Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Japanese Cooking

Domo Kun

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't quite call myself Wapanese (depends how you define it)- I'm just obsessed with Japan. It doesn't mean I think I'm Japanese.

But meh... maybe that it Wapanese... If so, so be it!

Oh, and I don't just learn Japanese from anime. :heh:

毎日日本語を勉強します!

There- something actually in Japanese (although I'm not too sure of the kanji for "benkyo").

EDIT: Fixed.

Hajimemashite, dozo euroshko. Watashi wa Atifu desu, jyu roku sai desi to koku sei desu. Tabemono wa, ramen ga suki desu, demo sushi wa suki dewa arimasen.

Hey! I understood that! And yes, most people here are a bit obsessed with Japan (including me), based on what they saw in animes, I wouldn't call it wapanese it's more Otaku.

Hajimemashite, dozo euroshko. Watashi wa Atifu desu, jyu roku sai desi to koku sei desu. Tabemono wa, ramen ga suki desu, demo sushi wa suki dewa arimasen.

I'm getting there.

This is what I gathered from my Japanese skills (learned through anime and Shenmue II). Hello nice to meet you. My name is Atif bla bla. I love ramen but I love sushi the most (?). Yeah, I really have no idea. I intend to learn Japanese when I have the time.

My girlfriend is Japanese and as she lives with me makes me Japanese food quite a lot and we go to japanese restraunts quite a lot as well. :-/

Ermmm, I know some Japanese, but, not really the spellings so I don't even bother without my girlfriend correcting me. ^^d

As for the food well I really like it and ermmm wagamama whilst being alright isn't exactly a "proper" ramen place..... :-/ Ermm oh and miso sucks..... So nasty....

Ahhh, I know something I can spell in Japanese...... Eigo ga wakarimasu ka? I'm guessing the answer is yes for all of you. XD

Oh and I wanna go to Japan this year... We'll see. :)

• 3 months later...

Anyone been to Sakura Restaurant in London? I found it accidentally the other day and I love it there. The food is good and it's "cheap" for a japanese restaunt of this level. They have a huge variety. They seem to be open throughout the afternoon and evening, but I think they have a very small menu from around 2 to 5. but otherwise they serve millions of authentic dishes. I could go there every day if I lived nearby.

It's just off Regent street. Get off at Oxford Circus and walk down Regent street, then turn in towards Hanover Square. I think the actual road is called Hanover road, but not sure. One down side is that its such a popular place they have a quick circulation and are hasty. So it's no good for relaxing but that's the price you pay for good value I suppose.

Sushi there is brill and relatively cheap. The sushi box crap you get in Waitrose tastes like a pile of poo in comparison.

Another take-away sushi place I found is Japan Centre on Piccadilly road, like 1 min walk from the statue of eros. They sell cheap boxed sushi in the basement. You'll never buy the supermarket sushi crap once you taste them.

You guys should check out a resturant called Misato in Central London its small near china town

The line is huge and mostly japanese tourist go there. The plate is huge. I like it. Better than Wagamamaam (whatever the spelling :P ) and cheaper to

Misato's nice, but my favourite Japanese resturant in London is Satsuma. I read a review of a place off Oxford Street that does traditional Kyoto cuisine for a few hundred pounds a meal. Sounds amazing, if a little bit of a waste of money.

You guys should check out a resturant called Misato in Central London its small near china town

The line is huge and mostly japanese tourist go there. The plate is huge. I like it. Better than Wagamamaam (whatever the spelling :P ) and cheaper to

I've been there too many times now. lol It's a decent restaurant, but, I've never really understood the massive lines.... The food isn't THAT good. lol

There is a restaurant in Golders green called ermmmm I can't remember now. >.< But yeah it has really nice food. It is a very traditional looking Japanese restaurant and it's really cheap.... The food is really nice... It's pretty much opposite cafe Japan..... Just look for sheets hanging infront of the door. :-/

Misato's nice, but my favourite Japanese resturant in London is Satsuma. I read a review of a place off Oxford Street that does traditional Kyoto cuisine for a few hundred pounds a meal. Sounds amazing, if a little bit of a waste of money.

Few hundred pounds a meal!?? my god no wonder you prefer that place. I think we're in a different league here, I was talking more in line of £10-25 restaurants. Where in central london is Satsuma exactly?

Oh and I went to that wagamama for noodles after reading this thread, it isn't very good to me. It comes across more like a japanese themed western restaurant, serving food japanese style. That sort of thing. I guess it's a good introduction at first.

Few hundred pounds a meal!?? my god no wonder you prefer that place. I think we're in a different league here, I was talking more in line of £10-25 restaurants. Where in central london is Satsuma exactly?

Oh and I went to that wagamama for noodles after reading this thread, it isn't very good to me. It comes across more like a japanese themed western restaurant, serving food japanese style. That sort of thing. I guess it's a good introduction at first.

Haha no no no! Satsuma is moderately priced. It's in Soho. In fact, there's a road in Soho with a few Japanese resturants, and a Japanese supermarket on it. I could find out the name of the road if anyone's interested. The Kyoto 100£+ place is a different place. I've never been.

wagamama is probably the worst place to go if you want to taste the real japan. many japanese people i know shun it for being a bad example. personally ive tasted much better ramen. my favourite is definitely udon though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!