N-Europe

Parks and Recreation

Ashley

The first season is blah, the rest is inspired.

Yeah, but it's only six episodes (two of which are on Wednesday) so no big thing.

It has Zwaaa dude from Scrubs. SOLD!

In fact, it's the reason he left Scrubs.

#facts

In fact, it's the reason he left Scrubs.

#facts

Didn't know that... I'm glad it worked out this way because I think I would've really hated him in Scrubs if he'd been in it more. As it stands his appearance is just about bearable. His character in Parks and Rec is much better... even though they're kind of similar, he was more of an annoying tool with no redeemable qualities in Scrubs.

• 6 months later...

Started watching this recently, I was very surprised to find out that Ron Swanson is not the main character :heh: I like it quite a lot so far, finding it considerably better than community which was quite disappointing given the amount people seemed to go in about it.

I really want to watch this.

Is it on Netflix?

Only on the US version.

Stick it out through the first season (six episodes) which aren't the best and it just gets better and better from then on. I'm not a fan of similar programmes like The Office, but Parks and Rec is literally one of the most funny things around.

There's a Netflix vs Lovefilm thread a page or two (at most) back that some people detail about how to unblock a PS3 without paying, but I use unblock-us because you can switch countries easily (yay Swedish for Veronica Mars & Chuck!)