NEurope
Kaepora_Gaebora

Mario Golf World Tour

A demo for this is hitting the eShop on Thursday. icon14.gif

Is this the first time Nintendo have released a demo of their own games on the eShop?

Is this the first time Nintendo have released a demo of their own games on the eShop?
Nope:

Fire Emblem & Pokemon Mystery Dungeon got demos, so no.
Nintendogs + cats and New Style Boutique got demos too.

Nope:

Nintendogs + cats and New Style Boutique got demos too.

I knew there was more, couldn't think of them of the top my head. ;)

But is the first time they've released them in advance of a release?

The demos I mentioned were. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon allowed you to transfer your save over. I want to say New Style Boutique was as well, but not sure on that one.

ahhh it's been ages since I last saw a Nintendo demo so I forgot about all those games lol. No school/work on Friday so I can get some good play time with the demo this weekend :D

A demo for this is hitting the eShop on Thursday. icon14.gif

Happy days :hehe:

It'll be good to get a chance to try this out as I haven't really played a golf game for ages and certainly never played one as extensively as Mario Golf 64 :hehe:

Multi cart only I'm afraid!

Does it at least have any kind of hot seat play then?

Multi cart only I'm afraid!

Boo! A damn shame that :(

I don't suppose anyone knows if it's still gonna have a multiplayer mode where you take turns using the one 3DS?

Every previous MG game has had something like that (using the one handheld/console controller), so I'd be shocked if it wasn't here...

No hot seat/ pass the 3DS around multiplayer I'm afraid, only online or local multi cart is supported :(

WHAT!? Unbelievable! What were they thinking!? It is a bloody turn based game!

How can this be the only Mario Golf game out there without a hot seat mode!?

Ridiculous! :mad:

Game looks so good, can't wait. Really hope we get a mario golf/tennis for the Wii u at some point, especially tennis. Maybe more like mario tennis 64 than more fantastical sequels though

Looking forward to it, gonna download the demo tomorrow!

Never tried 3DS demo before, are these not to overly limited?

This is from Gonintendo:

Mario Golf: World Tour's demo features tutorials, 3-holes from Seaside Course, Wiggler Park, Yoshi Lake, a Star Coin Collector level on Peach's Gardens and a Ring Master level on the Mountain Course. The available characters for this slice are Mario, Peach, Yoshi and Bowser. It can be played ten times and is available now.

Won't download for me. Keeps getting an error part way through. Is that me or everyone!?

Won't download for me. Keeps getting an error part way through. Is that me or everyone!?

I managed to download it. Haven't played it yet though.

Try sleep mode download? Worked fine for me earlier.

Well after telling me it 'errored' it's just popped up on my home screen!

FOOOOORE!

Played it. Loved it. Can't wait for the 2nd.... Found it confusing at first that the preview grid had the little cursor in the middle of it, and then the flight of the ball arrow and landing point, wasn't sure which was which, but I THINK that the cursor on the grid is simply telling you if the area is lower or higher than where you are... Don't know why the flight cursor is off though sometimes...

Hmmm.

Don't think much if the demo to be honest.

The mechanics of the golf and the course are ok but having nothing to compete against is a bit dull. I would rather have only a few courses but a CPU to play against.

Also the grid on the greens is massively off putting would - much rather gave the wii sports golf approach.

The games itself may well fix some of have complaints which just makes me think the demo is odd.