N-Europe

Drive Club

Cube

I reckon they might tweak them slightly, although a lot of folk on neogaf were defending them.

Looking at the videos I imagine they'll just change the rear bumper collisions because it doesn't make sense to penalise the player for wanky AI behaviour.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems that this fantastic Online Orientated racer currently has no working online. :heh:

It seems to be an issue for everyone at the moment but at least the developers are working hard to get it up and running. :)

Just had my first couple of races on it, played with the control pad and motion controls using the officially licensed Compact Racing Wheel both of which seem to be decent control options, I'm reasonably impressed so far, glad I stuck with my pre-order. :D

Now all we need is the online and this game should be a pretty all-round awesome driving experience, for now though I intend to play the heck out of the single player challenges. : peace:

First impressions are good. Its like PGR but with scenic views. They really do have to patch the points system, getting rammed by other cars from the side and back sucks as you get points deductions even though you didn't do anything wrong.

Plus it took my a couple of tries to come first on the first race. I might have trouble with this game as it progresses.

Edited by bryanee

Glad it's offline right now as my driving is shit :). Controls are really rather fab, though must master drifting. Graphically it very pretty, only been to India so far though and apparently it's the weakest visually.

I do like a good racer, and this looks right up my street. Look forward to seeing you all online!

I played this for a good few hours last night and I'm really very impressed by it. :)

As it happens I opted to stick with motion control as it's just so good, it's at a better level than the Microsoft speed wheel which was a dedicated wireless wheel costing in excess of £40 at the time, whereas this is just using the tech in the PS4 pad to rather brilliant effect which is further enhanced if you're using the officially licensed Compact Racing Wheel shell, which I've just checked and it seems that ShopTo don't have it in stock any more but other retailers do - I ended up nabbing the last one in stock about a month or so ago as it happens :heh: - but for anyone interested I looked on the 4Gamers website and it seems there's a Drive Club branded one exactly the same but with the DC logo so there will surely be plenty around soon, but I can't recommend it enough, it's pretty decent for only £12 much cheaper than a proper wheel. : peace:

http://4gamers.net/products-format/ps4/

All the challenges in this game are fantastic, I reached level 12 last night after only a few hours, plenty to see and do, also 'dem graphics! :D

Well, what can i say. Played about 2 hours, did some time trails and challenges. I'm impressed by it, even more so than the 15 or so minutes i played a few weeks ago. Redeemed my pre-order codes, downloaded the free car available on PSN. Still considering the Season pass, but for £19.99 can't go wrong really.

@Cookyman, got the invite to join the club. I'll be able to do so, once the Driveclub servers work properly.

Edited by Jimbob

Played more of this and I don't get the bad reviews. Even with the fucked servers it's a cracking driving game which just gets better with the faster cars being unlocked. Once the social element kicks in this should become ridiculously competitive on here. If you want to join my team The Choc Chips then let me know!

658fe918d6159e8e478bc2edf7942a2b.png

It's winning me around, not tried the social aspects stuff yet just the single player. I'm hoping that the game's strict penalty system will force me to become a better player at driving games. Having said that, doing doughnuts in time trial is equally as fun :)

I think the collision penalties are stupid. Getting deducted points because someone rammed into me? Yeah, not fair. Also, the cornering penalties, I get them I just don't think they've been handled well...although not that big a deal.

Having said all that, I'm really enjoying it. It's a lot of fun. I thought it was a bit weak at first but I forgot that racing games (like PGR) get better the more cars you unlock.

Also, it feels a little dead because it's stuck offline at the moment. When the servers come on properly, all those greyed out options are going to open up and look like they're going to make the game much more involved. I'm almost certain they've delayed the Plus version because the asynchronous multiplayer is a massive part of the game and with servers down I'm feeling that is missing.

Can't wait until it's fully online.

I'm certainly enjoying it more now I can actually turn a corner without hitting a wall. I'd never been able to get the knack of "realistic" racers before, but then again I'd never bought one before.

I haven't been able to connect to the server yet, but in a way being forced to play offline is helping me practice. Level 17 at the moment. :D

I'm certainly enjoying it more now I can actually turn a corner without hitting a wall. I'd never been able to get the knack of "realistic" racers before, but then again I'd never bought one before.

I haven't been able to connect to the server yet, but in a way being forced to play offline is helping me practice. Level 17 at the moment. :D

I'm level 17 too with 52 stars. The controls are spot on and the sense of speed is sublime. Once the social features kick in this is going to be brilliant as this video clearly demonstrates.

Pretty impressive I think you'll agree.

My love graph for this game is quite funny.

Thursday night, playing it after Alien Isolation: "am tired, game seems nice, sleep pls."

Friday night after a loooong day/week at work: "am still tired, game seems nicer, looks pretty, sleep."

Saturday morning/noon after a loooong night's sleep and much needed rest: "Whut, it's beautiful, fuarkkk."

The game controls really well, imo. I struggled at first and kept hitting EVERYTHING. Being a mainly Nintendo gamer in the past and being a Mario Kart fan, I never really used the brake button much. Just hammer the accelerator, fire some shells, win 60% of the time everytime.

There is a definite learning curve for this game. It almost forces you to be a perfect driver and to not over-steer on the corners or collide with other vehicles. Sometimes it is unavoidable to hit another vehicle, but the penalty is minor, imo. I guess the idea behind that is to promote the actual driving, learning of the corners and layouts, rather than purposefully being a dick to others and bashing them out of the way. Possibly?

Either way, I'm a big fan of it. I've spent most of my day on it and am level 15 atm. One thing that I am in absolute awe of is the time cycle, being able to start off a level in the dark and it being light when the race is over, or vice versa. It's beautiful.

Give me my weatherrrrrr.

I think the reviews pretty much are spot on. It's not a bad game at all is just not that special either.

The server issue is disgraceful and it's laughable that this game was due out as a launch title and nearly a year later the game comes out and the servers are messed up.