NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Hasn't Iwata said the only DLC Nintendo will ever make under his watch will be created after a game's release?

Hasn't Iwata said the only DLC Nintendo will ever make under his watch will be created after a game's release?

Well, after game completion (Mario Golf had launch day DLC), but yes.

Edited by Serebii

Well, after game completion (Mario Golf had launch day DLC), but yes.

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo designed, built and tested 36 holes in the space between the game being finished and sent to be printed and the release of the game.

Obviously, they still worked on it after the game went gold, but I'm pretty confident that they started before the game was finished.

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo designed, built and tested 36 holes in the space between the game being finished and sent to be printed and the release of the game.

Obviously, they still worked on it after the game went gold, but I'm pretty confident that they started before the game was finished.

I can, because it wasn't Nintendo. It was Camelot.

I purchased all the DLC about an hour ago and feel £11 is a very good price for what we're getting :hehe: I'm actually feeling encouraged to download the Mario Golf: World Tour DLC now too, especially after watching a video and hearing the music that accompanies the N64 courses!

I purchased all the DLC about an hour ago and feel £11 is a very good price for what we're getting :hehe: I'm actually feeling encouraged to download the Mario Golf: World Tour DLC now too, especially after watching a video and hearing the music that accompanies the N64 courses!

That's also great value. Love that game. Need to start playing it again...

That's also great value. Love that game. Need to start playing it again...

Likewise :hehe: Maybe we could have a round online some night?

Mario Kart 8 kinda came along and killed Mario Golf but I still have plenty of content to explore, even before purchasing the 6 downloadable courses!

The new cars actually handle really nicely. Figures they would!

nobody has posted the GAF gif yet

BowedGregariousHydra.gif

Yep, it's hilarious, the funniest I've seen in a long while. I wanted to post it but couldn't nick it from IGN.

Yeah come on @Wii!

Holding stuff back... maybe, but they already gave us a full Mario Kart game! They gave us the same number of cups, of tracks, ok arguably the chosen Mario characters were a little lacking (but this DLC doesn't really address that either). You got your Mario Kart!

This is a full half another Mario Kart game! So why not charge for it? and at less than half the price of a full game. Plus it's experimenting with other Nintendo themed tracks!

Battle mode aside, it's more than we ever wanted from Mario Kart DLC!

I've come around on paying for it. I do love the DLC content. Am I not allowed question as to when it was ready though? I said I've problems with certain aspects of DLC and where it's heading. This is Nintendo first real go at it. So they have to get it right. I was probably one of the first to preorder it this morning. I think the price is fair.

I could be much more cynical if you like. Today we got a palette swap for 2 characters. Shouldn't that already be available? Like in Smash it's always been an option to change your characters colour.

I take your argument about how it's gone above and beyond previous MK's in terms of content. But if you look at older games like say Melee and Brawl. Brawl dwarfs Melee in terms of content. If DLC had been a practice and available back then would they have given us Brawl up to the level of Melee and given us the rest of the content as paid DLC? This is what I'm worried about for the future of games. Will they do the same with Smash Wii U? Instead of paying €50-60 by the time they're done with you, you could pay North of €100 after DLC. Nintendo isn't our friend. They're a business and like any business all they care about is money at the end of the day.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

the price is fair.

If you, Mr I want everything for free or for peanuts, think it's fair, then it must be excellent.

I could be much more clueless if you like. Today we got a palette swap for 2 characters. Shouldn't that already be available? Like in Smash it's always been an option to change your characters colour.

:indeed: fixed that for you.

Nintendo isn't our friend. They're a business and like any business all they care about is money at the end of the day.

If you believe that then why give them grief for releasing pack two in nine months? They're a business and as such make business decisions a lot of the time, which you just end up moaning about.

Just did a quick regional race to check out my new cars... Out of 8 of us racing 4 of us were different coloured Yoshi's or Shy Guys in Mercs!

I wonder if they'll do a pack 3, 4... etc is it proves popular?

Hang on, Nintendo UK store says it's sold out. How does that work then.

Can one pre-purchase the packs directly from the game/eShop?

Yeah, you can indeed :)

Likewise :hehe: Maybe we could have a round online some night?

Mario Kart 8 kinda came along and killed Mario Golf but I still have plenty of content to explore, even before purchasing the 6 downloadable courses!

Definitely! I bet Dakota will be up for it too. I'll post in the golf forum.

It's cheaper to buy both on the eShop anyway, also I have no idea how to get the Yoshi/Shy Guy skins since I never got a code or anything.

E-mailed customer services but they just told me to update the game. :confused:

I probably shouldn't have bought them too early but they're probably "out of stock" because they don't work.

IGN - What We Think of Mario Kart 8's Mercedes DLC

Discussion - Mario Kart 8 DLC with Rogersbase

Really good discussion.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It's cheaper to buy both on the eShop anyway, also I have no idea how to get the Yoshi/Shy Guy skins since I never got a code or anything.

E-mailed customer services but they just told me to update the game. :confused:

I probably shouldn't have bought them too early but they're probably "out of stock" because they don't work.

after you buy both packs you have to restart the game.

TBH, though I played with the thought, I really didn't want to see Link in a MK... Not sure I like the way the Zelda franchise is getting pimped out.

Not negativity - just saying.

They should change the series to Smash Kart, have the full-fledged racing as they already do but also concentrate and put some damn effort into Battle-mode, shift other Nintendo characters in and be done with it if theyre wanting to introduce characters from other series.

In regards to the DLC, I think I'm not going to buy it... I just don't have any interest in putting more money into the game as I don't have an interest or a want to play the game at all. Would've been so different had they included a good Battle-mode or at least a relatively decent online set-up/voice-chat.

I think the name "Mario Kart" is way too popular for them to change it, but that doesn't mean that they can't use multiple franchises (like SEGA).

I can see them continuing it as Mario Kart, but with special guests as DLC in the future.

I honestly don't see it turning into "Nintendo Kart" or "Mario Kart: All-Stars". That would be the shark jumping moment really

Oh God the Mercedez cars are bloody LOUD! Just imagine what 12 of them would sound like on a theme night... :o

I might be late with this... But I think I figured out why some people thought the Motion Control Usage stats were wrong...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

It's a bloody PERCENTAGE! It's the only explanation. Because I've done more than 100 races, and I've used nothing but the Wii Wheel!

Anyway, is it me? Or do the Mercs drift more inwardly than normal Karts?

I took them all for a spin today and I swear they don't drift outwardly as much as, say, the Standard Kart.

It's not quite as tight as the Jet Bike, but it's like it's in between the two. I like it!

Still using the Jet Bike tonight for the league though.

Edited by Glen-i