N-Europe

[game thread] High Risk High Reward mafia

Sméagol

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It groups at least 7 people together. It tells us who wants to take action and who doesn't. It will give us a player's alignment before the night phase.

I understand that is what it does; but I'm saying what useful information can we determine from that? 7 people grouped together - ok, what does that mean? Who wants to take action - well, why does lynching have to be taking action? Player's alignment - we don't even know if that's true yet. Even with it, what does that mean? What does it give us of use? When nobody knows very much, all of this information feels like it will be unanchored and meaningless. How about you Peeps, do you think YOU will be killing anyone tonight? More importantly, do you trust all of the players in this game, assuming them to be town, not to think they can take matters into their own hands?

Actually yeah I think the most effective thing we can do is each day force everyone to come up with a full ranked suspicion list, including justification. Failing to do so will be a town sanctioned lynch/kill. Squeeze out all illogical behaviour.

What do people think? Take a vote on that? Majority wins?

I'll make a list when I get home if people think it's a good idea.

So @Rummy, if you don't lynch him it sounds like he's basically saying he's going to kill you.

I have a suspicion, it's not an assumption i would kill someone. So whats to say i believe you may also be a terroist and may target you tonight?

Personal opinion, i think Rummy stands out a little like a terroist

That's racist.

So @Rummy, if you don't lynch him it sounds like he's basically saying he's going to kill you.

So now you think that town ARE going to kill people, then?

I understand that is what it does; but I'm saying what useful information can we determine from that? 7 people grouped together - ok, what does that mean? Who wants to take action - well, why does lynching have to be taking action? Player's alignment - we don't even know if that's true yet. Even with it, what does that mean? What does it give us of use? When nobody knows very much, all of this information feels like it will be unanchored and meaningless. How about you Peeps, do you think YOU will be killing anyone tonight? More importantly, do you trust all of the players in this game, assuming them to be town, not to think they can take matters into their own hands?

The only way to play this game seems to be to kill people. Either we kill people or we don't. I probably will kill someone tonight and it'll probably be a townie. I fully believe the terrorists are going to kill tonight so what are the town going to do? Use their powers at semi-random or just sit there and wait to die? We could get lucky and the terrorists will kill themselves or we could drag the game out for a few days while our numbers dwindle to nothing.

I'll probably kill someone I think has been laying low. I'll have a re-read of the thread at the end of the day phase and make a decision.

If the town don't use their kill powers they're essentially just waiting to die. There's nothing to go on in this game so it's just pot luck. Do you think you'll be killing anyone?

We can be quite fast and loose with our voting, so it's a good opportunity to try and band together in thread and make certain information demands. We're trying to draw out behaviour more than juicy targets or powers.

This game is built upon speculation about speculation.

I still think a lynch today is statistically foolish. I still haven't decided whether or not I will kill tonight. It'sb quite a difficult decision.

Yvonne, I think your way just involves too much work to be fun but we can do it if it pleases the collaborative.

What is that based on? You could just be completely bullshitting to throw people off.

Maybe in reality you're a terrorist and you're planning to kill a non-suspect :p

Having said that, I pretty much agree with your list. I have no opinion on DuD and I think I suspect Cube a little.

My suspicions are the same as Yvonne's, with the exception that I do not suspect Magnus or Diageo.

I also do not plan on killing tonight, unless Jimbob manages to survive the day.

NEW POST: I should be clearer. I do not suspect Diageo, while Magnus is on the "I dunno" list.

Indeed, and you shouldn't take my list at face value, it could be complete fabrication. What you want to watch for is me mysteriously changing priorities, odd refusals to vote. If we pin people down and force them to explain themselves, inconsistencies are going to show through. That's why the first post is important to get out, but not necessarily as important in what it actually contains, at least at first.

Comment:

No changes, but for sake of convenience I’ll try to post one regularly.

Vote count

Jimbob [6]: Cube / Diageo / Jon Dedede / Jonnas / Sheikah / DuD

Yvonne [1]: Tales

No lynch [2]: Magnus Peterson / Jimbob

Not voting [4]: The Peeps / Yvonne / Mr-Paul / Rummy

There are 13 active players.

Absolute majority is 7.

Majority has not been reached.

Deadline is 17-05-2013 00:00 CET (16-05-2013 23:00 UK).

21 hours remaining.