N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Haden

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to winning ways beating Dragpoooo 3-0. Now up for the big game against RFC. MOT!!!

Well done, you deserved the win.

Almost at the half way point of the season. I'm worried about Graciano Velho not making as much progress DV-wise as he could, because of his injury earlier in the season. It put him out for 4 games.

We'll be lucky to win another game this season. :p

Does anyone know right what age goalkeepers retire? Is it later than outfield players? I don't know how much longer my aged 28 keeper is going to stick around and how long I have to train up a replacement.

If he's still active in your team he'll most likely be on the later end of the retirement scale. I'd say he'll last you another 5 seasons for sure. Older players don't raise as easily as younger ones though so don't expect 5 skill raises out of him :p

If he's still active in your team he'll most likely be on the later end of the retirement scale. I'd say he'll last you another 5 seasons for sure. Older players don't raise as easily as younger ones though so don't expect 5 skill raises out of him :p

Yeah I reckon you'll get him until at least 35. Start training your youth keeper anyway though as you want him to be good when he takes over!

My older keeper hasn't played a game in a few seasons now and still shows no signs of retiring.

♪You score three, we'll score four,

However many you get, we'll score more!♪

Well played man, you did great. Not to take away from anything you did but more a chance to air my frustration, my youth goalie is on 3 form 7 dev and 9 form average with a 50% save rate.

What a pos. :(

Sorry everyone my internet has been dead for a week so couldnt do reports will catch up over the coming days :)

As much as I'm happy with the win against Fedex, it came at the cost of losing my 19-4 defender (who raised but not visibly) for 4 matches through injury. Annoyed at that! Can't see him getting his DV up to anything that would be decent :(

Glad I least got a point. Been a while since I got a point from Odwin.

Three points behind Submarine, but the season is far from over. Seems the main contenders from now on will be myself, Zell and Inter. Glad I the remaining matches against them are both at home.

Week 4: The reports appear missing

winding%20road%20next%2010%20miles.jpg

Leeds M.O.T 0-1 Kippen FC

Leeds went for an attacking 3-4-3 in this interesting game while Kippen chose to sit back with a defensive 5-4-1 line up. The betting man would have said Leeds were favourites to win this match up but they never really got going only making 1 clear cut chance in the entire game. Kippen got an early goal when Galvao nipped down the wing and hit a diagonal ball onto the gel covered head of a running MacEllar who dispatched it past the Leeds goalie. Leeds was fielding and even brought on during the game some youth players and it showed, veteran Kippen defender Liddel had a storming game and bullied the Leeds attack time and time again. Leeds had no bite and with Liddel and Vogele providing great joint leadership Leeds play was broke up time after time. The home fans left before the end and in truth this was not a match for the neutral but the Kippen manager was rightly pleased with this great away victory.

RFC 6-2 bob

The match everyone was looking forward to arrived today and it exceeded expectations! RFC of course went for the win with a 3-4-3 formation while bob surprisingly went for a balanced 4-4-2.

The game started on a low as RFC defender Gabor pulled up while running for the pull and was in a large amount of pain as he left the field. Things quickly got better for the home side as Normqvist smashed in a diving header to put them ahead, bob tried to respond but were hit on the break as a one two from Taveria to Weyermann and back again saw Taveria one on one with the goalie, he rounded him and made it 2-0 after 14 minutes. Bob do not know how to play boring football and came forward again, but this time a lazy pass was intercepted by Wijker who then threaded a ball through to Fosatti who poked it into the corner of the net. 3-0 after 18 minutes things were looking desperate for bob, it got worse when veteran striker Dongmo was taken off after a nasty collision in the air.

Dragooooo 4-0 The 64s

Dragooooo wanted to control this match up from the start and went out with a 4-5-1 formation against an ambitious 3-5-2 64s set up. Straight away the home side had the advantage and Wielink found himself with plenty of time to chip in a cross for Forsyth to put Dragooooo into the lead. At the 26th minute Wielink powered a header home from a corner to make it 2-0 and with 8 chances to 1 and nearly 70% possession the home fans were singing the praises of their team. Another corner that was not cleared just after half time saw Forsyth toe poke in his 2nd and then moments later Wielink cleared the wall from a direct free kick that curled into the net. The game slowed down after this wit Forsyth being brought off for a youth, he seemed unhappy he couldn't get his hat trick but clapped the crowd as he walked off. The 64s contained the home threat better but failed to make any clear cut chances. This was an easy victory for Dragooooo and a very damaging loss for the 64s who did not really show up.

Real Peeps 2-0 Hadens Rangers

This was a rather dull game that was won within the opening period of play, Peeps lined up with a strong 4-5-1 against a versatile 4-4-2 from Rangers. Pilgrim proved his enduring worth as he gave the game a rare moment of skill with an outstanding threaded ball to find McAuley running past his man, he chested it down and volleyed the goalie to a standing ovation. A few minutes later some rough Rangers tackling saw a penalty given away which Servidei hit into the right hand corner sending the goalie the wrong way. In the 2nd half the Rangers manager tried various substitutions to bring some life into his team but frankly they never looked like breaking down a very disciplined Peeps set up once never mind twice and created only one chance. Peeps also seemed to be content and no more chances were made by them. It was a rather dull game but an important 3 points for Peeps and a passionless display by Rangers.

Atheltico Aquila 1-4 The Comrade Co-op

This week was the week of 4-5-1 being the formation of winners as Co-op went for possession with this formation while Aquila suffered by having no driving focus with a 4-4-2 set up. At the start of the game Aquila did edge possession but their moves broke down in the final third as they only made 1 chance in the first half. The lone Co-op striker Balabin after losing his marker hit in a close range shot to give Co-op a surprise lead. Things looked to be turning Aquilas way in the 2nd half, they brought on a better striker and Co-ops midfielder Patrin was taken off the pitch with a horrible looking leg injury. However Co-op rallied after seeing this and Novoseltsiv whipped in a great cross for Vetov to touch home. Again Aquila tried to boost their team with a substitution and again were punished by Co-op soon after with another headed goal this time from Lyubimov. However Page who was brought on did score moments later in the 79th minute when he beat the last defender and rounded the goalie to make it 3-1. But any chances of a fightback were finished when Novoseltsiv hit in a cross that yet again Aquila failed to deal with and Balabin headed in his 2nd. Co-op had their tactics down to a tee while Aquila seemed to be reacting to Co-op rather than having a gameplan of their own, a great away victory.

Most Important Result: Co-op, they did great today with a clear tactical choice that was stuck to and got them a vital away win.

Style Award: RFC yet again were superb, they put in a tennis score against bob and remain one of the most stylish teams in the league.

Player Award: Wielink for Dragooooo was an inspiration today, making it look easy being involved in 3 goals.

Follow the leader-board! The winners of each category get put into a mini draw for a VIP!

Most Important Result: Leeds 1, Kippen 1, Co-op 1

Style Award: RFC 2, bob 1

Player Award: Rangers 1, RFC 1, Dragoooooo 1

Glad I least got a point. Been a while since I got a point from Odwin.

Three points behind Submarine, but the season is far from over. Seems the main contenders from now on will be myself, Zell and Inter. Glad I the remaining matches against them are both at home.

I'll be happy with 2nd or 3rd...will be progress from the last few seasons! Btw, could I have your interview answers either today or tomorrow so that I can get it out as my PR for this week? Cheers.

A fantastic 5-1 win without Daan Wielink or Johann Kellner. Even if we go down next season, I'm certain we can bounce back up straight away, possibly as champions.

Bottom of the Middle League looks interesting. Could be a fight between the bottom 4 or 5 teams. It'll be tight. Massive, massive achievement if we can stay up.

Week 5: Who is Mr Xpert?

great_gatsby.jpg

The 64s 0-2 RFC

The RFC carry on their good run of form with an away victory against a 64s team that lacked much of a bite. The 64s did line up with attack on the mind with a 3-4-3 set up but RFC seemed intent on control and attack playing 3-5-2. RFC did indeed gain control of the game and won the midfield battle against the 64s early. After some long periods of pressure the ball broke for Waugh who dispatched it with ease. The killer blow for the 64s was the fact that just before half time RFC gained a corner and Fosatti nailed a bouncing ball into the roof of the 64s net. The 64s brought on Bakir to provide their midfield with some strength and RFC goalscorer Waugh was taken off after a mis-timed challenge. However 64s could not take advantage of this they failed to make any real chances and it was RFC who looked the more likely to score. Matters were made worse for the 64s as veteran striker Riberio pulled up and was unable to carry on, with no more substitutes left the 64s finished the match with 10 men and were booed by their own fans. A great lesson in control and attack by RFC who pick up another 3 points.

Dragooooo 2-0 Real Peeps

Dragooooo scored a big victory against Real Peeps as they dominated this game from start to finish to the enjoyment of their fans. They set out with a 4-5-1 to control midfield while Peeps went for a 4-4-2 formation. Velho has a gift for being in the right place at the right time and showed it in this match when he went past his marker to slam in a well placed corner to give the home side the lead. Peeps were under siege with under 40% possession and 0 chances made to 6 or Dragooooo. The siege led to a second goal as Peeps tried to push forward but were caught on the break as Iacopino sprant past the back line and slammed the 2nd past a helpless Peeps goalie. The 2nd half saw Dragooooo give his players some experience with substitutions but Peeps kept faith in his youths and decided not to bring on any veterans to turn the game around. The game petered out slightly with the home side still in control, the only downside was the youth Ryding for Dragooooo limping off after being slide tackled from the side. This was the only downside as Dragoooo continue to capsulise on some good momentum with a 2nd win on the trot, Peeps will look to regroup after this game.

Hadens Rangers 3-0 Atheltico Aquila

Rangers were out for blood after their last poor game and went out to attack Aquila from the whistle with a 3-4-3 formation, that faced a 4-5-1 set up. Rangers seemed up for this game and the whole team wanted to get forward, defender McNiven took a corner that Conden headed in to make it 1-0. Rangers did not make a flood of chances but kept Aquila on the back foot, Rangers streamed forward when they could and hit Aquila hard on the break for the 2nd with McNiven flying down the wing to launch in a ball for Blanchflower to tap in. 5 minutes into the restart the game was over as Conden headed in his 2nd to make it 3-0, Rangers were at times to up for this game and seemed to fly into several tackles revelling in the crowd reaction. This cost them 4 yellow cards and two of these were given to Palmer who was given his marching orders on the 82nd minute causing the Rangers manager to rearrange his side with a sub. Still the game was long over and this was a great win for Rangers and an important one at that, Aquila weathered the storm and did not suffer a rout the experience of this game will benefit a lot of their youths.

Leeds M.O.T 6-2 bob

Leeds inflicted another harsh defeat on bob who lost 6-2 for the 2nd time in a row, Leeds set up with a 4-4-2 formation against an ambitious 3-5-2 from bob. The game started with the fastest goal this season so far as Carrero booted the ball forward to Largo who took a pot shot that looped over an unsteady bob goalie. Bob landed a corner minutes after and Ndieffi pounced as the ball was not cleared by Leeds back line. Then two minutes later Mancebo volleyed home a ball from a Leeds corner, this was all within 6 minutes! Leeds began to get a grip of the game and the peerless Mancebo curled in a cross for McGee to head home. Bob failed to track down Leeds wingers and this time Largo hit it in for Mancebo to head in his 2nd and Leeds 4th. The 2nd half started with more Leeds dominance, Mancebo found McGees head for number 5 and Burchell grabbed a goal after he sidestepped his marker and hit the ball home. A Nuafor header gave bob some dignity back but Leeds were rampant in this game and Mancebo was a whole different class. Bob are leaking goals at the moment and need to solidify themselves at the back. A great game for Leeds M.O.T.

Kippen F.C 5-0 The Comrade Co-op

This was another game which saw dominance from one team as a 3-5-2 Kippen swept aside a balanced 4-4-2 Co-op side. Co-op were boxed in from the start and failed to outmatch Kippens midfield at any point in this game, early pressure saw a free kick given to Kippen this led to Fraser whipping in a ball for Lazzarini to tap in. More pressure at 20 minutes saw a penalty given to Kippen, Fraser grabbed the ball straight away and chipped it right down the middle to the delight of the home fans. Fraser was indeed the puppet master during this match dictating pace and play, allowing Wemyss to have enough space for a long range goal and deftly putting through McMoist to make it 4-0. McMoist was on the scoresheet again just before the 2nd half as he curled in a stinger of a shot. With 60% possession in the 2nd half Kippen could have added more but seemed content to leave it at 5, the only worry was the imaginative midfielder Vogele who was badly injured during the 2nd half and will be missed in coming games. A great display by Kippen while Co-op will need to be stronger next time around.

Most Important Result: RFC get the only away win of the round and against a former top league side, a great result.

Style Award: Kippen played with utter control and style as they decimated Co-op, they could have scored 10 if they really would have gone for it.

Player Award: Mancebo for Leeds, the master was back in form today with two assists and two goals an amazing game for him!

Follow the leader-board! The winners of each category get put into a mini draw for a VIP!

Most Important Result: Leeds 1, Kippen 1, Co-op 1, RFC 1

Style Award: RFC 2, bob 1, Kippen 1

Player Award: Rangers 1, RFC 1, Dragoooooo 1, Leeds 1