NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

dU8s7St.jpg

So Pot 3 is Chile, Ecuador and the African teams. Got it :heh:

(God, please don't let us be in the same group as France and Germany)

(God, please don't let us be in the same group as France and Germany)

Well you should be ok, as had been confirmed they will only allow 2 European teams in one group.

So I assume (if those pots prove correct) when France get drawn if it is at a time when they would be put into a group that already has a European team as 1st seed they would be instead placed in the next availble group that doesn't have a European team in 1st seed.

I assume that would also mean if for example 3 of the 4 non-european 1st seeds groups get their pot 3 slot filled then France would have to automatically go into the pot 3 spot of the 4th non-european 1st seeded group without having been drawn

(that makes sense in my head, does it make sense when read?)

A crumb of comfort for those who don't have BT sport. ITV have retained the rights to show highlights for the Champions and Europa League games. Wednesday for Champions League highlights and Thursday for the Europa League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25058618

Now they don't have a live game they sort their highlight shit out and put it after all the games.

Merseyside Derby now.

Arsenal vs Southampton after that.

Dortmund vs Bayern after that.

You beauty.

The Merseyside Derby is entertaining, so far. Lol at Mirallas not getting a red for that challenge. Pretty shocking when you see it in the replays. :p

Fuck, that was a great match. I was hoping that Lukaku would have completed his hat-trick.

Defending from set pieces was generally awful in that game, from both sides.

So we've beat the team who are second and the team who were third. And I bet Hansen still won't give us any recognition on MotD tonight.

We weren't that good and still managed to get a point away at a good side with our 2nd best player only coming on late in the 2nd half.

How the hell did Mirallas not get sent off? Fucking horrible challenge, he did a few dirty things today. Travesty he wasn't sent off.

Late, and a foot away from the ball...

Foul.gif

Edited by MadDog

That was a straight red card or well it should've been. That was a really exciting game, best I've seen in a while and Joe Allen, what a miss. How? How? Again how? Miss of the season for me. He cost Liverpool the 3 points. Had that gone in, Everton would have given up.

That was a straight red card or well it should've been. That was a really exciting game, best I've seen in a while and Joe Allen, what a miss. How? How? Again how? Miss of the season for me. He cost Liverpool the 3 points. Had that gone in, Everton would have given up.

The miss, as shocking as it was, didn't cost us the match. No miss ever costs you 3 points. Poor defending cost us the 3 points.

Thought it was a perfect challenge myself.

Exactly the sort of challenge that Luis Suarez deserves. But not the one he gets.

2-1 to the Toon! The phrase I am looking for is "w00t" I believe?

Random footy thoughts:

Champions League on BT Sport. If I was a Champions League sponsor, I'd like to know why Uefa sold the live rights to a channel few people have.

If governing bodies really cared about the fans they'd at least put all the football in one place, so if fans must pay for televised football, at the start of every season fans could switch to the necessary TV company for that season, instead of having to have multiple subscriptions to channels they otherwise wouldn't want.

Mirallas tackle was pure filth.

Suarez is a boss. Gives the league a 5 game headstart and is still top scorer. Excuse me, joint top scorer, with Sturridge, another boss.

Allen's miss sums up his Liverpool career, unfortunately. I don't have any ill feeling towards him but it's just not happeneing for him.

Lukaku on loan = accidental Chelsea master stroke. Why? Whilst he can't help Chelsea directly, he can still score helpful goals against Chelsea's rivals (excluding Everton obviously), he cost Liverpool (a potential top four contender) two points yesterday, who knows how many points he will also cost Arsenal, Utd, City, Spurs etc this season?

Suarez is a boss. Gives the league a 5 game headstart and is still top scorer. Excuse me, joint top scorer, with Sturridge, another boss.

Such bosses.

BYI8Jk4IQAAqlUE.jpg

I will never understand AVB's thinking. They need to play a striker that scores yet they continue to put Pendaldo in the team, bring Adebayor back into the squad all the while a natural goal-scorer in Jermain Defoe is being benched?

HT. 3-0 to City.

Jesus, I thought we played awful against City away, but Spurs have topped that with this performance. Fucking dire. The "AVB formation and tactics" were bound to get found out sooner or later. Play one up top, all day, every day.

City though, fuck...If their away form were better, they'd walk the title with this squad.

City though, fuck...If their away form were better, they'd walk the title with this squad.

Their Goal difference is already looking scary too. Besides, they've scored more at home than everyone else has all season.