N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokemon finally comes to home consoles!!

All jokes aside, I am actually really pumped for this one. I LOVE this game! :D (Not sure if I prefer this one or its GBC predecessor though. This one is really easy in comparison, but it's also really relaxing and has a really fun set of tables).

Time to max out the score counter once again! :D

Boooooo! I never got into this version at all. Give me the original one, Nintendo!

Street Fighter 2010 - Angry Video Game Nerd - Episode 85

We see the future in the past at circa 8.20. As bad as the original Street Fighter was on the Turbo GrafX16 CD it was nothing compared to the Commodore 64 version. I owned it and it was putrid. You'd never guess it and the sequel were related.

Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight (CAPCOM, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Ken from the Street Fighter series becomes a bionic warrior, out to avenge the death of his friend, in this spin-off side-scrolling shooter. Aliens have stolen a superhuman serum so, with his newly enhanced abilities, Ken must battle across the planets to stop them. Use your weaponry and athletic skills to liberate each planet, and seek out specific target enemies to clear the stage. Ken can backflip to evade damage, which can be upgraded to perform a powerful kick. It's time to take the fight from the streets and into space! This is the US version of the game.

The description makes it sound deadly, unfortunately it's not.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

The description makes it sound deadly, unfortunately it's not.

Street Fighter 2010 is actually unrelated to Street Fighter itself: if I recall, the US localization decided to change the Japanese name to sell more (and said that Ken was the main character). I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but that's the general gist of it.

Street Fighter 2010 is actually unrelated to Street Fighter itself: if I recall, the US localization decided to change the Japanese name to sell more (and said that Ken was the main character). I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but that's the general gist of it.

It's in the video I posted. The Japanese version had a character called Kevin Striker.

It's at the 5.40 mark.

Edited by Wii

Duck Hunt is on the Japanese VC next week. Chances are we'll get it too. Merry Christmas indeed!

Just saw that myself! Great stuff! :D

Could you do me a favour though Serebii? I found the VC manual on the Japanese site and I'm looking for any sign of an option to turn off the onscreen cursor...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/fehj/man_FEHJ_00.pdf

I see something that mentions "On/Off" with the d-pad under the control section... Please tell me that's a toggle that turns the onscreen cursor on and off!! (Obviously my knowledge of Japanese is non-existent).

This is a deal breaker for me if you can't turn it off. This game (and any future Zapper/Superscope VC release) will be completely ruined if there's no way to deactivate the onscreen cursor! Edit: Just realised that the first 6 Japanese characters are the same, so it almost certainly is an On/Off toggle for the cursor Thank God!

Regardless, could you please check anyway? Also, can you see any mention of a calibration option? I'm hoping it has a calibration screen for non-cursor use, like what SEGA's Wii lightgun games had.

Edited by Dcubed

Just saw that myself! Great stuff! :D

Could you do me a favour though Serebii? I found the VC manual on the Japanese site and I'm looking for any sign of an option to turn off the onscreen cursor...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/fehj/man_FEHJ_00.pdf

I see something that mentions "On/Off" with the d-pad under the control section... Please tell me that's a toggle that turns the onscreen cursor on and off!! (Obviously my knowledge of Japanese is non-existent).

This is a deal breaker for me if you can't turn it off. This game (and any future Zapper/Superscope VC release) will be completely ruined if there's no way to deactivate the onscreen cursor! Edit: Just realised that the first 6 Japanese characters are the same, so it almost certainly is an On/Off toggle for the cursor Thank God!

Regardless, could you please check anyway? Also, can you see any mention of a calibration option? I'm hoping it has a calibration screen for non-cursor use, like what SEGA's Wii lightgun games had.

照準カーソルの表⺬ON・OFF

Aiming Cursor Display On-Off

Yep yep :)

What does ⺬ mean? I couldn't find anything on Google and it's not recognised through translation programmes.

And I got "crosshair cursor table" so maybe you can choose different reticules. It's assigned to the d pad. Maybe up is on, down is off and left and right change the reticule.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

照準カーソルの表⺬ON・OFF

Aiming Cursor Display On-Off

Yep yep :)

Brilliant! The Zapper and Superscope games will indeed live on after the world's CRTs give out then! :D

Did you see anything about a Wii Remote calibration screen by any chance?

Brilliant! The Zapper and Superscope games will indeed live on after the world's CRTs give out then! :D

Did you see anything about a Wii Remote calibration screen by any chance?

Didn't see any mention of calibration or calibrate. If I remember rightly from Links Crossbow Training there was no calibration in that and it performed perfectly fine. I'd say it's a one size fits all. Chances are in 2 player you'll be passing round the remote and best have it so everybody's singing off the same sheet.

Doesn't the console have that as standard?

No, I'm talking about a calibration screen that's similar to what the SEGA lightgun games had.

If you've never played any of them, that'll probably mean nothing to you though.

Basically, those games had a brilliant option that basically had you calibrate the Wiimote pointer to the size and shape of your display. You just shot a target on the top left, one on the bottom right and then one in the middle. The game then did basic triangulation and made it so that the Wiimote would aim exactly at where you were pointing, so that you could aim down the sights of the remote and you would shoot exactly where you were aiming at. It worked perfectly.

I can't see any images about a similar calibration screen in Duck Hunt VC's manual, but I'm hoping that it does it on start-up or something like that. It would be fantastic if we had something similar here... It's extremely easy to implement and works disgustingly well!

It'll still be playable sans cursor without a calibration option, but not perfectly ideal as it might not match up perfectly to your TV depending on where you're sitting when you aim down the "barrel" of the remote (which is pretty important when you consider that the Zapper and the Superscope both had physical crosshaired sights on them that were designed to be used when looking down their respective barrels!). Mind you though, playing on the Gamepad would be a different story since that has a fixed size/shape screen and a built-in sensor bar, so the game already knows the size/shape of the Gamepad display...

Edited by Dcubed

I'd absolutely love to see a Wii Zapper version of Nintendo Super Scope 6 on Wii U VC as games such as Intercept and Mole Patrol were actually quite fun when I was younger :hehe:

It'd be great to be able to play them without having to squint through the Super Scope :grin:

As for Duck Hunt, I'd be thrilled if it comes out for Christmas as I've never played it before and I'd be happy to purchase it in order to qualify for my premium discount voucher :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!