NEurope
Cube

Drive Club

Well, i spoke too soon. Managed to get 2 hours online before disconnecting again. Oh well, nice to be able to see part of the online features.

Was online this afternoon so played a bunch of multiplayer, our club is now up to level 7 but with 5 other members contributing it should jump up very quickly now.

You should all have a notification from Playstation which will give you you 3 free dlc cars and a points multiplyer too.

Some more updates on the server issue:

Over the next 24 hours we are rolling out a new game update alongside server upgrades that will help to improve server performance, clubs and multiplayer functionality.

We are also running essential diagnostics periodically to help us continue to improve server performance, which may disrupt online play for you when you get connected. This will be kept to a minimum.

We're glad that more of you are getting to play online but we are sorry that many players are still having a hard time getting connected. We are working around the clock to improve connectivity and will keep you informed as we continue to make progress.

Try try again mate!

I managed to get online tonight and joined the club. Hoooraaaaay!

I've also got those 3 free DLC cars. Double hoorrray.

2ayfkdA.gif

I managed to get online tonight and joined the club. Hoooraaaaay!

Yup "The Choc Chips" is now full with 6 members!

New patch is up!

Update notes 1.04

- implement several game-side Multiplayer improvements to reduce server load.

- fixes scheduled events from occasionally dissapearing from the Event browser in Multiplayer

- fixes incorrect target times / scores from appearing in time trial and drift events

Hopefully challenges won't be too far away - in the meantime I've set some times on the leaderboards which you can try and beat! (you probably will!).

I am terrible at the drift challenges. Hopefully I'll get better. I guess I brake too much/not in the right way?

It depends on how i go into the corner with drift challenges, sometimes i go in ok and powerslide around it and drive back out. Other times, i go in and powerslide and do a 180.

Forgot to say earlier that face offs are working in multiplayer races the only thing missing now is challenges.

So are the servers at least now 'Up' reliably?

I noticed that I now have a proper 'club' as the one person I invited to join - my friend Dave who I've known for years and who love driving games - is now in the Club but because the servers were down again it doesn't seem to count towards much so I just beat one more challenge - I've played it three times in the week its been out - and am now just waiting for the servers to be functioning more reliably. :heh:

As for the game itself I still really like it :) by the way if anyone from here wants to join my club then they can, just ask... it's got a Final Fantasy theme as it's called 'Kupo Club' - because why not? - so if that sways anyone's decision to join then all the better, just thought I'd put it out there seeing as we already have one N-E club that's full which is good to see as it shows that lots of people on here have the game and are willing to play it online which is a good start... when we have the online. ;)

So are the servers at least now 'Up' reliably?

I noticed that I now have a proper 'club' as the one person I invited to join - my friend Dave who I've known for years and who love driving games - is now in the Club but because the servers were down again it doesn't seem to count towards much so I just beat one more challenge - I've played it three times in the week its been out - and am now just waiting for the servers to be functioning more reliably. :heh:

As for the game itself I still really like it :) by the way if anyone from here wants to join my club then they can, just ask... it's got a Final Fantasy theme as it's called 'Kupo Club' - because why not? - so if that sways anyone's decision to join then all the better, just thought I'd put it out there seeing as we already have one N-E club that's full which is good to see as it shows that lots of people on here have the game and are willing to play it online which is a good start... when we have the online. ;)

Servers seem very stable today.

Another club eh? Brilliant! I can se this getting very competitive. If your not in a club yet join @S\.C\.G 's one.

haha.png

2014-10-1623_22_358eum8.gif

Edited by Cookyman

For the love of god, the update file now fails when you try to download. Jesus Christ!

For the love of god, the update file now fails when you try to download. Jesus Christ!

Kep hitting retry it does work and makes online really stable (honest).

I did download eventually, online didn't connect.

Might be because of this, try later.

We are also running essential diagnostics periodically to help us continue to improve server performance, which may disrupt online play for you when you get connected. This will be kept to a minimum.

Challenges popped up earlier this afternoon very briefly but is locked again now hopefully will be unlocked soon. In the meantime try some of the times I've set in the time trials!

Got the club level to 10 earlier, very nice. I'm having a bash at some of the times you've set @Cookyman, managed to beat one so far. And at least my online is lasting this time.

honestly starting to think that this game will never be totally fixed online.

absolute clusterfuck! wouldnt be surprised if the free edition gets cancelled.

Was online this afternoon so played a bunch of multiplayer, our club is now up to level 7 but with 5 other members contributing it should jump up very quickly now.

You should all have a notification from Playstation which will give you you 3 free dlc cars and a points multiplyer too.

Some more updates on the server issue:

I don't have this notification?

Screw this game. Finally thought I could play some multiplayer yet every event I register for I get an error message once it tries to create a match.

Edited by liger05

I think the challenges have arrived, was doing a tour and had 3 random challenges appear in-game. Managed to beat 2 of them, but one was impossible (unless i was using a Rocket, average speed of over 7k).

I think the challenges have arrived, was doing a tour and had 3 random challenges appear in-game. Managed to beat 2 of them, but one was impossible (unless i was using a Rocket, average speed of over 7k).

Those aren't challenges, those are face offs.

absolute clusterfuck! wouldnt be surprised if the free edition gets cancelled.

It won't! Come on, I know your angry but there is no way in hell the free edition will get cancelled. It's delayed that's all.

Try not to flip out!

jmajbu.gif

I don't have this notification?

You should have got it here:

PS4-Firmware-v1.70-From-PlayStation.jpg

Edited by Cookyman
Automerged Doublepost

Man this game is fucking intense, the sense of speed is insane trying to tame your pagani hyura as your bouncing over a bumby road knowing one little mistake will cost you the race, having to go easy on the accelerator as you feel the back end about to pop out. Gripping onto the controller so tight its so mental.

Those aren't challenges, those are face offs.

It won't! Come on, I know your angry but there is no way in hell the free edition will get cancelled. It's delayed that's all.

Try not to flip out!

jmajbu.gif

You should have got it here:

PS4-Firmware-v1.70-From-PlayStation.jpg

Is it cos PSN went down. Couldn't see my friends list.

Wtf is the deal with PSN? It has problems too often and lack of updates compared to MS who are updating Live monthly.

Coming from Live to PSN gotta say PSN is way behind.

I have a feeling match making would have worked last night if PSN wasn't down, I joined you cooky but I presume you were getting the same message as me.

I have a feeling match making would have worked last night if PSN wasn't down, I joined you cooky but I presume you were getting the same message as me.

Yeah frustrating wasn't it?

This morning went online no problem and multiplayer worked great too so levelled up a bit more and earned a shit load for the club!

I left my PS4 on standby earlier, may try and use the Vita remote play to have a few races during my lunch.

I've had this pre-ordered for some time now, and was really looking forward to it, but I have to say what a complete disappointment this has been. I can live with the network issues as I am sure they will be resolved. It's kind of expected now with any big release that network issues will plague the release window.

My concerns, and I understand this is a controversial opinion, is how utterly bland this game is. The graphics are (imo) average, the environments boring, and the tracks aren't the most inspired design I've seen in a racing game.

Next Gen, this is not.