NEurope
Kaepora_Gaebora

Mario Golf World Tour

I absolutely love it and think the demo's brilliant. I'd much prefer a taste of a few courses and additional modes, yeah it'll be great to play against opponents but it's just a demo. It looks amazing, controls great, extra modes are good and yoshi gets the ball out of the hole with his tongue - what more do you want?

That is cool when Yoshi does that. :)

Before the demo I was worried about single player depth and this gives me no clue at all.

I wish the would just give you the start of the game and prevent you from accessing certain options.

I've heard it's better than mario tennis for depth (not hard) but nothing like the rpg mode of the other handheld titles. Which is a huge shame. Hopefully the online will be good, and they seem to be doing online tournaments and stuff which is promising.

Is there an online mode where you can take your go when the other player is offline?

I've heard it's better than mario tennis for depth (not hard) but nothing like the rpg mode of the other handheld titles. Which is a huge shame. Hopefully the online will be good, and they seem to be doing online tournaments and stuff which is promising.

Well Mario Golf has always had more single player depth than Mario Tennis. By its very nature, there's just more you can do with Golf from a gameplay standpoint than Tennis...

Though Tennis has always been more popular amongst us when it comes to multiplayer, due to the much faster pace (golf, while always fun, does take a while to get through...)

DLC and Season Pass pricing.

Mushroom Pack — 2nd May ($5.99)

Includes two new 18-hole courses and Toadette as a playable character.

Flower Pack — "later in May" ($5.99)

Includes two new 18-hole courses and Nabbit as a playable character.

Star Pack — June ($5.99)

Includes two new 18-hole courses and Rosalina as a playable character.

Season Pass — From 2nd May ($14.99)

Includes all three packs as they're released

Gold Mario playable character, with a special Golden Flower shot that awards coins for every yard of a shot.

Gold Mario will also be given to those that buy all three packs separately, available to those players once the Star Pack has arrived in June. Trial Tournaments will also be offered to give interested players a chance to try the DLC courses for free — all of the DLC combined will add six courses (108 holes) and four characters.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Man, Nintendo are starting to go nuts with DLC. :blank:

Yup. It seems they are starting to follow the rest of the industry with day one DLC that needs to be paid for. Not a fan.

Not a fan of Season Passes so disappointed Nintendo are going down that route, however they do tell us what you get in advance so I suppose it's not that bad (it's basically just a pack like they have done before but not everything is available).

Surprised. I thought people would be up for it. The timing isn't great, but I like the idea!

Well there you go then. The Nintendo DLC Era has begun... *puke*

Surprised. I thought people would be up for it. The timing isn't great, but I like the idea!

I don't mind DLC at all, I've bought a bunch of it on various games for the Xbox. My main issue is Day 1 DLC that has to be bought. I always feel like the stuff could have been put in the game already if it's ready for download on release day.

I prefer it when the stuff gets announced after the game has been out a while, you know, to give it some legs. I don't care for the practise of announcing paid DLC before the game is even out. It just rubs me the wrong way, no matter who does it.

Will be interesting to see if this DLC is already on the cartridge and we're just paying to unlock it. I hope that isn't the route they're taking.

I don't mind DLC at all, I've bought a bunch of it on various games for the Xbox. My main issue is Day 1 DLC that has to be bought. I always feel like the stuff could have been put in the game already if it's ready for download on release day.

I prefer it when the stuff gets announced after the game has been out a while, you know, to give it some legs. I don't care for the practise of announcing paid DLC before the game is even out. It just rubs me the wrong way, no matter who does it.

Oh okay, I get you. Yeah, the timing isn't great, surely the best point is to add new content after you may have finished all the previous stuff...

If to is already in the game then yeah, that'd be borderline awful....

At least they explain exactly what you get for the Season Pass, instead of "3 single player DLCs" adding "new stories and characters" and then bringing out a terrible wave mode and one story across two parts.

Sigh. This is what happens when people say Nintendo has to get with the times with online.

I'm a sad panda now.

Will be interesting to see if this DLC is already on the cartridge and we're just paying to unlock it. I hope that isn't the route they're taking.

I wouldn't think so. Nintendo haven't lost all sense.

Day 1 DLC...seriously, not impressed.

A month or two down the line and maybe, but this game had gone from 'day 1' to 'I'll buy it preowned' for me now.

Also, this is clearly a test for Day 1 DLC and the success of it will determine what happens with Smash and MK8.

Day 1 DLC...seriously, not impressed.

A month or two down the line and maybe, but this game had gone from 'day 1' to 'I'll buy it preowned' for me now.

Also, this is clearly a test for Day 1 DLC and the success of it will determine what happens with Smash and MK8.

Other Nintendo published games have had Day 1 DLC. Fire Emblem and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, for example. This isn't anything new.

Sigh. This is what happens when people say Nintendo has to get with the times with online.

If that's the case, then Nintendo are utterly awful at listening to fans.

Yeah, on reading this properly, and on reflection, it is done right. I could have done without the day 1 DLC, but the way they're doing it is good.

They have done packages at smaller prices before, with New Super Mario Bros. 2, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and so forth. This is just the first time they've told us what's coming ahead.

The trial of them is good, though, and this is clearly substantial. 108 holes for $15...bargain.

That said, I'm amused at how people are reacting like Nintendo has sinned. They have improved what has become a standard practice.

I'm a sad panda now.

I asked for voice chat! Not this!!

I dunno why people are so surprised by this. At the end of the day Nintendo are a business and there is money to be made here. They are just like every other company in that they want your money. They just happened to ask for it in a nicer manner. :D

Other Nintendo published games have had Day 1 DLC. Fire Emblem and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, for example. This isn't anything new.

I didn't say it wasn't new..? I just don't have those games, brah.

Now I think about it, I don't think I've ever purchased a video game that had Day 1 DLC (and I own all the consoles bar PS4 and XB1). This game will inevitably the first time I have to pay for additional content.

I didn't say it wasn't new..? I just don't have those games, brah.

Now I think about it, I don't think I've ever purchased a video game that had Day 1 DLC (and I own all the consoles bar PS4 and XB1). This game will inevitably the first time I have to pay for additional content.

Just be glad it is additional. From what I've been told by friends with the review copy, the game is still very substantial without it.

Yeah, on reading this properly, and on reflection, it is done right. I could have done without the day 1 DLC, but the way they're doing it is good.

They have done packages at smaller prices before, with New Super Mario Bros. 2, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and so forth. This is just the first time they've told us what's coming ahead.

The trial of them is good, though, and this is clearly substantial. 108 holes for $15...bargain.

That said, I'm amused at how people are reacting like Nintendo has sinned. They have improved what has become a standard practice.

I fail to see an improvement. Season passes always give discounts over seperate purchases. They are doing Day 1 DLC. The only thing they have done is tell you what you get with the Season Pass which many have done in the past ( as well as many haven't ). Where's the improvement?