NEurope
Kaepora_Gaebora

Mario Golf World Tour

I'm really pleased this was announced - the other Mario Golf games have been great. I hope there are more novelty courses than realistic ones, though. I'm a little bit nervous about how this'll turn out after Mario Tennis on 3DS, but I'm fairly confident it'll be the better game.

Well...it has a metacritic score of 69/100, so not really a worthy sequel to the original one (91/100) : /

The gameplay in Mario Tennis Open is excellent it's just very bare bones.

Yup. It may not have as much content as the previous handheld titles (or even Mario Power Tennis on Gamecube), but it's got it where it counts!

Plus online too and it actually works really well for the most part :)

I'm interested by this, spent so much time playing Mario Golf on gamecube which had a ton of courses and the fun of multiplayer. I do worry that this might be a bit light by comparison which is why I have not picked up Mario Tennis for 3DS.

So... RPG Mode, or no RPG Mode... that is the question. :hehe:

I actually got quite a lot of playtime out of Mario Tennis Open (mainly thanks to Online matches), but I'd obviously have preferred it to feature the RPG aspect too. Same applies for Mario Golf, so hopefully this game will include it.

So... RPG Mode, or no RPG Mode... that is the question. :hehe:

I actually got quite a lot of playtime out of Mario Tennis Open (mainly thanks to Online matches), but I'd obviously have preferred it to feature the RPG aspect too. Same applies for Mario Golf, so hopefully this game will include it.

Given the costs of developing a full 3D RPG mode in a game like this... I really doubt it (Plus they would've probably mentioned it during the ND if it did have it). It's almost certainly being designed as a "console" Mario Golf title.

That being said, the console Mario Golf games have never been lacking for content (and neither was We Love Golf), so I expect this to follow tradition and come with globs of things to do in single player :)

Given the costs of developing a full 3D RPG mode in a game like this... I really doubt it
You're probably right. :smile:

But what if the RPG Mode isn't 3D? ;) Imagine if it was like a 2 in 1 game, GB/GBA style 2D RPG + N64/GCN style 3D VS and Online game.

I'm well aware there's absolutely no chance of that, just dreaming here. :heh:

Given the costs of developing a full 3D RPG mode in a game like this...

All it needs is a top-down view and some simple areas. Not exactly much extra work over a 2D one.

But it won't happen.

The RPG aspects in Mario Tennis GBC were fantastic, combined with unlocking exclusive extra courts on the N64 version it was a really great package. One of those rare but bliss moments where at the time I knew next to nothing about the game.

The graphics for Mario Golf 3DS do look insanely good.

The same also goes for Mario Kart 7.

I'm starting to see a pattern here:

Pump out the Mario, but hold back on the extras.

The same also goes for Mario Kart 7.

I'm starting to see a pattern here:

Pump out the Mario, but hold back on the extras.

Yes we do seem to be getting more than ever but personally none of it appeals to me as much these days. All I care about are the "core" 3D platformer titles. The "New" series is not even close to matching the likes of Mario Bros 3 or World. I've played the DS original and the Wii version no intention of playing any others.

I really missed that there was no Mario golf on the Wii, a missed opportunity there, hopefully this will be good enough to satisfy my Mario Golf need. I remember playing Toadstool Tour (I'm sure that was the GC one) loads. It was a great game to just put on, sit back and play a few rounds of golf.

Thought the new screens of this during ND looked very nice, classic mario golf which is exactly what I want. And online play/leader boards/ rankings is just the icing on top, cannae wait!

(Can you tell I'm a huge Mario Golf fan?...)

I wonder if they'll fuck up the online like they did in the great mario tennis!!! (well, everything, they fuck it up in everything...)

I SO wish this game was on Wii U, it would be a real seller to me.

Online multiplayer, DLC characters and greens, put in the Gamepad features/second screen use they've included in Wii Sports Golf, Mario themed golf mini games...

Dammit Nintendo shouldn't have been reworking Wii Sports, they should have either given us a Wii Sports 2, or they should have had someone working on Mario Tennis and Golf (even Mario Baseball) for the Wii U.

This clearly should be on WiiU, the controls would be best suited to it.

It is, it's called Wii Sports Club: Golf

The Wii Sports name is 100x bigger than the "Mario Golf" name, this would sell terribly on Wii U, and so they're rightly taking advantage of the Wii Sports name

Hmmm...... I get this would sell more than Wii sports golf has. I. 99% certain of it.

And forget sales, this has more courses, more character, more modes, more depth.... Of course we'd love this on the Wii u too. Though actually I'm glad it's a 3ds title.

So the eshop listing confirms DLC course. Excellent. Also online tournaments and "special trials" (???)

"Test your skills in a gauntlet of course challenges, play with friends locally (using emoticons to cheer them on), or take on players around the world in online real-time tournaments. Discover additional paid downloadable courses and participate in special trial tournaments."

Really looking forward to this!