N-Europe

Gentlemen's Mafia III - The Court of Miracles

Jonnas

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite agreed sir. I think the funny thing is, of all the people who HAVE posted, they've been rather upfront. Yourself to prove your votes, whilst classic double bluffing, makes me think you might be ok. Jimbob's revealing of you makes me think he might be ok. There are some people who I think are maybe not so ok, possibly too good for our ranks. Animal, for example, has done a lot of grasping and rambling, talking just for the sake of it. Then, I think maybe he's just been naive instead. I see little more to gain whilst the sun is still up, I operate much better under the cover of darkness.

Would you rather me say nothing? I'm trying my best to get to the bottom of why Flink didn't see Jimbob which is more than what most people can say...:smile:

I agree Animal, people, and especially Rummy, don't seem to want to get to the bottom of what happened with the five targeters. I hammered into Flink earlier and now I've got a feel for him and am no longer suspicious. I am suspicious of Cube though, just because he doesn't seem to be doing much.

Quite agreed sir. I think the funny thing is, of all the people who HAVE posted, they've been rather upfront. Yourself to prove your votes, whilst classic double bluffing, makes me think you might be ok. Jimbob's revealing of you makes me think he might be ok. There are some people who I think are maybe not so ok, possibly too good for our ranks. Animal, for example, has done a lot of grasping and rambling, talking just for the sake of it. Then, I think maybe he's just been naive instead. I see little more to gain whilst the sun is still up, I operate much better under the cover of darkness.

Oh, I just noticed the other line, how am I being naive? I don't get it...:blank:

@Tales, can we have your target and whether you were successful? Also, if you're feeling generous, your role too?

@Jimbob, your role is to find out what other people's role is?

Okay, seriously, the fact Flink couldn't see Jimbob is a bit freaky and dodgy to me but then are our powers dodgy because we're evil? Providing Jimbob is being honest with us, can somebody tell me if there is any such thing as someone making someone else invisible? It sounds lame but could it be a possibility? This might explain why Flink couldn't see Jimbob.

So there's two information gatherers? Jimbob claims he gathers information about other people's role. @Fierce_LiNk, what information do you gather?

Merely expressing my suspicions good sir, merely expressing my suspicions. You made a rather paltry claim on my name early in the day, in addition to murkying this current discussion with Flink, is it through classic mafia tactics or just naivity?

I think you might be looking into things a bit much there. There's nothing in my role PM that mentions invisibility. I'm a conman, so you could argue that I could deceive others/trick them like I can with the votes. But, there's nothing that says others can trick or deceive me. So, I don't know what's going on there.

I'm just going to go through this thread later and start to put things together. It's a bit of a mess and needs organising. I'll do that later. At the moment, we should back off and let somebody else have a go. If either one or both of us get nightkilled, we need somebody else to follow on from this. I think we've both said as much as we can say about ourselves and done as much digging as we can.

It goes without saying, but some protection would be very much appreciated.

I agree Animal, people, and especially Rummy, don't seem to want to get to the bottom of what happened with the five targeters. I hammered into Flink earlier and now I've got a feel for him and am no longer suspicious. I am suspicious of Cube though, just because he doesn't seem to be doing much.

I'd love to get to the bottom of it - but I don't think that will be possible. I don't particularly understand it, because the situation changes constantly. Didn't we start the day with 2 people targetting flink, and it's now crept up to five? I've given what I feel I should for the day, and for good measure, I can guarantee that I did not target Flink last night.

I feel it is something we can't get to the bottom of, and may serve as a wild chase of a goose with a red herring within its beak - I think we need more time of the night to get further. I also find it interesting how you've singled me out with your post, you've been quite quick to jump on fellows since this day started.

I'm just going to go through this thread later and start to put things together. It's a bit of a mess and needs organising.

Avoiding the discussion! ESPECIALLY SUSPICIOUS!

I'd love to get to the bottom of it - but I don't think that will be possible. I don't particularly understand it, because the situation changes constantly. Didn't we start the day with 2 people targetting flink, and it's now crept up to five? I've given what I feel I should for the day, and for good measure, I can guarantee that I did not target Flink last night.

I feel it is something we can't get to the bottom of, and may serve as a wild chase of a goose with a red herring within its beak - I think we need more time of the night to get further. I also find it interesting how you've singled me out with your post, you've been quite quick to jump on fellows since this day started.

Avoiding the discussion! ESPECIALLY SUSPICIOUS!

I'm avoiding nothing. If anybody is avoiding anything, it's those who are not posting.

There were 3 people who targeted me that I know about, which I stated in my initial post.

There are now, apparently, 5 according to Animal. He is one of the 5. The others are Jimbob, DuD, Sheikah and Zell.

I was joking. I agree with your point that it's messy and not going much of anywhere, but Diageo feels I'm especially suspicious for thinking so. Given Zell's quietness(I didn't follow if he passed comment) - I'd wonder if he's the swashbuckler that blinded you. What it temporary blindness, or is it going to carry over through the game?

I was joking. I agree with your point that it's messy and not going much of anywhere, but Diageo feels I'm especially suspicious for thinking so. Given Zell's quietness(I didn't follow if he passed comment) - I'd wonder if he's the swashbuckler that blinded you. What it temporary blindness, or is it going to carry over through the game?

It's temporary.

I also believe that the person who did that wasn't Zell. I believe it was Sheikah. But I can't be certain yet. I'm going through the whole thread now page by page and will try to make sense of this.

Oh, I just noticed the other line, how am I being naive? I don't get it...:blank:

@Tales, can we have your target and whether you were successful? Also, if you're feeling generous, your role too?

Okay, seriously, the fact Flink couldn't see Jimbob is a bit freaky and dodgy to me but then are our powers dodgy because we're evil? Providing Jimbob is being honest with us, can somebody tell me if there is any such thing as someone making someone else invisible? It sounds lame but could it be a possibility? This might explain why Flink couldn't see Jimbob.

So there's two information gatherers? Jimbob claims he gathers information about other people's role. @Fierce_LiNk, what information do you gather?

Haven't targeted anyone :( Forgot both times.

Right, I've gone through the thread and I've decided to look at one or two more avenues.

@Magnus Peterson, you mentioned you prevented someone from reaching their target. What did this do exactly? Swap the targets? Role block?

@Rummy, I've been through this thread and although you've spoken, you haven't actually said much. What did you do for night 1 and 2? Who were your targets?

@Sprout, what did you do for Night 2? You've been quiet.

@Tales, even if you didn't reach a target/do anything, can you give us any kind of info about yourself? It's an easy mafia ploy to say that "I didn't do anything" so early into the game, so anything really would help.

@Cube, I don't seem to have much down for you either. Targets?

@heroicjanitor, targets?

I've said a fair bit where relevant to the discussions, I haven't given much of myself because it hasn't been necessary. Feel free to try and pressure me to do so now, but it won't work, and won't be of much benefit either.

I've said a fair bit where relevant to the discussions, I haven't given much of myself because it hasn't been necessary. Feel free to try and pressure me to do so now, but it won't work, and won't be of much benefit either.

Even just a target for night 1 or 2? Nobody is talking about pressure, but what am I curious about is what people have been doing so far.

Isn't it also giving the mafia a lift of who pick of first? You seem to really want that list.

That's one way of looking at it, but if we can start narrowing down possibilities, it'll become evident who the mafia are. Plus, if one or two people do get nightkilled, as least it will give the rest some basis or starting point in which to continue their investigations.

It just seems a bit of a cop out to say you're worried about the mafia.

That is my entire role as it were, i'm hiding nothing. There are no mystery/hidden powers to my role. I am simply an information gatherer, nothing more nothing less

Even just a target for night 1 or 2? Nobody is talking about pressure, but what am I curious about is what people have been doing so far.

Yeah even that. Think about what you're asking for.

If you knew, would it help? What would it do? Trust me, if it had been relevant thus far, I'd have said.

I have random powers. I made Dannyboy vanish last night.

Do you get to choose them? Are they powers that belong to other players do you know? The latter would be interesting if true, an indirect information role of sorts.

Yeah even that. Think about what you're asking for.

If you knew, would it help? What would it do? Trust me, if it had been relevant thus far, I'd have said.

If everyone had that mindset, nothing would get revealed and we would find out nothing. Slowly, we'd all get killed by mafia and we'd be lynching none of them because we had no info to go on.

Fuck it, someone else can ask the questions. I'm bored.

Urrrgh, really sorry everyone. I know my inactivity makes me suspicious, but I genuinely am ill. If I don't start getting better soon I'll be sure to let Jonnas know so he can look for a replacement for me because it's not fair on those of you who are actually playing...

Sprout, what did you do for Night 2? You've been quiet.

I targeted Magnus Peterson. Which makes these statements interesting:
I prevented someone from reaching my/their target - I have no knowledge as to who are what they are.
The swine I encountered, on their way to the one I had thought best to drop in on, was dealt a swift lesson in life's rugged affairs. Lesson learnt, said swine thought best to stay down to contemplate their dreams.
See, my power involves dreams. He claims he prevented someone from reaching his target, but unless there's someone else who deals with dreams, he did no such thing because I targeted him. I do believe that's a contradiction of sorts!

Vote Rummy

I'm at work and not been back through the parts I've missed, but so far I've only seen him saying discussion is pointless and being unwilling to give anything.

Flinks questions are legit, having your target tells us nothing at the moment but ties you down from lying about it later in the game.

Also @Magnus Peterson, care to explain?

If Rummy were to reveal his target it would be of no benefit to most of us. Depending on his power it might completely reveal it to his target, or a 3rd party if they targeted the same person. If Rummy had an important role that he'd rather keep quiet, I completely understand why he wouldn't want to reveal it simply because someone asked.

Just to provide a counter-argument :p

I do agree that if he is mafia it does also give him a lot of leeway to produce alibis later on but if he's unwilling to share I don't see the point in hounding him for it when the questions were baseless anyway. Is there anything on Rummy or was it simply someone wanting to know his target for no reason?

If Rummy were to reveal his target it would be of no benefit to most of us. Depending on his power it might completely reveal it to his target, or a 3rd party if they targeted the same person. If Rummy had an important role that he'd rather keep quiet, I completely understand why he wouldn't want to reveal it simply because someone asked.

Just to provide a counter-argument :p

I do agree that if he is mafia it does also give him a lot of leeway to produce alibis later on but if he's unwilling to share I don't see the point in hounding him for it when the questions were baseless anyway. Is there anything on Rummy or was it simply someone wanting to know his target for no reason?

Look at Sprout's post above. See, we've now got something extra to look at that we didn't have before. It allows us to start crossing off who we think is town and who could potentially be mafia. Plus, it gives us an indication of who might need investigating, protecting, etc.

So, I don't really like it being referred to as "finding out for no reason" because there is a reason to it. To win the game.

It may feel like myself and Animal are looking hard at information or people, but only because a lot of people haven't been incredibly forthcoming. We've had 2 townies dead, quite a bit of vague information which needs clarifying and some people just aren't saying anything at all. If the mafia kill again tonight, that will now be 3 townies. Will people stay just as silent then?

Do you get to choose them? Are they powers that belong to other players do you know? The latter would be interesting if true, an indirect information role of sorts.

No, I get told my power at the start of each night.