N-Europe

[game thread] High Risk High Reward mafia

Sméagol

Shit, just realised I made a crucial typo earlier lol

It'll be balanced by the gun(s) that IS pointed at him, though. The chances of us all wiping each other out simultaneously tonight is quite unlikely - I'd imagine half our number at most dying, most probably less, in fact.

What gun is that?

Mafia probably won't kill him. He doesn't tend to put pieces together and he's drawing attention.

The only guns will be town guns. At least if he is lynched beforehand then you won't have loads of people all targeting the same guy.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, would the way to win be to co-ordinate? I don't know much game theory so my proposals would probably be hugely flawed but it reminds me of the vests from before.

If tonight, we all agree to kill me - then tomorrow all agree to kill someone else, then someone else etc - it will be deviated from by the terrorists, and the renegade townies - but could it work?

What gun is that?

Mafia probably won't kill him. He doesn't tend to put pieces together and he's drawing attention.

The only guns will be town guns. At least if he is lynched beforehand then you won't have loads of people all targeting the same guy.

And who will you kill tonight, if Jimbob isn't lynched today?

Rummy, if someone is going to nightkill Jimbob, there's no reason for anybody to kill anybody at random. If Jimbob is lynched, those who would kill him will simply lay down their guns (because, regardless of his alignment, the terrorists will want to keep him alive)

If Jimbob is mafia, then we want him dead. No, we don't know if he's mafia, it's impossible to know things in this game.

If he's townie, he's still going to kill someone random and participate very little in the discussion. Plus, the terrorists won't go for him, so he won't even be an extra target.

But isn't that a good thing? Less people die that way.

I know the game is called "high risk, high reward", but that doesn't mean we should be reckless.

Second: whether town lynch him now then do nothing, or all target him at night, it makes no difference.

It DOES make a difference. For him to die at night, it takes up someone's action; that reduces risk of that person's action being used to kill someone else. Or we just trust in everyone that they won't kill anyone tonight, but I don't believe even all the townies will do that.

But isn't that a good thing? Less people die that way.

I know the game is called "high risk, high reward", but that doesn't mean we should be reckless.

Well, at least you get what I'm saying, I think.

And who will you kill tonight, if Jimbob isn't lynched today?

The only difference between us lynching Jimbob now then doing nothing at night and all killing Jimbob at night is that Jimbob gets to kill someone. And it'll probably be a townie.

You seem to think if he's lynched now people will do nothing at night. Are you trying to say you won't do anything tonight? You won't kill anyone, if Jimbob was lynched now? I'd rather not take that risk.

If people want people dead, let them use their kill ability to do so; lynching frees up kill abilities - potentially leading to more deaths than otherwise.

Just thought I would mention that Smeagol warned against ending day 1 without lynching someone.

Ok, I hadn't actually seen that til now. The question would be; why isn't it? This day still has plenty of life in it(2 real life days), so I'd rather have theories or discussions on that. Especially given half of us might be dead tomorrow.

I'll follow the Jimbob lynch by the end of the day, I hadn't realised it was advised against no lynching

Just thought I would mention that Smeagol warned against ending day 1 without lynching someone.

Comment:

It wasn’t a “warning”. It was a tip based on my own ideas of the game, which you’re all going to hear when it’s over. I shouldn’t be telling you how to play my game, so feel free to use it or ignore it.

ARGH! YOU ARE CONFUSING ME SO!

So, any ideas on why a no lynch might be a bad idea? I'd assume it's bad for the majority of players, as we make the decision, so it must be something that could be of disadvantage to us?

Why would the town want to target people to be killed tonight. You seem to assume that town will randomly kill and that will just lead to everyone's death. The fact that you think that town will just want to kill anyone randomly makes me worried about your night actions.

@Rummy..

A no lynch is a bad idea because nobody knows anyone's alignment..

Therefore anyone could target anyone..

And so there's no coordination involved, just 13(?) guns pointing in any direction (yes some people could target the same victim, and we may even have a few pacifists amongst us, but)..

At the end of the day (ba-dum-ting) one less barrel for yourself, myself any-self to be starting down is a good thing for an individual's survival..

And with no communication we're all individuals..

And the winners will be the survivors.

All in all, whether your a citizen or a terrorist.. A lynch will benefit you.

This is why i'm thinking maybe there aren't that many terrorists. There's so little that's evening up the score for town that there might only be two of them. At the moment I am agreeing with Sheikah's conclusions on the matter of Lynch or Kill

Vote count

Jimbob [6]: Cube / Diageo / Jon Dedede / Jonnas / Sheikah / DuD

Yvonne [1]: Tales

No lynch [2]: Magnus Peterson / Jimbob

Not voting [4]: The Peeps / Yvonne / Mr-Paul / Rummy

There are 13 active players.

Absolute majority is 7.

Majority has not been reached.

Deadline is 17-05-2013 00:00 CET (16-05-2013 23:00 UK).

48 hours remaining.

Why would the town want to target people to be killed tonight. You seem to assume that town will randomly kill and that will just lead to everyone's death. The fact that you think that town will just want to kill anyone randomly makes me worried about your night actions.

I don't WANT the town to, but I don't trust them not to. I'd rather give them a target for their gun, than feel a bit itchy and shoot elsewhere. Plus it still leaves a target for terrorists to kill, too. If someone's killing Jimbob, they AREN'T killing someone else.

Just to point out, i am partaking this time. And having read the first page, understand whats going on. I know it's early, but it will be clear that killing me now benefits one side. And it isn't the town to be clear on that.

Reckon we'll get some bystander effect going on :D?

A possibility, but probably unlikely. Let me ask you straight, do you think YOU will kill anyone tonight?

I don't WANT the town to, but I don't trust them not to. I'd rather give them a target for their gun, than feel a bit itchy and shoot elsewhere. Plus it still leaves a target for terrorists to kill, too. If someone's killing Jimbob, they AREN'T killing someone else.

I should clarify this to say; it's a game of individuals. Do you trust them all to not use their power?

I've been in a game where everyone had a kill power before... I don't think any of the town used it... but that game had info gathering roles too so maybe people were afraid of using it, hitting a townie and getting caught.

If we lynch someone it gives us more information to work with tomorrow. It at least gives us something to go on. If we no lynch today, anyone who survives to day 2 will be in exactly the same position as we are today.

I don't think it's fair to lynch Jimbob but we're unlikely to vote for anyone else at this point...

If we lynch someone it gives us more information to work with tomorrow. It at least gives us something to go on. If we no lynch today, anyone who survives to day 2 will be in exactly the same position as we are today.

But if it's so minimal, what exactly does it give us, compared to the person dying in the night? Exactly what information do we have that we can work with tomorrow? None of the terrorists know each other. I don't see how we gain anything in the way of information from a lynch compared to a night-death.