreign players.

I think grandparents is a little bit of a stretch. I mean it's kind of ludicruous that I for example having never set foot in the Republic of Ireland could set play for them due to one grandparent being born there and then them also not even properly living there.

It's up to players like Aidan McGeady to make up their own mind. He played for Celtic and facing vitriol from Rangers fans amongst others I'm sure helped cement his decision even further.

I made that comment right after Real scored not 90 minutes. It was 20 minutes into the game. They did control the game and every stat other than the crucial one.

Ah fair enough, my bad.

That said, all the possession in the world doesn't count if you can't transform it into goals.

It's up to players like Aidan McGeady to make up their own mind. He played for Celtic and facing vitriol from Rangers fans amongst others I'm sure helped cement his decision even further.

That's not the reason at all - part of the reason he got a lot of stick is because he chose Ireland over Scotland.

I believe he chose Ireland for a number of reasons. The first one was practical. He couldn't play for Scotland at a young age because of a bizarre rule that you couldn't be selected if you didn't play for your school team, he therefore went to Ireland. Then we had a diddy for a manager and Ireland were the far better choice. This has probably paid off as he's the only Scot to have played in a major tournament since 1998.

BmEq1AvCcAAaufS.png

Just had to post this think it's a funny pic. Big Ron playing in a charity match in the 80s...I feel like he wouldn't even get a game at a charity match if it was taking place these days. Also big up Jim Smith what a legend!

Yah very sad news read just yesterday an update on his treatment.

His crowning football achievement described here:

Barcelona won La Liga with a league record of 100 points from a possible 114, equalling the record set by Real Madrid in 2011-12.

In addition, his side set a new scoring record of 115 goals in 38 matches. His overall La Liga record stands at 32 wins, four draws and two defeats, as Barca finished 15 points clear of runners-up Real Madrid.

I wonder if Barca would be having their current problems if he was still there....I guess they did lose 7-0 to Bayern in the Champs League so the signs of decline may have been there.

Sorted my FA Cup Final ticket on Wednesday. £85 for the privelege of a decent lower tier view. Cheers FA..

RIP Tito Vilanova. Condolences to all his family and friends at this time of mourning.

Even though Chelsea are going to field a weakened team I hope they take points off Liverpool just so the title race could potentially go to the last day. I'd prefer Liverpool to do it but let's have a dramatic finish to it (Though if Arsenal were still involved I'd naturally want it wrapped up before then).

Just read the news this morning. Simply awful, awful news about Vilanova. R.I.P. and my sympathies to his family.

It's a Mourinho masterclass, the title swings Manchester City's way again and Chelsea are back in the race. If that result means Liverpool lose the Premier League then Gerrard will have nightmares about his costly slip that let Chelsea steal the lead.