N-Europe

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

DuD

Am I really the only one who believes the census was made by a dumb cop of sorts, and that the results are reversed?

9 Townies and 6 Mafiosos still sounds disproportionate, but there's still the possibility of two teams of 3.

Or alternatively (and this is what I find more likely), there are 2 townies who appear evil when investigated. Perhaps they only looked evil in this particular night, too.

DuD says he wasn't lying so we at least know that the census reveal was legit, and I very much doubt it would be a 'dumb' census reveal as that would really screw things up.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's one big mafia, there is some mechanic in place that is preventing them from just quickhammering. Perhaps they have ineffectual votes, or reduced NK ability

If it's multiple, look out for very washy and conflicted jabs. Townies will be a small, scared group, unwilling to come out with roles. Mafia will be cagey, looking for confirmation of other mafia, and trying not to appear too scummy or dangerous. I'm wondering if many people are going to be offering information as a result.

Another thought - remember Peeps' cloak & dagger 1 mafia. The scum team in that had to meet up, so couldn't co-ordinate their attacks until later in the game. Maybe this is a less lethal version of that, and there is some reduced information penalty that stops mafia being able to co-ordinate a hit. If that were true, all nine mafia players could come out right now IN THREAD and call for a vote on the remaining players, so I find that unlikely. Though that scenario would be a bunch of people trying to convince the others that they were in fact mafia - the game totally turned on its head!

DuD this game is bananas!

DuD says he wasn't lying

Look, if we're going to trust everyone who says "I'm not lying" literally and at face value, we're not going to get far.

The census clearly has some logic behind it, and I'm betting it's the twisted kind. And in that case, "truth" is just "truth from a certain point of view".

DuD this game is bananas!

We can't really say that for sure until we can confirm that Donkey Kong is in the game, though.

Look, if we're going to trust everyone who says "I'm not lying" literally and at face value, we're not going to get far.

The census clearly has some logic behind it, and I'm betting it's the twisted kind. And in that case, "truth" is just "truth from a certain point of view".

We can't really say that for sure until we can confirm that Donkey Kong is in the game, though.

But there's no more evidence to suggest that there are Mafia teams than there are to suggest DuD was lying.

vote Jon Dedede

anyone who reveals anything about who got the vests should be killed

it only increases the chances of a successful NK by eliminating protected people.

As the votes for the vests were made before the first night, I don't think people could pick anyone specifically to protect as there's no info.

You were saying something about washy jabs? :p

Interesting, nothing in my role allows me to protect myself/anyone else so if true then it sounds like I could have been protected.

I'm not sure what to make of the apparently huge number of Mafia. If there's 2 Mafia teams then how is it decided who gets to make a kill? Maybe alternate nights each group gets to kill? It also means more people must be lynched for town to win than in a typical game. Tough if true (I don't know whether DuD's messages could potentially be falsified).

How about you tell us a little more about your power? Or who you targetted last night? OR something other than just talking around the game.

Suppose this too Sheikah - if there aren't multiple mafia teams - then what is their win condition? I'd say majority's been a little bit reached already, assuming DuD's post to be true. I will, for now, assume that...but with a pinch of salt.

How about you tell us a little more about your power? Or who you targetted last night? OR something other than just talking around the game.

Umm, yeah, making demands of people on D2 really isn't going to work for you. And how about asking any of the many players who have revealed nothing the same thing? Chill out maybe?

Suppose this too Sheikah - if there aren't multiple mafia teams - then what is their win condition? I'd say majority's been a little bit reached already, assuming DuD's post to be true. I will, for now, assume that...but with a pinch of salt.

I'm the one saying there probably are teams, Jonnas said that he thought it might be a dodgy census. I would be more willing to trust the game mod who said he wasn't lying than think there's a dumb cop, personally.

DuD made it pretty clear that the census was down to one of his own Gadd-gets, so that number isn't from the incompetence of a player, and the GM lying would be ridiculous.

Shall we move on? Did anything happen to anyone apart from Sheikah?

Oh, not a demand @Sheikah. I know about you, I just want to see whether you think you can be honest with the town this game.

It's your choice, reveal it yourself or I'll reveal it for you. I know what you did last night, and I'm happy to vote for you for it. This is a game where so much is uncertain I don't mind dying, as I think it'd be of greater benefit to figure out what's going on.

Vote:Sheikah

I agree with mr-paul on this, I think we should face the reality that this is going to be a very unconventional game.

@Jon Dedede yesterday I explained why revealing info about who got vests is anti town.

If people know for sure who has the vests, they are rendered ineffective. Night kills are the domain of mafia, and stopping them helps town. Votes are the weapon of town.

Revealing you don't have a vest increases the chances that someone else does have it.

Lying about having a vest will draw out the people who actually do have them.

Basically the less information there is out there about who has a vest, the less mafia has to go on and the more likely they will mess up and fail a kill.

ALSO something interesting about the votes if there are three teams of three mafia:

majority is 6. There need to be at least 2 mafia on any successful lynch today. There's no reason for a small mafia to bus a partner this early on, unless the lynch is inevitable. That means the vote information is going to be a goldmine.

I agree with mr-paul on this, I think we should face the reality that this is going to be a very unconventional game.

@Jon Dedede yesterday I explained why revealing info about who got vests is anti town.

If people know for sure who has the vests, they are rendered ineffective. Night kills are the domain of mafia, and stopping them helps town. Votes are the weapon of town.

Revealing you don't have a vest increases the chances that someone else does have it.

Lying about having a vest will draw out the people who actually do have them.

Basically the less information there is out there about who has a vest, the less mafia has to go on and the more likely they will mess up and fail a kill.

ALSO something interesting about the votes if there are three teams of three mafia:

majority is 6. There need to be at least 2 mafia on any successful lynch today. There's no reason for a small mafia to bus a partner this early on, unless the lynch is inevitable. That means the vote information is going to be a goldmine.

Sorry I haven't read through yesterday properly...still recovering from the last game. I was under the impression you get a vest before the night actions an it changes each night depending on votes? Why would it matter if people spoke after the night phase if the vests get re-allocated?

(Or have I missed something here :confused: )

But there's no more evidence to suggest that there are Mafia teams than there are to suggest DuD was lying.

True, I did sound a tad too dismissive of that theory.

But I'm sticking with my "the census is flawed" theory. If it wasn't a player, it was the Gadd-get itself.

So E.Gadd is probably DuD's character then. I wonder what the mechanic for finding his inventions are. I wonder how much flavour information is going to help with deductions too. We already have marc's character, or at least I think we do...

Anyone willing to come out with what universe they're from?

Oh, not a demand @Sheikah. I know about you, I just want to see whether you think you can be honest with the town this game.

It's your choice, reveal it yourself or I'll reveal it for you. I know what you did last night, and I'm happy to vote for you for it. This is a game where so much is uncertain I don't mind dying, as I think it'd be of greater benefit to figure out what's going on.

Vote:Sheikah

My statement 'I don't want to reveal my character on D2' couldn't be more honest.

If you have info on my role I'd obviously prefer you to use tact and treat how you would want to be treated this early in the game.

I think one problem with the setup is you've got 9 people who don't really want to put out their information, though would gladly take info wherever they can get it to better co-ordinate their actions.

@Rummy I have an idea about Sheikah and I would like to know your info before I decide what to do.

You never made that statement, so I don't know why you just put it in quotes.

Now, we both know that what you did last night is already out in the thread, so I'm going to suggest again - come forward and show you have nothing to hide, or I reveal it for you.

As for the tact, I simply don't trust you. Your push for the vests yesterday, the fact you're being shady about last night; my tact is giving you the chance to explain yourself.

This early on in the game, I'd like there to be as much info as we can given the crazy circumstances. You either help by bringing that info forward, or you hinder. You've got the oppurtunity to explain yourself first, nobody's going to believe you later given your previous history of lying.

(all of this post was @Sheikah)

I think one problem with the setup is you've got 9 people who don't really want to put out their information, though would gladly take info wherever they can get it to better co-ordinate their actions.

@Rummy I have an idea about Sheikah and I would like to know your info before I decide what to do.

I'd doubt it is as you think, but even so. I will give him the oppurtunity to explain himself first; I think I'm on the money with this given his behaviour so far. He's stalling to avoid being caught out lying, classic mafia tactic.

I think he's mafia purely for the fact that he said he was mafia in a post earlier. It's the kind of thing someone would bring up in the endgame and say "I told you so". At that time he probably thought he was just one of a few. That's partly why I think there must be multiple groups.

I share your thoughts Rummy; this early in the game it's useful to know more.

Therefore, I'd rather hear from you what info you have on me, so we can at the very least exchange info on each other. From where I'm standing it sounds like you could be a tracker or role cop, so tell me more. Telling me what info you have will elaborate.