Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@S\.C\.G That's the easy version. The story mode one has no walls.

Oh I know :) but I couldn't find a video of the story mode one on YouTube so I just posted the video that I could find of Phantom Road.

I've witnessed the wall-less track of death that you speak of, I can recall it taking me many attempts to beat back in the day... I used to love playing F-Zero GX, Mario Kart 8 could do a lot worse than taking a leaf out of F-Zero's book when it comes to track design; I mean they've added anti-gravity to the karts now so they might as well. : peace:

NEWEGG DESCRIPTION SAYS YOU CAN DESIGN YOUR OWN TRACKS IN MARIO KART 8

Online retailer NewEgg currently has Mario Kart 8 up for pre-order. The interesting thing is is that the description says that gamers will be able to customise their*vehicles and build their own tracks in the game. This hasn’t been confirmed by Nintendo, but if this is true then it’s a more than welcome addition to the Mario Kart franchise.

Mario Kart 8 Wii U is a new game for the Wii U. It features new elements such as customizing bikes and designing your own tracks. It is the sequel to the game Mario Kart 7.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/21/newegg-description-says-you-can-design-your-own-tracks-in-mario-kart-8/

I'd take that with a grain of salt for now. It would be amazing if true. I just couldn't see Nintendo doing that. You'd never buy another one. It's the same deal with NSMB, if the 1st one had a level editor, it would have killed future versions sales.

Yeah, can't see it happening myself. :hmm: But it would certainly be a good way to make use of the GamePad.

They'd have to include a pretty robust editor though in order for people to create tracks which make decent use the anti-gravity feature.

But hey, anything's possible:

All these years later, and I'm still gutted we never got that over here. :(

It's in another vid:

I'd forgotten how messed up the engine was in that game. :laughing:

hahaha I used to love that noise of the air rushing past you at hyper speed when you were up in the air, letting you know you were right on the limit of loosing gravity to the track and just flying off :p

Oh I love you F-Zero X :D

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/21/newegg-description-says-you-can-design-your-own-tracks-in-mario-kart-8/

I'd take that with a grain of salt for now. It would be amazing if true. I just couldn't see Nintendo doing that. You'd never buy another one. It's the same deal with NSMB, if the 1st one had a level editor, it would have killed future versions sales.

Yeah, sorry to burst anyone's bubble but New Egg ripped that description from a fan-made wikia page which contains a load of features, characters and tracks made up by the author.. You can find it here:

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Mario_Kart_8_Wii_U

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!