N-Europe

Star Trek Mafia

Cube

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, what has Yvonne done?

Roleblocked and no kill. Claims to be neutral but says will investigate as town. Has a double vote. Has an unlikely sounding win condition. Could vote with Mafia even if the neutral thing is true. Has no role and is therefore no huge loss if is indeed neutral after lynch.

Easily worthy of lynch.

That sounds particularly poorly thought out. Why does town want to suicide so badly all the time? Here I am ABLE TO WIN WITH TOWN with DOUBLE VOTE. If town lynches me and then loses a townie in the night that's mafia 3 votes closer to winning, and as far as I can tell, we're no nearer to having any leads on any of them.

That is, unless you figure two townie redirectors is mayyyybe a bit weird in a 12p game.

Just sayin'

Also if I was mafia who came up town...you think I'd claim neutral? With the cop still alive?

Occam's razor please

That sounds particularly poorly thought out. Why does town want to suicide so badly all the time? Here I am ABLE TO WIN WITH TOWN with DOUBLE VOTE. If town lynches me and then loses a townie in the night that's mafia 3 votes closer to winning, and as far as I can tell, we're no nearer to having any leads on any of them.

That is, unless you figure two townie redirectors is mayyyybe a bit weird in a 12p game.

Just sayin'

Also if I was mafia who came up town...you think I'd claim neutral? With the cop still alive?

Occam's razor please

Explain how Magnus's behaviour was town.

I don't need to, maybe he's mafia. All that's sure is one of them is.

You say we should be focus on there being 2 town redirectors instead of you. I want to know how you think Magnus was town based on his behaviour in order to cast doubt on Jonnas.

As it stands we have absolutely no reason to trust you but some circumstantial info that highlights you as a potential killer. We're not exactly losing much if you turn up neutral either.

Occam's razor please

Oh, how the echoes ring loudly now.

'The least Mafia-like action becomes the most likely', or to similar effect. ;)

All info in Mafia can be considered circumstantial. We do at least categorically know that there was no kill last night, and that you were roleblocked. It's a lead.

Typing in capitals doesn't make your points any more valid. If it did Mafia could just yell I'M INNOCENT DAMN IT and win every single game.

I did miss the entirety of the last day phase, that was due to some big bank problems - I haven't caught up on the thread and wanted to before I post. To not answer your question, I didn't successfully make it to my target last night. I will try to properly go through the thread and then make a decent post.

You had chance to catch up? I am eager to hear from you this game!

Well if you're not prepared to fight for it, you deserve to be lynched.

There are some people in these games (not usually you Yvonne) who frankly contribute little and hardly ever push people for info. Jimbob is one such. I'd rather be someone who engages people and discusses finer points over several pages, even if it means people have to read through it. This kind of discussion often reveals a lot about players that wouldn't normally come out otherwise.

Your win condition sounds like it's made up to me Yvonne. If you're neutral, why would you have to wait 5 days to win with either side? Why does 5 days even come into it? Would you lose if the game ended early?

This game is going too slow. I admit, I haven't posted as much as I usually do, and I've had next to no info to share. I'm 100% sure most others will have more useful info, so if people were sharing a bit more we'd have more to discuss.

We've had two casualties in 4 days, right? One kill and one lynch. This makes anyone roleblocked after night 1 suspicious. Of course, someone being roleblocked isn't definitive evidence that they were the killer - but it makes them a suspect. And Yvonne's roleclaim is just not standing up for me. And even if he isn't lying - he's a neutral. He's disposable.

I completely disagree with all your points Sheikah. I will not be voting for Yvonne.

As long as you can see you disagree with logic, I'm fine with that.

This game is going too slow. I admit, I haven't posted as much as I usually do, and I've had next to no info to share. I'm 100% sure most others will have more useful info, so if people were sharing a bit more we'd have more to discuss.

We've had two casualties in 4 days, right? One kill and one lynch. This makes anyone roleblocked after night 1 suspicious. Of course, someone being roleblocked isn't definitive evidence that they were the killer - but it makes them a suspect. And Yvonne's roleclaim is just not standing up for me. And even if he isn't lying - he's a neutral. He's disposable.

Exactly. Being roleblocked and there being no kill first puts you on the radar.

After that we have a series of confessions from Yvonne that are pretty unusual - neutral but appears town, no role, can win with either side after 5 days. There's definitely enough to go on for a lynch, and we're in quite a strong position to afford to lynch.

Also, may be that I haven't played enough games, but I've never heard of a double vote that shows up after a lynch. It's another peculiarity about his claims.

I might have a bit more time to play today, depending on some external factors.

Rather than a deadlock with me dying at the end of it, it's worth having a recap of what's happened, maybe we can shake something loose. Who knows, maybe town will realise I'm worth keeping around (being neutral is fucking garbage sometimes)

All info in Mafia can be considered circumstantial. We do at least categorically know that there was no kill last night, and that you were roleblocked. It's a lead.

Typing in capitals doesn't make your points any more valid. If it did Mafia could just yell I'M INNOCENT DAMN IT and win every single game.

You had chance to catch up? I am eager to hear from you this game!

I fell asleep when I was, but I've sort of caught up. Tbh I think we might be looking at protectors more than roleblockers, as I haven't been successfully made it to my targets for the last two nights. There surely can only be so many roleblockers/coincidence to account for this.

Precisely. The mafia aren't getting kills, so either they're just not killing or they're being stopped. There's no point handing them free kills based on speculation. We are not in the game to lynch neutrals. We are trying to lynch mafiosos. Have we got anywhere near finding a mafioso today? Absolutely not. So the mafia are happy for this to continue as it's keeping pressure off them.

Lynching a townie or a neutral helps the mafia. I don't think the evidence for Yvonne is strong enough to lynch him, personally. Well, there is no evidence tbh, it's all just coincidence.

And Sheikah - there has been a role like that before. Long time ago, possibly in one of Cube's other mafias, where a double vote only showed up on majority.

So...if lynching Yvonne is not appealing enough (which I understand, there have been plenty of kill-less nights so far), how about going for someone more inactive?

Change Vote: Jimbob

Because seriously, there's very little to lose here.

That's fair enough, but I don't see any reason to believe anything he's saying. Maybe it's not worth a lynch yet, but he's definitely worth watching. Due to the weird nature of his apparent double vote, we don't even know if he has that. He may even abstain from future lynches on account of not wanting to have too much of an effect on the lynch.

If he really wanted to help town he would have just said he was town. If he appears town and is going to behave in accordance of town, and isn't one of the Mafia, he could have just assumed the role of a townie. As far as I can see his coming out, if true, is just to placate the Mafia and potentially avoid their attacks. Let's not forget that if the Mafia get closer to majority you can bet your damn life that Yvonne will help them out if they're close to winning.

In fact, he may actually be town, and is just saying this to avoid Mafia fire. In which case that'd be a pretty sweet tactic.