Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

inFamous: Second Son / First Light

Cube

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You played one of these games before? You going good or evil during your first run of the game?

I've played the first. I play according to my mood at the time, it's not likely that I'll play it through more than once. I don't care for good/bad endings or anything of the sort.

• 2 weeks later...

Evil Karma/Extreme playthrough done. Did only the story missions...

If this game didn't have the sidequests it would be such a waste of money. I haven't noticed it when I first finished it but the missions are really boring...:blank:

Thankfully the side activities were there to distract me enough in my first playthrough. It was much more enjoyable : peace:

All in all a good game. Nothing spectacular, but if you like super-power-games and own a PS4 this is a must buy :yay:

Now to clean up all the remaining evil trophies and then:

1L889b63.png

First Light is supposed to have a Platinum, too :bowdown:

Does anybody know if you have to own Second Son to access the bonuses (whatever they are) in First Light, i.e. is it enough to have played the original game or should I keep my copy for now?

I know it is. But you're supposed to get some kind of bonus when you have both games/play both games. And I'd love to know whether I should keep Second Son to get that bonus or whether it is enough to have a record of me playing this on my PSN account :)

I know it is. But you're supposed to get some kind of bonus when you have both games/play both games. And I'd love to know whether I should keep Second Son to get that bonus or whether it is enough to have a record of me playing this on my PSN account :)

It probably just looks for a Second Son save file on your machine so you should be fine. That's how it worked for bonuses in Infamous 2.:)

Apparently digital pre-orders of First Light are being cancelled left and right. Pre-loading should've been available today but alas...

Rumour has it that the game will get a PS+ treatment of some sort (that is either being a free game for PS+ members in September - which I find highly unlikely - or a PS+ discount).

Official statement: Technical issues.

Well, I wanted to pre-order/pre-load it today, but now I will wait and see what'll happen.

Been playing more of this and I'm liking it more and more. I think it's pretty basic and lacks a bit of class, but it's becoming more and more fun as I unlock more abilities, and I hate open world games, but I enjoy doing all the little things in this game. Feels like it has much more purpose than say gta.

And switch? Why couldn't I switch before this moment and why can't I switch back to neon now? It's very weird. Is it to serve the story or am I just doing something wrong .

You have to find a power source to change your power. For example you get smoke from chimneys or smoking cars and neon from neon signs.

You have to find a power source to change your power. For example you get smoke from chimneys or smoking cars and neon from neon signs.

Yeah I get that. But when I turned neon when I went to get smoke it wouldn't let me. Or let me use smoke powers. Just neon. Then suddenly, randomly, I'm smoke again and can't change to neon. Just wondered if I could manually change between the two, or it changes it depending on the mission.

Yeah I get that. But when I turned neon when I went to get smoke it wouldn't let me. Or let me use smoke powers. Just neon. Then suddenly, randomly, I'm smoke again and can't change to neon. Just wondered if I could manually change between the two, or it changes it depending on the mission.

Normally you can just change at will, whenever you find the right source. Guess you have to finish a certain mission before you can do that. (Can't remember exactly)

When you first get a new power type, you're stuck with it for a little bit. After that it changes whenever you absorb that type. There's one point in the game where they want you to be on smoke, so they have Delsin absorb a smoke grenade during a cutscene. There's no reason you wouldn't be able to change back from smoke though, except during that sequence where there's no neon sources til the end.

When you first get a new power type, you're stuck with it for a little bit. After that it changes whenever you absorb that type. There's one point in the game where they want you to be on smoke, so they have Delsin absorb a smoke grenade during a cutscene. There's no reason you wouldn't be able to change back from smoke though, except during that sequence where there's no neon sources til the end.

Ah okay. That's exactly the bit I'm on. Weird it doesn't let you swap before hand or explain why. I went to absorb smoke as neon and it hurt him and he said something like it doesn't work. Wouldn't have been hard to turn it into a plot point rather than an invisible barrier.

In a sense I think you're supposed to be figuring it out just as he does. When he says it doesn't work, he's just as surprised as you. That's what I figured, anyway. You could've switched back to smoke before that cutscene, I think, basically after you finish getting all the blast cores for Neon powers. But then you'd have to go back to Neon to get up that wall on the bridge (just to have it taken again).

Started First Light and after getting all the collectibles that are - were - available to me from the start I can say: Fetch's neon powers are so much better then everything Delsin had to offer.

I spent 1 1/2 hours of collecting Lumens and doing the races/graffiti and I didn't get bored :laughing:

Running/jumping through the city is much more satisfying with Fetch!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!